jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

What is your view of your financial health? How important is that to you?

1. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 20 months ago

What is your view of your financial health? How important is that to you?

2. Johnny James A profile image76
    Johnny James Aposted 20 months ago

Financial health is extremely important to me, as I do worry about being able to support myself in my older years.  What really concerns me is knowing that no matter how invested I am in my financial health, that I will never have 100% control. Stock markets fluctuate all the time, people can experience layoffs (thank goodness I have not), unexpected medical costs etc could happen. I think the mean thing I have learned in life is that many times you must put aside emotional responses and stick to logic.  I witnessed a couple of family members sink deeper in debt as they refused to let go of a home they had equity in as they were falling behind on payments.  They would keep saying " I raised my kids here, or I will be viewed as a failure if I let the house go."  It is weird to see seeming intelligent individuals sometimes make the most illogical choices (knowingly) because of sentiment only to lose the very thing they wanted to hold onto. Other times I can understand the need to look ot the emotional decision and hope for the best. One friend went bankrupt trying to pay for medical bills for his wife's illness.  They were so much in love I knew he would rather be broke and have a few more months with her than to just let her go.  That being said, financial health is very important and I wish more schools would have courses on financial literacy.

1. gmwilliams profile image85
      gmwilliamsposted 20 months agoin reply to this

SMART young man!

3. Alessio Ganci profile image84
    Alessio Ganciposted 20 months ago

Extremely important also for me. The only thing I consider more important is having family and friends (having money and being alone is not the kind of life I would like to have), but immediately after them financial health is very important for me.