jlpark profile image 90

Why do people hold others to ideals that they themselves don't hold themselves to?

This question is in response to a discussion in comments to a hub. We all live by ideals, some Biblical in nature, others not. Why is it that people hold others, such as myself, to a set of ideals that they are happy to acknowledge that they may not completely follow themselves? For example, the initial comments were in regards to homosexuality, where I and people like me should be held to an ideal/tenet in the Bible, yet those stating this acknowledge that they do not live to all the ideals in the Bible. BUT this question is about the idea in general NOT about homosexuality. Thanks!

Attikos profile image77

Best Answer Attikos says

Express10 profile image86

H C Palting (Express10) says

Lisa HW profile image84

Lisa HW says

Larry Wall says