For Liberals Comparing Trump to Hitler ?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (34 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

How shallow and immature a political ideology  can truly be ,  We have definitely reached a point in history where a vast majority seem to HAVE forgotten something for sure .     
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13456927.jpg

There is a huge element of liberal- hate mongers  in America that  have either truly" forgotten " Or ,they never really learned the important lessons of humanity from their beginning .    Which I  believe in the second .   Adolf Hitler saw to the destruction of lives , entire families and even cultures .    From nine  to twenty million Jews in western Europe alone  ,   then in eastern Europe he was directly or indirectly , however one  judges , responsible for approximately another twenty one to twenty five million eastern Europeans and Russians .

Many  here would probably love to debate with a liberals here the realistic  justification of comparing Pres. Trump to Adolf Hitler , any takers ?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13456951.png

1. Don W profile image84
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'd like a sensible and serious discussion about the comparison (although I think it should be between Bannon and Hitler, as Bannon is providing the strategy and political philosophy behind what Trump is doing) but based on your comments around the forum, it's my opinion that you are not capable of having a sensible and serious discussion on anything related to Donald Trump. In fact, I think it would be reasonable to describe you as a zealot in relation to Trump.

I notice some of your zealous colleagues have already made an appearance, quoting a comparison between Roe Vs. Wade and the holocaust no less. That's the level of discussion I expected, and is the reason I won't be taking you up on your offer (good luck to anyone who steps unto the breach).

The reason I'm going out of my way to tell you this, rather than simply not responding, is because I want you to know that the zealotry and unreasonable nature of some of your comments is (at least in my case) a barrier to discussion. My ultimate hope is that this will influence you in some way, maybe encourage you to try a different approach. I suspect it won't, but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I think that there could be just as serious a conversation about the comparison between Trump and Ghandi, or Trump and Einstein, as between Trump and Hitler.  It would absolutely take zealots (on both sides of the discussion) for any of them.

But on an aside, I would have to say that there is more to compare in Roe V Wade and the holocaust than any of them.  At least the central event was death - none of the others have any useful comparisons to be made (that they were all male is not particularly useful, for instance).

2. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You're right ,  you won't  and  the left wont   discuss this ,   But not for the reasons you stated but because there is no defending that ideology and it's comparisons and you know that too ,    " I'd like a sensible and serious   discussion ............."   .........".Bannon and Hitler "....... then   ?  But you think he too is comparable  ?     I know one thing most of the zealotry  is from your corner , sir . of course , with all due respect .

3. GA Anderson profile image84
        GA Andersonposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hello Don, I won't reply with such an obvious response, (relative to your choice as noted by "at least in my case"), as to step into the choir box, but I will offer another perspective that may explain the responses of some - and that would be of anticipated opportunities.

GA

2. Marisa Wright profile image84
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years agoin reply to this

NO ONE is comparing Trump to Hitler's later years. 

They are comparing Trump's rise to power, and the actions he's taking in the EARLY part of his presidency, to Hitler's rise to power and the actions he took in the early part of his presidency.

Hitler was elected on a wave of popularism and was regarded by the elite as a buffoon.  Then he used the mechanisms of democracy to remove opposition and discredit any newspapers that dared to disagree with him. He also filled the news with lies and misinformation, until no one could work out what was true any more.

Now, you can just close your ears and pretend these comparisons don't exist.  Or you can actually read some of these articles and provide a reasoned argument as to why they're wrong.   I can guess which one you'll do.

https://www.indy100.com/article/kirk-do … er-7466021

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/expert- … a-tactics/

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/comparing … qello.html

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Well said. The political tactics are somewhat similar -- nationalism, protectionism, rising hate crimes, fear mongering about external enemies (and internal ones, i.e., immigrants) who threaten the country.

It's interesting to watch Hitler speeches and Trump speeches. Trump often uses the same hand gesture in a sweeping up and down motion. It's very effective. Maybe just a coincidence ...

1. profile image0

Perhaps he should rattle on like the more intellectually articulated Pres. Obama  ?  Who in fact spoke most eloquently and  accomplished little except the negative .    All the while  igniting fires all across the plains of renewed  racism ,  expounding upon welfare roles , of elitist  expansionism of central government ,  of  a sophomoric foreign policy .etc. .....?

2. profile image0

".........interesting to watch the Hitler the Trump  like speeches  ..........." - And yea , to see the little brown shirted activist college morons turning over police cruisers and  destroying storefronts along the main streets of Germany .......Uhhh , I mean America ........Oh  , That was the Obama - Hilary people !

2. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

"Roe vs. Wade and subsequent court opinions that opened the door to the slaughter of tens of millions of innocent children in America are all premised solely on the unreasonable, illogical, immoral dehumanization of the child. So how has the "pro-life movement" responded for more than four decades to this mindless, heartless travesty? By abandoning "you shall not murder," and the natural fact of the personhood of the child, and the natural law moral principles of the Declaration of Independence, and the stated purposes of the U.S. Constitution, all of them, and the explicit, imperative requirement of that Constitution that all persons must be provided equal protection for their supreme right, the right to live, and the obligations of the sacred oath of office to support and defend the Constitution. Instead, as a poor substitute, they promote lawless statutes that grant permission to kill babies, all of the babies, as long as those little helpless persons are murdered on schedule, and by some arbitrary set of man-made rules. And then they wonder why they continue to get nowhere, and why this holocaust continues unabated? They don't even understand the first things about the very subject of which they are supposed to be the "experts," it seems obvious to me. They've surrendered the only moral, constitutional and legal arguments against the practice of murdering children. Which means they are casualties, and therefore off the real battlefield."
    -- Tom Hoefling, March 21, 2015

1. Live to Learn profile image60
      Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wow. Wow again. What a bunch of tripe.

3. Marisa Wright profile image84
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago

Ahorseback just proved me right.

1. profile image0

And in your "Proof "  ?   would one not then consider  Obama's rise to power Hitler like ?
      - beginning a movement by flaming the fires of racism
      - a youthful following bordering on fanaticism
      - isolating and silencing  the opposition voices by false accusations
      - owning the honesty and integrity of the media by political correctness
      - directly affecting the entire  justice system by ideological  agenda
      - Increasing the use of drones like  Hitler did " buzz bombs" 

For all the intellectual elitism of the left there sure seems  to be  many who  seem naïve in their  recognition  of political fanaticism  .
      Marisa , perhaps you proved my point ?

The left are simply victims of their environment and being tired of thinking up valid arguments. Godwin's law applies to those who feel the need to criticize but don't feel their arguments are effective, alone. Nothing is more of an insult than being compared to Hitler, or a Nazi. It's a cheap and easy shot.

Trump is a buffoon, a liar and a guy who believes he can manipulate the masses. He doesn't appear to be bright enough to understand what really got him elected. Pandering to the religious right and allowing the appearance of corporate control of our Executive branch is going to slowly get him out of the good graces of the people who are truly responsible for giving him a shot.

1. profile image0

Goodwin's law can work on both ideologies , understood .   But  Trumps intelligence ?  .........  Try to explain to us all , if you will  , how his lack of intelligence walked him through eighteen other sturdy candidates ,   a  world famous  and entirely popular opposition party lead by the entire  Obama - Clinton administrations past and present and  a totally biased media adorned with  all of it's  Disney attributes ?
          And , How he continues to play them all .... like a fine violin ?

We could certainly debate the claim that he is playing them all like a fine violin but his rise is directly attributable to the disgust most of us have with politics as usual. He wasn't elected by the rabble-rousers the media attempted to show, to the exclusion of all. He wasn't elected by his pandering to the religious right. He was elected because many, many people who are not party faithful chose him; in order to see if anything could be done to clean up Washington.

Mark my words. That is his mandate. If he doesn't show some results soon...if the appearances we are dealing with (which seem to point to corporate interests taking precedent over our interests) turn out to be fact there will be more hell to pay than Washington may be ready for.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

One problem that I see (and predict) is that any action that benefits business (and jobs, workers or even prices) will immediately be jumped on and presented as in only corporate interests.  The assumption is that anything that is good for American or it's people is automatically bad for business interests, but that is patently false.  Just as it is false that anything that benefits the rich is automatically bad for the poorer, regardless of what it does for them.

For example, suppose that some form of protectionism is implemented.  Factories return to the country, along with jobs, but prices inevitably rise as a result.  The resultant scream will be that profits went up (because companies now pay higher labor costs for the same product and must charge more for that product) so it was only for their benefit.  The reality is probably that profits fell, but that isn't what we will hear, and that large numbers of jobs are newly available, causing those higher prices, will never be mentioned.

1. profile image0

Agreed !

1. colorfulone profile image78
                  colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's pretty good what Wilderness said.  Rings some bells. 

Now that, the embodiment of Hitler is dead, David Rockefeller (in hell), I think things are going to heat up much faster. 

"We are grateful to the Washington Post, The New York Times, Time Magazine and other publications whose directors have attended our meetings and respected their promises of discretion for almost forty years. It would have been impossible for us to develop our plan for the world if we had been subject to the bright lights of publicity during those years. But the world is now more sophisticated and prepared to march toward a world government. . . .  The supranational sovereignty of an intellectual elite and world bankers is surely preferable to the national auto-determination practiced in past centuries."

~ Rockefeller 1991 Builderberg group meeting in Baden, Germany

Added: Reading D.R.'s speeches... 

People who believe the media and the press .... well, its tough. 
                  I believe in Trump! 
                  Nationalism not Globalism is Our Credo!

ADDED:  Bill Clinton was at that Builderberg meeting in 1991 and so was Dan Quayle.

2. GA Anderson profile image84

Hell's Bells, Live to Learn, that was well said. I have been trying to make the same point, but I think you put it more concisely than I ever did.

GA

3. profile image0

Well , lets say he PLAYED them all and US too  like the fine violin ,  enough said about his or our intelligence levels ,  I agree though , IF he falls short of his promises and he has a long way to go - then we  all lose .    You have to admit one thing  , he is fighting against the strongest tide any president has had to fight in some time .

2. Marisa Wright profile image84

You've summed it up pretty well, Live to Learn.

1. profile image0

Where Is the voice of the right ? Its not enough to vote for a new captain of the ship if the ship is freakin ' sinking ! The right in America keeps letting the pendulum swing further and further left every time the bell tolls .      You've swallowed  Obama Care , you've paid  higher taxes ,   you've  allowed Congress and senate to  call in sick for years ,   they who lead you don't even "punch in " any more .     The media and free speech is sucking up swamp water like the very divisive government that they support .

I would like to see those on the right fight back for once and at the same  time  know what will come of it !   "From time to time the tree of liberty must be  refreshed by the blood of patriots "   , Maybe ,   Its time for the right to fight back .

1. GA Anderson profile image84

Holy cow ahroseback!. There must be a blue moon tonight.

Except for the last paragraph of your comment, this is the first time I can completely agree with your perspective.

"Its not enough to vote for a new captain of the ship if the ship is freakin ' sinking ! "

That was well-put.

GA.

4. Yassine Ibrahim profile image59
    Yassine Ibrahimposted 7 years ago

It's a big problem.

5. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

It was Pedesta who hid 75,000 shares of stock from a Kremlin backed company.  Pedesta is a former Obama aid, and he was Hillary's campaign manager, but, but, but...let's pretend Trump has ties.

It was Hillary Clinton who sold off 1/5th of our uranium to a Russian company, but, but, but...let's make wild accusations that Trump has ties to Putin and over look that.

Let's not forget the speech Bill Clinton gave and was paid 100's of thousand for by Russia.

Obama wanted to reset relations with Russia, but Hillary...

No double standards there?

1. profile image0

EXACTLY ,  ........Spin and deny , spin and deny , spin and deny  spin and deny .

Anybody starting the see the agenda and  pattern of leftist political  operatives ?  Repeat the lies - It becomes the mainstream of  leftstream media background  noise.

6. profile image51
    MariRogersposted 7 years ago

I agree that Prez Trump has far to go before being in competition with the likes of Hitler and Stalin.
    But what makes so many people nervous about Trump are 2 traits: his admiration of no-holds-barred authoritarianism and his willingness and ability to use shameless truth manipulation to get his way.
    We can't count on anything the guy says!

7. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
    Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years ago

"Where Is the voice of the right ? ...  , Maybe ,   Its time for the right to fight back ."

The good Right needs to fight the bad Right.
    … perhaps its the same for the left.

The good Left and the good Right both need to rise and conquer a very destructive trend which has taken hold of politicians and overly gullible members of the populace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OsWWEgWwoc

8. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

It is more than clear ;
    If democrats were to face reality and stop lying basically about everything , All that they've  accomplished is to micro- pick a new target every week since long before Trump took office . One of his  accomplishments , one of his cabinet nominations for office , one of his  speeches  , one of the current news announcements, the supreme court nomination , one of his family members , a war of attrition against Trump IS NOT a compromise on anything , they do the same with congress and the house , Democrats are not interested in any compromise  .

Democrats  lost every phase of government elections  and are still at war,  time for them  to move out of campaign mode , I'd say .

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image77
      Kathryn L Hillposted 7 years agoin reply to this

… or at least step away from their pitchforks and take off their devil horns!

1. profile image0

One thing that somewhat baffles me is this how offended liberals always are at the investigations going on  against them - But never at the  criminal offenses themselves , The entire laundry list of Clinton offenses for one ,    or for the I.R.S. targeting , or the criminal offenses of illegal aliens , or at the ideological infiltration of DOJ  and loss of neutrality in the federal courts .

Hypocrisy ?

1. Marisa Wright profile image84

and this is relevant to your original post in what sense?

2. colorfulone profile image78
        colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That would take an act of God!  It could happen.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)