jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

How long will US Americans sit back and watch ?

1. ahorseback profile image81
    ahorsebackposted 2 years ago

As  the  public and private behaviors of our culture  , or society deteriorate ?    I spend too much time here in forums , my fault , and am attuned to many of the social -political issues of America today .   Just like many of you , I consider myself a conscientious , decent , moral , ethical  American .    And yet , I  can often  relate ,symbolically , many of our  personal , social , political ills  to  our "city driving habits "..........I know , kind of a weird way of associating but hey , take a look .

Almost every [ poor ] driving habit is directly  related to our social ,our public  behavior ,   Is it simply selfishness that directs just  How we act in traffic ?    You know what I mean too ,   you've all shaken your collective heads at the fools on the highway , the cell phone queen who drives through the red light in front of you ,   the old man that Never looks in his rear view on that narrow winding road that  drives fifteen miles Under the speed limit ,    the teenager with a new car and license to drive that you just know is going to be the next highway statistic .  It seems to me that we CAN directly relate our social ill's o our driving habits !

Is it just me or have we over- populated , ever- expanded  ,  over used , and over consumed our way right into  a permanent moral , ethical , behavioral  decline that we can never return from in America ?

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image82
      Kathryn L Hillposted 2 years agoin reply to this

(< "...I spend too much time here in forums , my fault ," >
      I notice your paragraphs/posts ARE getting longer and longer.)

What you have posted sounds like California.

ahorsebackposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yur right Katrynn ! OMG,   should I quit !

NO!

ahorsebackposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Okay , so from now on I'm blaming you for my forum addixtions LOL !

Well, I am not paying you … But, I do appreciate your point of view, which I also think the "world" needs to contemplate ...

working