Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (36 posts)
  1. Akriti Mattu profile image60
    Akriti Mattuposted 9 years ago

What is your take on the Tsarnaev verdict ?

1. profile image56
      retief2000posted 9 years agoin reply to this

He decided it was fine to murder innocent people for no other reason than they do not adhere to his religion. He deserves the consequences of his actions, what ever they may be.

Akriti Mattuposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Yep i feel the same

2. cathylynn99 profile image76
    cathylynn99posted 9 years ago

we  are sending ISIS the message that it's okay  to kill people you don't like. we do.

The message was long due.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

Sadly for him ,  only because of his age  ,  It only go's to show us all !.  Youth is more eager than maturely able to deal with the issues of life .  At about  fifteen  , they can drive ,they can use their own heads  to decide many things .  Like killing an innocent , or bringing a child into the world ,  Or bombing a city ?.    At eighteen they can decide to go and fight a war , take a  enemy's life . Or vote for the president .

Yet how immature they really are !  More and more in today's world we expect more of this age group !    And, because of social standards ,  they offer less maturity at that age ?   All the more reason to NOT coddle the child  , Make them expect  to have to  deliver more maturity, responsibility , and  social conscience-ness towards others .

Yes i agree

1. rhamson profile image69
        rhamsonposted 9 years agoin reply to this

"Make them expect  to have to  deliver more maturity, responsibility , and  social conscience-ness towards others."

I'm beginning to like this guy! Of all the things I taught my three sons was that there are consequences for your actions. They paid heavily for their mistakes and I made it so for them to let them know they are not the only one that matters. Punishment is something we don't do anymore as it supposedly makes the child feel like they are a failure and they don't feel good about themselves. History teaches us that we learn more from our failures than we do from our successes. Success gives you a reward, the end of learning if you will. Failure gives you a reason to not duplicate it. Measure against how many successes you have to failures to see that the learning experience is one of continuing growth.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
      FatFreddysCatposted 9 years ago

(shrugs) You mess with the bull, you get the horn.

yeah

2. Keisha Hunter profile image68
        Keisha Hunterposted 9 years ago

I think it is sad, seeing that he was being influenced by his older and more influential brother. It reminds me of the sniper incidents: Lee Boyd Malvo and John Mohammed I think were the names,except that the influenced youngster's life was spared in arguably a more heinous series of crimes and has been turning his life around, albeit behindbars.

It's sad how the youth is becoming so vulnerable and ending up destroying lives of others as well as themselves.

1. profile image56

When one places his foot on the path of violence, he must understand what violence brings. A soldier who does not understand that his own life is at risk is foolish. A murderer is no less foolish if he believes that violence will not end him, as well.

My personal belief is that the death penalty is problematic, at best. The idea is disturbing. The foreknowledge that a death penalty exists should dissuade a rational person from a course of violence. Some times it does. Often times, the rational person weighs the consequences of his actions and accepts the risk.

Tsarnaev, rationally, decided that jihad required the death of infidels, the consequences follow in a reasonable course.

"My personal belief is that the death penalty is problematic, at best."

You might have to rethink this as I am in total agreement with you on this. God forbid we should see eye to eye on anything.

3. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 9 years ago

All the more reason that we are ALL responsible for each individual act that we perpetrate from a younger age than he is  !      An eight year old can have more sense than these fools .

1. Credence2 profile image80
          Credence2posted 9 years agoin reply to this

If a normally capital crime is committed by a minor, that constitutes mitigating circumstances in his or her behalf, against a death penalty sentence in my opinion and that of the Supreme Court. It was the only reason that Malvo's young charge and accomplice was spared the supreme penalty for their joint killing spree.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Let's coddle the poor child , psychopath or not !    I have grown to hate this very system of "no fault " free range , blameless justice system .

Sorry, ahorseback, but the right wing thought pattern is always the very antithesis of enlightened and civilized society.

1. wilderness profile image95
                wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Given the crime rate that left wing, "no fault"  thought patterns have produced, it's a little hard to call it "civilized"...

So you're not ok with the verdict ?

1. profile image0
                    Val Thorposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

Try not to use expletives or words that are indecent here. If you disagree with people here, it is absolutely ok but do not make the discussion lame by spouting your immature language. Also try putting forward a rational point of view, whatever side you are on. Else don't be a part of it!

2. Credence2 profile image80

Ok, wilderness, would you condemn a 12 year old to the gallows? It happened to a 14 year old black kid in Virginia 75 years ago. The man convicted was over 18 when the crime was committed and there were no other mitigating factors, the penalty he received may well be appropriate.

I did not speak of 'no fault' where are you getting this from?

2. profile image56

So drone strikes on civilian targets with incalculable collateral casualties because the lefty POTUS is personally checking off a name on his kill list, is the HEIGHT of reason and civilization and reason?!?!

There are many kinds of death penalty, at least the one espoused here requires a lengthy conflict between attorneys in a court of law before a jury deliberates and following an involved, mandatory appeal process.

It is unlikely two hostages will accompany the recipient of the death penalty into the executioners grasp, unlike the injudicious or capricious use of drone strikes to execute the nations enemies.

Obama was the one that got bin Laden, there is a war going on that you rightwingers walked in goose step to begin. So, why blame Obama for a defensive and offensive policies taken over the past half century? Who said anything about napalm or land mines used during Vietnam, did not hear anything from neither LBJ or Nixon?

2. aware profile image68
          awareposted 9 years ago

I aplaud punishment for killers.lets hope its swift.

Yes there is no point of executing a person 10 or 15 years after the verdict has been announced. It should be quick.

1. profile image0

Deleted

Sure you saying the guilty isn't guilty so the entire judiciary ought to believe it ?? He was found guilty and hence is being convicted. Period.

1. profile image0

Deleted

Language dude !!
                    Just relax . You don't wanna agree, don't but DO NOT spout anything that crosses the line here.

Next time you wanna comment in any of my discussions, try being assertive but without the fowl language and if you can't , don't be a part of my forums. I am more than happy to allow people with differing point of views but abusers NOPE.

p.s .Try not doing it next time or i'll have to report you!

2. rhamson profile image69

The problem with making it swift is that in some cases (not necessarily this one) evidence comes out to refute the conviction. We have seen where mandatory sentencing goes horribly wrong as some offenses are not as serious as others but technically make then similar. Quick justice sometimes backfires. That's okay for somebody else's kid but what about your own? Wouldn't it be more prudent to let the whole process play out to be sure? Isn't the life of an innocent man worth it?

Agreed but what if the people killed were our own ? There cannot be grey areas in judiciary. It has got to be either black or white. There is no place for shades of grey in any justice system around the world. Also i don't feel that just coz' an individual convicted of killing is young, there should be more sympathy with him. When 9/11 happened the masses from your country hated Osama Bin Laden and rightfully so. The man was a real threat. Would you be sympathetic towards him had he been young ? Don't think so. So why here. A an guilty of crime, no matter who he/she is ought to be punished.

I don't disagree. But a rush to execute is a bad precedence to set as others can be swallowed up in the process.

2. steve8miller profile image67
            steve8millerposted 9 years ago

There is good evidence that the Boston Marathon bombing was allowed to happen. Not only that FBI and CIA not only knew of the bombing but trained the bombers. I did not believe this until Sandy Hoax.

Insane the world we live in nowadays, never rely on mainstream media for information or you will be left in the dark. I was embarrassed to find out how fooled I had been. I will say maybe hoax is the wrong word, I would say it is state funded terrorism, unfortunately the state is America. Don't take it from me check out this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGkuvgqsE5A

Once we get over just how horrible these people are and that takes time the truth will set in. Took me a year or two to finally realize just how sick these people are. We need to hold them accountable or we will find them in our neighborhoods and people will start dying. Mainly the good people who are against these false flag attacks.

1. profile image0

http://usercontent2.hubimg.com/12416131.jpg

Somebody please get out the trophy box and give this  a Big One  !

Now the US. government is at fault for the  invention of domestic terrorism ! Wow , why couldn't I  have figured that one out .  Gees , I wish I had gone on to   higher education and all .   

No wonder  " we the people " are in such a dither  here in our own county  !

1. steve8miller profile image67
                steve8millerposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Lol. Yea its textbook and we all know who the instigators are. Maybe we can fly some more Isis fighters into America and give them more military equipment.

Not sure with your grammar if you are agreeing Mr. arseback or being sarcastic. Not sure about the "higher education" deal? If you are saying that the television has dumbed-down the population, you are obviously right.

One thing I will say is if the people start to bicker among each other instead of agree and unite to stop this liberal agenda then we are in trouble. I do not even know a liberal, though, that it for Obama and the government now. Seems both democrats and republicans are uniting.

When we get past the fear from the robots who are sent to stir up trouble we will begin to make progress. Keep in mind there are a lot of fear puppets out there. People afraid to give up their money, and lives for their children and their childrens children. Cowards if you ask me, and cowards always find interesting ways to destroy themselves.

I know if you stand against me, you will find hardship and struggle until you find the truth. Seek Christ and unite as one if you want this world to change. Like arse says stop watching the dumb box and get out there and make a difference.

http://usercontent1.hubimg.com/12416356_f248.jpg

1. profile image0

I don't even know where to start actually .   If there was ever a time that an array of differing ideals and idea's  divided any people in the world , it is right here , right now in America .   Is it too late for the people of two parties  to ever get it together enough to reclaim a country ?     I don't begin to know .

I know what it will take but I don't know if the people can do it !     It WILL take a  major , major grass roots movement to reclaim our congress - they are the crux of the problem . They are making America a hated  country , world wide !  They're only concern is staying elected , staying  just on the barely legal side of   tax revenue thievery !

Congress  has passed enough  self- loaded legal protection over the last fifty or so years to ensure  that the individual tax paying voter has absolutely zilch  for any power to change one thing    Term limits  are an absolute must ! If we are to reclaim ANY sense of control at all we absolutely have to FIRE our  congress  and start over !

If "right and left" leaning Americans could ever get over the ego-centric  moronic  stalemate and simply decide to vote in all new office holders  we would send a message to congress that  couldn't or wouldn't ever be ignored again !    Could it happen  ? I doubt it !    The elitist intellectual mentality of partisan politics runs too deep in our blood .   More  than likely the  once great  America is simply on it's way down the drain .   

In my humble opinion ,   American's are simply too involved in pro- football , Nas-Car , Saturday's at the mall ,  even our youth , although never more highly educated ,  are so self absorbed  in the Phrat- party mentality ,  over -breeding and under-reading  that it may very well , never happen .  Our elders have  given up hope  because no one values their opinions anymore .  Sorry to be the bearer  of bad news ,I'm  simply being a realist .

2. profile image0

Deleted

EXACTLY !!!

And yet you contradict. IRONY ANYONE !!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
          Necessary
          HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
          LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
          Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
          AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
          HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
          Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
          CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
          Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
          Features
          Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
          Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
          Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
          PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
          MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
          Marketing
          Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
          Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
          Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
          Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
          Statistics
          Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
          ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
          Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
          ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)