- Politics and Social Issues»
- United States Politics
PRESIDENTIAL POWERS UNDER THE CONSTITUTION-PART 2
My fellow American’s in my previous hub I elucidated on the nature of the democratic republic in which we live. I gave specifics on The Constitution and various and several powers enumerated in that great document. My purpose is to further espouse on this great document on which The United Stated of America was founded. I will continue on the Executive branch of our government.
ARTICLE II SECTION 2
I ask that you read and digest the information shown below:
Article. II. - The Executive Branch
Section 2 - Civilian Power over Military, Cabinet, Pardon Power, Appointments
The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States, and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States; he may require the Opinion, in writing, of the principal Officer in each of the executive Departments, upon any subject relating to the Duties of their respective
Offices, and he shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offences against The United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.
Do you understand the information highlighted above? Do you know the ramifications and implications of this power of the Executive branch having total control over our military? If not please read it again and try to concentrate on the information.
I think that all of you are able to comprehend the possible ramifications of this unfettered power over the military and militias. If used with evil intentions the results could be horrific. President Obama could constitutionally order anything of our military even against Americans. He could further order the military to stand down even though the homeland was under attack. I’ll give you a moment to let that information sink in.
Now turn your attention back to present days. Think of the various actions and pronouncements of President Obama that show distain for both the American people and The Constitution. This man makes habit of going against the “Will of the American People”. I will further enumerate examples (some identical to yesterdays) of such behavior below:
- Think of the Presidential appointees who have questionable backgrounds.
- Think of the bribes in the Health Care legislation.
- Think of the legislation by fiat as practiced by President Obama to placate Representative Stupak in his fight for innocent babies!!!!!!
- Think of the numerous times he has demeaned the American people and even mocked by saying we should be grateful for paying taxes to support his stimulus boondoggle. What is a saved job?
- Think of his background of being Muslim born and his conversion to Christianity in a church where he worshiped for over twenty years and claimed he never heard the hate speech against America even though he wrote it in his book prior to campaigning for president.
I have but one more question to ask you, How long before military action is ordered against legitimate protesters? Have the orders already been written? Remember the Chicago way if they bring a knife you bring a gun. Our cutting words are metaphorical knives so what about those orders? They are signed, sealed and delivered just waiting for the time they are needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our brave soldiers may resist such orders but once given, the fabric of the nation is rent beyond repair!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PS: Fellow hubber 50Caliber has published a hub warning against military action against Americans also but with a different scenario, which I link here.