jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

What other false credit is due to Obama?

1. phion profile image59
    phionposted 5 years ago

One of the biggest arguments I hear for how Obama has done a “good job” over the last 3 plus years is that he ended the war in Iraq. Well that’s like saying he killed Osama.

Obama didn’t end anything in Iraq. He ordered our forces to tuck tail and leave a country that could’ve become a great ally in a troublesome region. All the billions of dollars, and thousands of lives were lost in vain. There is nothing to show. We should’ve never been there in the first place isn’t an educated argument. The only argument is what did we do after we were there. The usual…ohh well the folks back home are getting tired of the war, time to start reducing troops and tying their hands behind their backs. Call it a withdraw, and not a retreat. Truth is Afghanistan and Iraq should’ve and could’ve been over with 5-6 years ago, if America still had the heart she once did.

What did the average American sacrifice while its country was in this multi front war? I’m not talking about WWII; we all know their sacrifices gave them the title of the greatest generation.

Gutless and cowardly politics have forced our armed forces to accept failure in nearly every military campaign since Korea. Obama has nothing new to offer in this category. This is evident in the disrespect our current President commands from his fellow world leaders. Putin especially, but also many other world leaders are drooling over a second Obama term. The top dog that was once America has grown fat, complacent, and all together ignorant to the realities of our day.

Sorry for writing so much...it's been awhile since I've vented.

1. kerryg profile image86
      kerrygposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Gutless and cowardly politics have forced our armed forces to accept failure in nearly every military campaign since Korea.

I don't think it's gutless and cowardly politics so much as the fact that the American people tend to fall like lemmings for our leaders' war mongering and rush in all rah rah without really thinking things over, before realizing too late when the boxes start coming home that we have not, in fact, been in a war that deserved such sacrifice on our part since World War 2.

Some day maybe we'll figure out the game before losing our sons and daughters to it, but we haven't yet.

2. knolyourself profile image60
    knolyourselfposted 5 years ago

No guts nukem? I read Bibi is blackmailing Obama, that if no obedience he will nuke Iran.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59
      Hollie Thomasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yep, let's hope those folks in Florida can see through Bibi.

2. phion profile image59
      phionposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I hope nukes don't start to fall, because if they do this time I doubt they will stop after two.

3. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

It would have been impossible for Obama to end the war in Iraq 5-6 years ago.
    He was not the president then.

1. phion profile image59

No he wasn't, and I never said it was solely his fault. He just keeps the same ol song and dance going. The failure is as much Bush's fault as anyone's, if not more so for starting it in the first place.

The point was that he didn’t end anything, much less a war, which by the way still rages beyond the American citizen’s eye sight.

Credit where credit is due is an old idea these days.

1. Hollie Thomas profile image59

At least he is attempting to bring troops home. Romney on the other hand, has a new project lined up for them.

1. phion profile image59

Ohhh he does?...do you have any insight as to what…I’d like to know?

No one wants our troops to be deployed. I just added another brother to a long list last week in Afghanistan. Matty KIA 02AUG2012.  If we are going to leave our loved ones and children to go to foreign lands because our country says we are needed, then send us to win and accomplish the mission for which we are sent!

I just got out of the Army after 9 years of service starting in 03’. Nothing hurts me more and brings more continued pain than knowing that our leaders could care less about the mission for which we went, and how we were forced to fail by the bureaucrats in Washington.

2. Hollie Thomas profile image59

I believe he did, however, vote against that one, too.

1. phion profile image59

You mean he did actually vote?

4. Mighty Mom profile image89
    Mighty Momposted 5 years ago

phion,
    I do agree with your comment about these wars being invisible to Americans.
    Yes, too many American parents have sacrificed. They have lost their children.
    But in terms of actual national sacrifice as in WWII, not at all.

To most, these wars are invisible.
    Which goes back to my comment above. As long as "we" are being fed a steady stream of "rah rah troops" and "get those evil terrorists" propaganda, we support the war.
    But as a country we get bored and distracted easily.

Not to worry, tho. The war drums are already beating again. As per Hollie Thomas' post.

working