jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

Who has the right of way when it comes to public bathrooms?

1. VVanNess profile image84
    VVanNessposted 4 years ago

Lol Is it the person going into the bathroom or the person coming out?

1. profile image0
      Motown2Chitownposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I'm actually going to take a stab at this...lol

1)  We are conditioned to walk to our right. 
      2)  If there is enough room to go through a walkway together, as long as each person walks to his/her right, there should be no problem.
      3)  If there is a single doorway that opens IN, the person coming out should wait until the person entering has entered.
      4)  If there is a single doorway that opens OUT, the person coming in should wait until the person leaving has exited.

big_smile

VVanNessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Awesome. That's what I would have said. Apparently there's a big confusion around this topic. Do we need training on right of way in social situations just like we do with traffic? Lol Thanks! That was actually a very well thought out response. smile Love it!

1. profile image0

Thanks.  Believe it or not, I had a long discussion about this very subject with my husband the other day - spurred by the confusion between the Enter/Exit doors at our local Walmart. 
          smile

VVanNessposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Oh wow! That's another good topic. Is there a good reason that they put the exit sign on the left when we've been conditioned to walk on the right? Who hasn't had that discussion? Lol

1. profile image0

THAT is exactly what started it!!!  I have panic attacks trying to get in or out of the damned store sometimes because of that!

working