According to this article http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/20 … op-future/ the future for the GOP doesn't look too good. Out of curiosity, does anyone have suggestions as to what the Republican Party can do to gain back its former status in the United States? I don't care what political affiliation you are apart of. I am trying to come up with new ways to help improve my party so any suggestions would be gladly accepted. Thanks!
The Republican party needs to be conservative, and clearly articulate and implement conservative principles. This country is fundamentally conservative and it wants to hear than message clearly articulated. A good example of the sort of Republicans we need is Steve Lonegan of New Jersey who's running for governor. http://www.lonegan.com/Home.aspx
Here is a sample of his platform which should be THE template for any conservative serious about winning:
1. ONLY LONEGAN KNOWS BUDGETS AND HOW TO CUT THEM. Mayor Lonegan is the only candidate with a specific plan to straighten out our fiscal mess, reduce spending and debt, decrease regulations and cut taxes.
2. ONLY LONEGAN HAS THE EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE. As a three-term Mayor and successful businessman, Steve understands the problems business owners and local elected officials face, and as Governor he will focus on solutions.
3. ONLY LONEGAN HAS A PROVEN RECORD. As Mayor, Steve froze spending and debt and kept taxes far below inflation. He reduced payrolls, increased efficiency, improved the business climate and stood up to local power brokers.
4. ONLY LONEGAN HAS A HISTORY OF WINNING FOR TAXPAYERS. Whether fighting wasteful spending, unconstitutional debt, public employee unions, or state bureaucrats, Steve Lonegan always stands up for the forgotten taxpayer.
Whether fighting wasteful spending, unconstitutional debt, public employee unions, or state bureaucrats, Steve Lonegan always stands up for the forgotten taxpayer.
5. ONLY LONEGAN WILL UNITE THE REPUBLICAN PARTY. Steve Lonegan is the only candidate with a broad appeal, a consistent conservative record and a strong message all Republicans can support.
6. ONLY LONEGAN CAN WIN DEMOCRATS AND INDEPENDENTS. Steve’s conservative record kept Republican Council control for ELEVEN STRAIGHT ELECTIONS in a 2-1 Democrat town that voted 64% for Barack Obama and 66% for Frank Lautenberg.
7. ONLY LONEGAN HAS THE GRASSROOTS NETWORK. Steve can count on thousands of energized and enthusiastic supporters across the state, giving Republican campaigns energy and excitement that hasn’t been seen in years.
8. ONLY LONEGAN WILL RAISE THE MONEY. With nearly 1,000 donors already, Steve Lonegan is an aggressive fundraiser and the only Republican who is raising the money necessary to counter Corzine’s bankroll.
9. ONLY LONEGAN HAS THE “FIRE” TO WIN. Steve is ready to win. He needs no time to decide his future and is already working night and day to build the campaign organization needed to win in November.
10. ONLY LONEGAN WILL FIGHT THE “ABBOTT” DECISION. Steve believes if a school district cannot educate a student at the state average cost, then that student should have a right to a voucher to go to the school of his choice.
11. ONLY LONEGAN WILL STOP COAH. No one has been more outspoken against Corzine’s attempt to force more than 100,000 Low Income Housing units into every New Jersey town than Steve Lonegan, and he will stop it as Governor.
12. ONLY LONEGAN WILL DEFEND HOME RULE. Steve opposes Corzine’s plan to eliminate small towns and school boards and put Trenton in charge of local zoning. Steve supports each town’s right to govern itself as it sees fit.
13. ONLY LONEGAN WILL SWEEP REPUBLICANS TO VICTORY. Steve’s conservative message will bring victories up and down the ballot, just as it did in Steve’s three Mayoral elections, when every GOP candidate running won in Bogota.
14. ONLY LONEGAN HAS ALREADY DEFEATED CORZINE. Steve led the effort to stop Corzine’s 800% Toll Hike scheme and led the fight that stopped Corzine’s $450 Million Embryonic Stem Cell Bonding proposal.
15. ONLY LONEGAN WILL BEAT CORZINE IN NOVEMBER. People said Ronald Reagan couldn’t win. However, Steve Lonegan - like Reagan - is a strong campaigner with a compelling message who will pull no punches. He’s ready, and will beat Jon Corzine. The time is now!
by crankalicious 85 minutes ago
Note: this forum is the direct result of a conservative poster's implication through a single example on facebook of a anti-conservative pedophile posting, that Democrats are linked to pedophiles.So, given the revelations in Pennsylvania of 300 conservative priests molesting children with over...
by Thomas Byers 4 years ago
How can any American support the Republican Party???They are out of touch with reality and really don't care about the middle class and poor. We can only hope that the Hispanic people will vote for the Democrats and keep a Republican President out of office any time in the near future. Have you...
by Cedar Cove Farm 7 years ago
PLease, only answer if you have been a traditional conservative. I am a conservative Christian and my view is that the neo-conservatives stink just as bad as the liberals. I want true, American old fashined values re-represented. How about you?
by Sooner28 6 years ago
Why does the ostensible party of liberty abandon the principle whenever the situation becomes uncomfortable?Examples are:MarijuanaGay MarriagePatriot ActTortureIndefinite Detention (so much for a speedy and fair trial)Calling for the firing of liberal professorsControlling women's bodiesForcing ONE...
by Josh Ratzburg 2 years ago
How in the HELL does Donald Trump lead in the Republican primary polls?People who support him have to be trolling, right?
by movingout 5 years ago
As an Independent, I have voted for Republicans and Democrats. I feel we need a true two party system to help rebuild this great country. But instead, I see a divided Republican Party! We have the "true Conservative Republicans (which I have voted for in the past), being replaced by this...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|