If you watched some of both the Democratic and Republican conventions, what were the differences you noticed?
I watched most of both conventions. Just off the top of my head, these are my quick observations.
1) The RNC convention was rough around the edges, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It gave it a raw, natural feel that probably appeals to many people. The DNC was, in contrast, impeccably organized and well orchestrated which could be considered good, but could also be considered just more of the same establishment bull wrapped up in a pretty bow.
2) The DNC convention was way more diverse, both in delegate makeup and in speakers.
3) Neither convention spent a lot of time on policy specifics. Instead
3) The tone of the RNC convention was angry, fearful, and hateful. I realize this is my impression and others might not agree with it. The RNC speeches contained a lot of talk about moving American "back" to what it was, and fear of the "others." Also "Hillary Bad." The tone of the DNC convention was hopeful, happy, uplifting and bright, peppered with some "Donald Bad." Again, my impression. The DNC speeches contained a lot of talk about moving forward and including everyone in the process.
4) Both conventions had their controversy. Ted Cruz, chants of "lock her up" for the RNC. The DNC had the email scandal and booing Bernie supporters.
5) The RNC didn't have many big name speakers. Scott Baio? I guess the primary Republican demographic, old white people, know who he is. The DNC had some big guns: Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren, Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, Michelle Obama, to name a few.
6) Biggest takeaway for me: Donald painted a bleak, horrific picture of the U.S., then claimed that "he alone" can save us from the horrible state we are in. The Democrats painted a picture of a great nation, the greatest nation on earth, that still has work to. The message I got was that it takes all of us to worth together to create change and "form a more perfect union."
There is more, but those are my main thoughts on both conventions.
You so quickly and always justify whatever the DNC does , yet Hillary is slipping and will continue to do so in the polls ! How can you justify the treasonous tenure of a crook ? Her trust polls are horrendous , her likeability is tanked .
I know I should understand though , you were a Government employee weren't you ? After all , all employee's of and especially unions of one or another, have to drink the cool-aid ! My wife is a Post -master in the USPS , she went through the same brainwashing . My suggestion to you , as you have said that you are now retired , is to learn to think independently of the commands of the crooked system that you were employed by , you owe it to your tax payer earned retirement package !
You know, I'm really growing weary of your one-track mind.
But, just to humor you, please provide a link to where I "justified" anything that went on at the DNC. You might want to look up the definition because I'm not sure you understand the meaning of the word.
If you want to keep harassing me about once being employed by the government, then you better be consistent and harass police officers and members of the military, not to mention former veterans who are now paid by the VA to be doctors, therapists, and mentors to our veterans with physical and mental injuries. After all, if I was brainwashed, then so were they. Your statements on these forums are some of the most ridiculous things I've ever read, and make me shudder at the shallow reasoning that exists among American voters but, then, I have to check myself and remember that everyone, no matter how ill informed and partisan, has a right to their opinion and a right to vote their conscience.
Yeah, I know, horse, "liberals bad." I'll check back for you to show me specifically where I "justified" anything at the DNC.
I shouldn't diss you I know , but die hard liberal cool aid drinkers ignite my sense of righteousness .
My advice to all extreme liberals , really , it's not so difficult to learn to think for yourself ! You will actually enjoy the practice.
First, if you even paid attention to what I post on the forums, you might notice I am not extreme.
Second, I think for myself all the time. You just don't notice because you're too busy categorizing me and anyone who disagrees with you into your ugly little box.
Last, please point to anything I have said that is extreme. I have noticed that whenever I ask you to provide examples to back up your statements, you don't provide them. Why is that? It should be easy. Your opinion of me is so adamantly strong, you must have TONS of examples to support it.
No answer, as usual. I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. Sincerely. If we're doing this and hating it, then we're really screwed up.
I'll bet we could have a lively debate .....;-}
We could, if you had any substance behind your statements. When asked, you don't provide. Therefore, no real debate can be had.
The facts are all over the place P.P. , don't blind yourself to liberal close-mindedness . Do something besides read mother Earth or something ...........:-} I'm not your secretary .
Okay, then you won't mind this:
Ahorseback is just another brainwashed, right-wing nut job who spends his days ogling Gretchen Carlson and longing to kiss Alex Jones' rosy red cheeks while collecting SSI due to his mental disability caused by exposure to lead paint in the dilapidated house he inherited from his grandma after he poisoned her food and stole her SS checks.
Don't ask me to back that up. I'm not your secretary.
Edited to add: This is a joke. I do not believe this. It is just to prove a point.
You see ," There you go again ". But I do realize that is your opinion of all conservatives .
That must truly be one interesting dinner table conversation !
I now because we here have the same differences !
He doesn't demonize liberals and put me in a box A big difference between him and you.
No ,........ like myself , he has patiently awaited the true awakening of his beautiful and loving wife to truth , honesty and a fair and balanced evolution in political views ,............:-}
by Grace Marguerite Williams 2 years ago
What are differences between EVIL &.........DEMONIC?
by Demas W Jasper 5 years ago
Will you be watching the Republican Convention August 27-30 AND the Democrat Convention Sept. 3rd?
by ngureco 7 years ago
What’s The Differences Between A Water Well And A Water Borehole?
by maricel piñero 8 years ago
what are the differences between japanese and filipino culture?
by romper20 8 years ago
Teach me about the differences between astronomy, and astrology.Teach me about the differences between astronomy, and astrology.
by quatrain 5 years ago
Barack Obama plans to send Joe Biden to Tampa on Monday to crash the Republican Convention. In doing so, he will make history once again, for he will be the first President of either party to directly try to interfere with the other party's nominating process.Listen, politics is dirty, but...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|