jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (21 posts)

Fake News Is The Equivelant in Importance as No News .

1. ahorseback profile image47
    ahorsebackposted 6 months ago

Personally , I can see  No news   as compared to constant propaganda  of the Left-stream news media .   I listened to even Fox News this morning  defending  a free media and am somewhat sickened .  The left is maneuvering  further  and further left .Why have any white house press core-[corp.]   at all if it continues down the path of  mainstreaming propaganda that it has for a decade.?     
    The first amendment bears no meaning at all to todays "reality" of news media.

I will take None over Fake !

1. Credence2 profile image87
      Credence2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Trying to be clever, Horsey? Grooming us all  for the censorship that is part and parcel of the Trump Regime? You will eventually devolve to the point that ANY negative press directed at the Chosen One is the equivalent of sedition, and heresy. You conservatives wouldn't know the true principles of Democratic government if you had a elephant fall upon you.

This tack will get Trump and his supporters no where and will only serve to 'turn up the volume' for the left, its dissent and protests.

1. promisem profile image95
        promisemposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I'm actually starting to like these kinds of posts because they are a chance to have serious debates about how "the media" really works.

ahorsebackposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Something from the past ,  We used to use news papers for packing ,   painting drop cloths ,soaking up  spills  etc. Too bad we can't do that with todays fake news .

The most informed people I have ever met used them for a higher purpose.

What do you do for a living? I would love a chance to post hundreds of comments insulting your entire profession and everyone in it. Then we will be on the same level.

2. Credence2 profile image87
          Credence2posted 6 months ago in reply to this

Any discussions about the virtues of censorship is a one that I am anxious to participate in.

2. ahorseback profile image47

And yet , CNN  , New York times  bias is out of the white house , That's a start ,........
        My point None is better than  fake , try to fathom !

Yes, the more attacks on democracy and the Constitution, the better.

2. GA Anderson profile image83
          GA Andersonposted 6 months ago in reply to this

Why would you ask folks to "try to fathom" when you have already declared they are too "shallow" to make such efforts? Are you implying pigs really can fly?

GA

G.A, even liberals  have the ability to improve their  ability to learn.   In spite of their record of voting ,  etc............

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 months ago

It beats me how you know Trump is telling the truth and everyone else is lying, if you can't trust any news media anywhere.

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 months ago in reply to this

I think it would be hard to find anyone that thinks Trump is particularly truthful.  They may term it "exaggeration", "hyperbole", "error" or even "style", but a great deal of what he says remains firmly outside the "truth" box.

There is a huge element of fake  from once trusted sources however  , THAT is my point .

No argument from me.  I don't like Trumps "exaggerations", but I like attempts by media to convince that a falsehood is true even less.

Such as? That he bragged on a recording about sexuallly assaulting women? That he mocked a disabled reporter in front of national cameras? That he announced "Barack Obama’s birth certificate is a fraud"?

His public comments aren't lies by "the media".

"His public comments aren't lies by "the media"."

That would be correct.  Is the media to be excused for doing the same thing, then?

No, if it can be proven that they lied. But I would like to see some proof and not just opinions from people with limited understanding about how media really works.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13426726_f1024.jpg

When you and your compatriots learn to stop seeing only the entitlements alone in politics , you too will evolve in your ability to differentiate truth from B.S........
                  Look to the truth .

Its not hard when you have had a life time in experience of real media  use and see  the changes so obvious of later years  , perhaps you're young enough only have  known the bias .

I bet I have spent hundreds of more hours than you in debates about bias and how to keep it out of news reports.

And more than half the time I was on the conservative side of the issue.

working