Under oath, Mr. Clapped had a hard time getting it out, but Obama's former Director of National Intelligence was forced to admit that he spied on The Trump Campaign?
* https://twitter.com/MikePenceVP/status/ … 82/video/1
Good for Clapper for telling the truth.
Now, where is Susan Rice?
"Former DNI Clapper tells Senate subcommittee that 1,934 Americans’ names were “unmasked” in 2016"
* https://twitter.com/greta/status/861716 … 95/photo/1
Hey, where's that ray of sunshine we have all come to know? Yes, I won't be the last time this kind of thing happens. Life goes on!
LOL. He did NOT admit he spied on the Trump campaign. The question was, did he request an "unmasking" of a person (including members of Congress).
He replied, "Yes, in one case I did".
For anyone who cares about the truth, unmasking takes place when intelligence agencies uncover a person of national security concern who was not being directly investigated (like Michael Flynn). They report the identity of that individual to senior intelligence agency officials on request.
About 20 officials at the National Security Agency have the authority to approve an unmasking.
"Did you ever request the UNMASKING of Trump, his associates, or members of Congress Mr. Clapper?" - Chuck Grassley asked the former director of National Intelligence.
After a LONG delay..
"Yes, in one case I did. I cannot discuss any further than that." - James Clapper
A fraction of a truth, but a truth none the less.
Sally Yates admitted to Senator Cornyn that the Office of Legal Counsel reviewed Trump’s immigration EO and found it to be completely legal. Yet she had the audacity to overrule the Office of Legal Counsel and deem it unconstitutional.
She did what a few of the federal courts did that overruled it. She looked outside the language and detail of the actual order itself to Trump’s campaign statements in 2016 to deem it unconstitutional, which is only something a liberal hack would do.
Obama Lackey Sally Yates Admits She Overruled LEGAL Trump Executive Order
Stop promoting fake news.
Chuck Grassley's asked: "Did either of you request the unmasking of Mr. Trump, his associates, or any member of Congress?"
Mr. Clapper's replied: "Yes, in one case I did, that I specifically recall, but I but I can't discuss it any further than that".
Grassley's followed up with: "So if I ask you for details, you can't discuss that. Is that what you said?"
Clapper said: "Not here".
And Ms. Yates's reply to the question was "no"(1).
1. Please explain how you know, from that exchange, who Mr. Clapper requested to be unmasked.
2. A note about "unmasking": "When U.S. spy agencies eavesdrop on terrorists or foreign agents, they often come across information about U.S. citizens who are not the target of their investigation. This "incidental collection" is not illegal or improper, but specially trained intelligence officers are required to go through an established procedure to protect the privacy of U.S. persons, known as "minimization""(2).
They can (and will) retain information about US citizens if: a) "the identity of the United States person is necessary to understand foreign intelligence information or assess its importance, e.g., the identity of a senior official in the executive branch." b) "The intelligence indicates that the U.S. person may be "an agent of a foreign power.""
If you want to know the exact procedure the NSA/ FBI have to follow in relation to information about US citizens you can find an approved, declassified version of that procedure here: https://www.dni.gov/files/documents/201 … dacted.pdf
3. We know that reports, based on anonymous sources, have said a Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court warrant was obtained by the FBI to monitor the communications of Trump's foreign policy advisor, Carter Page, as part of an official FBI counterintelligence investigation into links between the Trump campaign and Russian intelligence(3).
That is not unlawful. In fact it shows the FBI is doing it's damned job!
It is fully within the purview of the FBI to investigate US citizens suspected of being agents for a foreign state, and US government officials compromised by foreign states. Page and Flynn both fit those categories (it remains to be seen whether Trump does too).
So please stop pretending that the 18 second clip you posted indicates anything important. It doesn't.
And please stop pretending the FBI has done something wrong. It hasn't, and you should be grateful for their efforts. It is only because of those efforts that we know Trump's National Security Advisor, Michael Flynn, was compromised by the Russians. That could have been catastrophic for the country.
My questions about this are:
1) In her testimony to the Senate subcommittee, Sally Yates confirmed that informed the White House that the National Security Advisor was compromised by the Russians 24 days prior to Flynn resigning(4). Why did it take so long for Trump to fire Michael Flynn?
2) Did Trump know Flynn was compromised by the Russians before the Assistant Attorney General informed the White House?
3) Was Trump's foreign policy advisor, Carter Page, colluding with Russian officials or Russian intelligence?
4) Were any other Trump campaign staff colluding with Russian officials or Russian intelligence?
5) Did Donald Trump collude with Russian officials or Russian intelligence, or know about any of his advisors or campaign staff colluding with Russian officials or Russian intelligence?
6) Do any of the activities of Trump, his campaign staff and advisors, constitute crimes?
When you have any information about those questions, from reliable sources, let me know.
(2) https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 100026368/
(3) https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na … 8913d831c5
According to Clapper there's still no evidence of Trump collusion with Russia.
Here's the full transcript of the exchange: http://www.hannity.com/articles/hanpr-e … -15813852/
GRAHAM: Without objection. General Clapper, on March 5, 2017, you said the following to a question. Here's the question.
Does intelligence exist that can definitely answer the following question, whether there were improper contacts between the Trump campaign and Russian officials? You said we did not include any evidence in our report.
And I say our, that's the NSA, the FBI, the CIA, with my office, the Director of National Intelligence, that had anything — that had any reflection of collusion between members of the Trump campaign and the Russians. There was no evidence of that included in our report.
Chuck Todd (ph) then asked, I understand that, but does it exist? You say no, not to my knowledge. Is that still accurate?
CLAPPER: It is.
So, then its been a sickening conspiracy theory?
Clapper just can't be totally honest, he said...
“Russia also collected on certain Republican Party affiliated targets, but did not release any Republican related data,” Clapper said. “The intelligence community assessment concluded first that President Putin directed an influence campaign to erode the faith and confidence of the American people in our presidential election process, second that he did so to demean secretary Clinton, and third that he sought to advantage Mr. Trump.”
That is not true! I read the archives.
Watch James Clapper's previous Congressional perjury
by ptosis6 months ago
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu … o-congress18 minutes from now. For those who are interested.FBI Director James Comey and National Security Agency head Adm. Michael Rogers on Monday will...
by Jack Lee37 hours ago
This is a shocking relvelation, if true, undermines our whole democratic process...Why is this not headline news?
by G. Diane Nelson Trotter32 hours ago
It looks like WH people are privately speaking about their past reservations about Paul Manafort. Corey Lewnadoski has an axe to grind. Sean Spicer is going to have to testify.It seems Manafort has a...
by ptosis2 months ago
"We are now beyond obstruction of justice."- KaineSen. Lindsey Graham, a South Carolina Republican, said any time you're in a campaign and you get an offer from a foreign government the answer is...
by My Esoteric7 months ago
Donald Trump, as late as January 1, 2017, has refused to acknowledge what most everybody, Democrats and Republicans (less Trump supporters) alike know to be true ... Vladimir Putin is behind the arguably successful...
by Mike Russo7 weeks ago
Isn't it interesting that Trump and his supporters say their is no evidence about collusion with the Russians? Therefore, all of these investigations are "Witch Hunts." However, Mike Pence said...
Copyright © 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.