Charlu profile image 83

Does SS Disability and Medicare need to be reformed or the people and to many agencies governing it?

Recently having seen the brutal fight one has to go through to get SS or SSD, Medicaid or Medicare I was in shock. The mere fact you have to deal with SSI, Office of Disability Determination, SS, and the enormous lack of knowledge and literal defiance between them was a wake up call. Then those that NEED medical help turned away because their spouse makes $54 a month to much or can't get Medicare for two yrs after being found disabled. Do you think we should have to hire a lawyer to get benefits you paid for? Is it the abuse of the system or the system and the many agencies running it?

Doc Snow profile image97

Doc Snow says

My Esoteric profile image88

My Esoteric says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

What amazes me is they spend hundreds of millions of dollars for you to go see their doctors and then when they find your disabled send it to another doctor in an office to overturn their paid doctors decision. So why bother other than costing us $$

bizzymom profile image75

bizzymom says

Marcy Goodfleisch profile image94

Marcy Goodfleisch says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

It is a catastrophe. They didn't pay a doctor of mine for any reports for 7 mths so I couldn't get mine. Then if I had a surgery I could possibly go back to work but they would rather pay me $30,000 for 2 yrs than give me Medicare now when I need it.

Author Cheryl profile image87

Cheryl A Whitsett (Author Cheryl) says

• ptosis profile image

ptosis 5 years ago

SSDI is NOT SSI - every wage hour you worked - you paid into it - it is your right - and is not based on lack of $$ like SSI. SSDI is not Welfare - it is insurance, like fire, auto, home, flood and your comment is insulting.

BizGenGirl profile image89

Bema Self (BizGenGirl) says

quatrain profile image63

quatrain says

• Doc Snow profile image

Doc Snow 5 years ago

You hear vague claims about 'riddled with fraud,' and so on. But is there actual analysis of this? It's pretty hard to see how a system can simultaneously be too restrictive of real claims, yet too permissive of bogus ones.

Larry Wall says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

In the letter they sent me the attorney can get up to 25% of back payments. But that is my point should (and believe me you need one) we have to pay attorneys to get the benefits we've already paid for. That's just absurd

whonunuwho profile image81

whonunuwho says

• Charlu profile image

Charlu 5 years ago

I could not even get a doctors report because the SOCIAL SECURITY had not paid their bill since January for anybody not just me (this is Aug). They are already not paying their bills and we are the ones suffering.