Why does it seem President Obama doesn't respect the American ........

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (15 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 8 years ago

sense of collective  patriotism ............  ?   

Do you think he has a lack of commitment to  love of  God and country ?

Is his desire to promote and assist Islam  too strong for Americans?

Do you believe that he is a patriotic leader , person ?

Have you ever heard him praise America's  military ?

1. GA Anderson profile image89
      GA Andersonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

No, No, (a second no to your inference that he is promoting Islam), Yes, Yes

GA

2. Quilligrapher profile image73
      Quilligrapherposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Howdy, Ahorseback.

You asked the question, "Have you ever heard him praise America's  military ?"

I have many times. I gather you just have not been listening.

Remarks by President Barack Obama from the State of the Union Address delivered to Congress on January 24, 2012:

“Last month, I went to Andrews Air Force Base and welcomed home some of our last troops to serve in Iraq.  Together, we offered a final, proud salute to the colors under which more than a million of our fellow citizens fought -- and several thousand gave their lives.

We gather tonight knowing that this generation of heroes has made the United States safer and more respected around the world...

[Their] achievements are a testament to the courage, selflessness and teamwork of America’s Armed Forces.  At a time when too many of our institutions have let us down, they exceed all expectations.  They’re not consumed with personal ambition.  They don’t obsess over their differences.  They focus on the mission at hand.  They work together.

Imagine what we could accomplish if we followed their example...

Above all, our freedom endures because of the men and women in uniform who defend it.  (Applause.)  As they come home, we must serve them as well as they’ve served us.  That includes giving them the care and the benefits they have earned –- which is why we’ve increased annual VA spending every year I’ve been President.  (Applause.)  And it means enlisting our veterans in the work of rebuilding our nation...

Those of us who’ve been sent here to serve can learn a thing or two from the service of our troops.  When you put on that uniform, it doesn’t matter if you’re black or white; Asian, Latino, Native American; conservative, liberal; rich, poor; gay, straight.  When you’re marching into battle, you look out for the person next to you, or the mission fails.  When you’re in the thick of the fight, you rise or fall as one unit, serving one nation, leaving no one behind.

One of my proudest possessions is the flag that the SEAL Team took with them on the mission to get bin Laden.  On it are each of their names.  Some may be Democrats.  Some may be Republicans.  But that doesn’t matter.  Just like it didn’t matter that day in the Situation Room, when I sat next to Bob Gates -- a man who was George Bush’s defense secretary -- and Hillary Clinton -- a woman who ran against me for president.

All that mattered that day was the mission.  No one thought about politics.  No one thought about themselves.  One of the young men involved in the raid later told me that he didn’t deserve credit for the mission.  It only succeeded, he said, because every single member of that unit did their job -- the pilot who landed the helicopter that spun out of control; the translator who kept others from entering the compound; the troops who separated the women and children from the fight; the SEALs who charged up the stairs.  More than that, the mission only succeeded because every member of that unit trusted each other -- because you can’t charge up those stairs, into darkness and danger, unless you know that there’s somebody behind you, watching your back.

So it is with America.  Each time I look at that flag, I’m reminded that our destiny is stitched together like those 50 stars and those 13 stripes.  No one built this country on their own.  This nation is great because we built it together.  This nation is great because we worked as a team.  This nation is great because we get each other’s backs.  And if we hold fast to that truth, in this moment of trial, there is no challenge too great; no mission too hard.  As long as we are joined in common purpose, as long as we maintain our common resolve, our journey moves forward, and our future is hopeful, and the state of our Union will always be strong.

Thank you, God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.  (Applause.)"

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-of … on-address
      http://s2.hubimg.com/u/6919429.jpg

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Quilligrapher ,   Listening? , Perhaps HIS  media should be listening ,  They are far more apt to  lean his comments and actions against his  patriotism for his extensive favorable  world views .   Obama certainly doesn't project much patriotism .

3. Credence2 profile image78
      Credence2posted 8 years agoin reply to this

From where do you get all this rubbish, Ahorseback?

I don't see him as any less patriotic than previous Presidents, maybe it is just because he is black guy with a funny name from a state not considered part of the heartland......

1. profile image0

Always the race card  .......Always

1. Credence2 profile image78

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?"

Sherlock Holmes

This is the guy that removed bin Ladin after years of bumbling and excuses from the previous adminstration. I will take good judgement and results over swagger and excuses, any time

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 8 years agoin reply to this

LOL  Yes, Obama gave permission to the people and groups that were already set up and working to take out Bin Ladin.

Funny how that is, if there is a deficit in the Armed Forces or a fault in their activity or what it is they fail to do, the responsibilty falls on the President, Commander and Chief.  But when a military objective is attained to, now Obama was just 'standing by' and does not deserve any note or credit.

That double standard always seem to apply to Obama only it is deplorable from my point of view.

4. rhamson profile image71
      rhamsonposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I don't think it is that he disrespects the American as much as he dismisses blind patriotism. Just because he does not get caught up in the innuendo that zealous patriotic reactionaries do, does not mean he is any less patriotic or on Americas side. I disagree with some things he has done but that is mostly with his dedication to helping corporate America hold control over the rest of us.

5. colorfulone profile image79
      colorfuloneposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Is his desire to promote and assist Islam too strong for Americans?"

Does Obama acting as the president have too much power to remain sane? 

FEDERAL COPS REJECT OBAMA REFUGEE PLAN
      http://www.wnd.com/2015/11/federal-cops … fubUJ92.99

The United States of American could spend a great deal of money to fix the VA, improve the health care,   food stamps, and  housing for homeless Veterans. Like it does for un-vetted refugees.

I don't hear any talk about allocations from State to VA.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 8 years ago

What Obama promotes, when he personally promotes a religion at all, is Christianity.  Slightly too much IMHO.  It is fine for the President to be Christian but public addresses by the President to the people should not be talking about God and prayers in my opinion.

1. profile image0

The leaders of America's past have generally always promoted their , our  Christianity , Why ? Because that is the majority of America's religious beliefs .   If the left can want the P.C.  issues of All inclusiveness in faiths , certainly  Christianity can be  not only included but addressed publically  .

Another fallacy, your faith as an individual, be you a President or dog catcher is not based on what it is others have. This is not an exercise in 'group think'.

1. profile image0

You disagree that America is roughly seventy percent Christian based ?   Check your facts . That basis means to me that our elected representation should and mostly does naturally reflect that .

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)