On March 31, 2014, according to news reports including the Huffington Post, Dupunt scion Robert H. Richards IV of Delaware is to go undergo therapy instead of a prison sentence. In 2009, Mr. Richards was charged with inappropriate conduct regarding his 3 year old daughter and infant son between the years 2005 and 2007. Mr. Richardss pleaded guilty to the charges. He was supposed to be sentenced to 8 years of prison.
However, Superior Court Judge Jan R. Jurden SUSPENDED the 8 year sentence. Judge Jurden vehemently believed that Mr. Richards "would not fare well" in prison. So instead she sentenced him to 8 years probation in which he must undergo rehabilitative therapy. Judge Jurden indicated that Mr. Roberts would go to prison if he violates probation. Do YOU believe that Mr. Richards was treated with kid gloves by Judge Jurden?
Here's are some links,
It is impossible to tell from two vigilante "hang 'em high" videos whether the judge did right or not.
Personally, I would think it doubtful - that money changed hands somewhere along the line to produce that result - but would never make any such call without a LOT more information.
So I don't have a belief here and no one that cares about justice will either. Not based on the information here.
Hello, Grace. I hope you have been well.
It is hard for me to respond to your final question when so many of the “facts” you supply in the OP are untrue.
1. This did not happen yesterday. Mr. Roberts was sentenced five years ago in 2009 and not on March 31, 2014.
2. After a thorough investigation, no evidence was found to support the charges regarding his son.
3. Mr. Roberts faced two mandatory 10 year sentences under the original charges. However, a few days before the trial in June 2008, the state prosecutor offered a plea deal allowing Mr. Roberts to plead guilty to 4th degree rape. The prosecutor then recommended probation rather than jail time. Although Judge Jurden approved the terms, all of the details transpired days before the trial actually began.
4. One of the likely outcomes raised suggested that the case against Mr. Roberts was so weak that, if tried, he might have been found not guilty.
5. It is possible that Mr. Robert’s highly paid and well focused lawyers would have fill the court room with reams of documents, lots of doubt, and, eventually, an acquittal. Instead, Mr. Roberts is an admitted sex offender whose admission and sentence went mostly unnoticed until his ex-wife recently filed a civil suit.
Thanks for this thread.
If he admitted he raped his daughter, it scares me that he is not in jail. I also feel bad for the child. I wonder what psychological effects this will have on her. Also, although there is no evidence regarding the boy, there is clearly admission by the man regarding the girl. How many children do you have to rape before you get a jail sentence?
I am not familiar with this case, but based on the two videos, what stands out is his admission. Guess he got off because the admission was part of a plea bargain. However, it looks like it was a bad deal that was made, and I wonder who the child's lawyer was.
by theirishobserver.8 years ago
Celine Cawley was one of the Bond girls that starred along side Roger Moore, today her husband was sentenced for her brutal killing. Finally today the criminal case which I have been talking about for some time came to...
by lizistanton7 years ago
If a man commits a crime and sentenced to prison, he is sentenced to much more: sexual assault, physical assault, malnutrition, lack of medical care, pain, lack of mental health care and isolation from...
by Fairbear8 years ago
I'll pick up on this thread where I left off in the last, but on a new topic. The last one was about a flaw in Christian theology, namely, the impossible definition of God. This one is about protective coloring in the...
by theirishobserver.6 years ago
Washington, D.C. July 01, 2011 FBI National Press Office (202) 324-3691 — filed under: Breaking News, Press Release 1.New York: Three Men Each Sentenced to 25 Years in Prison for Plotting to Bomb Bronx...
by Patricia Scott2 years ago
Where are you on capital punishment?Karla Faye Tucker was put to death for a heinous murder Her story is told in a poignant, reflective film in which her life changes dramatically after imprisonment.And yet she was not...
by juana157 years ago
is Mr. capatized in the middle of a sentence?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.