Obamagate - The Unmasking Of General Flynn

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (266 posts)
  1. Sharlee01 profile image79
    Sharlee01posted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/15014296.jpg
    And now we have Obamagate...

Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell on Wednesday sent top Republican senators a list of former senior Obama administration officials who appear to have been involved in efforts that “unmasked” former national security adviser Michael Flynn — the list included the name of Joe Biden.

It is now being looked at to ascertain if Barack Obama and his top deputies of illegally targeting the Trump campaign and the incoming Trump administration.  In recent days, the president has coined the term “Obamagate” to accuse his predecessor of seeking to undermine him and target his top associates. As of yet this is yet o be proven.

Grenell sent the list of 30 some names, which includes former officials who made “unmasking” requests that might have identified Flynn, to Sens. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) and Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) a day after the lawmakers wrote to Grenell and Attorney General  Barr calling on them to release information about efforts by Obama administration officials to “unmask” U.S. citizens who were subject to government surveillance.

The names on the list include James Clapper, former FBI Director James Comey, and former White House Chief of Staff Denis McDonough. Thirty-nine people in total are listed, ranging from White House officials to diplomats and Treasury Department officials.

The unmasking requests came about due to officials from the Obama administration investigations into the Trump campaign and transition team’s under the suspicions that they felt Trump and his campaign officials had contacts with Russian officials. These concerns that would culminate in a special counsel investigation that has consumed much of Trump's presidency.

Johnson said his committee will start requesting interviews with some of the former officials listed, including Biden himself.

“This campaign to sabotage this administration — it is outrageous what these officials from the Obama administration did to the incoming administration,” Johnson said. “There are so many questions that need to be answered.”

“The officials listed should confirm whether they reviewed this information, why they asked for it and what they did with it, and answer any other questions that have been raised by recent revelations,” the senators said in a statement. “We are making this public because the American people have a right to know what happened.”

Where do you think Obamagate will lead us? Do you think the matter of unmasking Gen. Flynn will lead to a special council  investigation?

1. profile image0
      PrettyPantherposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"There is nothing illegal about unmasking and the declassified document states that proper procedures were followed. While Trump casts unmasking as sinister, his administration has used the process more frequently than Obama’s."

What does unmasking someone in an Intel report mean?

Still waiting for Trump to show us the crime that he said is "the biggest political crime in American history, by far."

Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree I have not heard ft this all points to any real crimes. I will say the Dem's pulled out all stops trying to get rid of Trump.

1. profile image0

They should use all legal methods to rid our country of the dangerous, mentally ill, lying, incompetent sleaze we call "president."

I have differing views in regard to keeping Trump in office. I also have strong feelings about Obama's time in office, it certainly does not involve saying much more than I feel he was ill-fit to do the job he was elected to do. He seemed to be a nice and well-spoken but had little ability to Govern.

1. profile image0

big_smile

And Trump walks with Jesus:..

Not sure about that, but he keeps most of his promises. I have seen none in my life that can come ever close to his job performance. ( So, one could say the country has been blessed. -- making a funny)

1. Ewent profile image68
                  Ewentposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Trump only built that wall because Sam Nunberg, a rabid right wing ideologue suggested he use it for his campaign in the states that are most bigoted like Iowa, Kansas and Oklahoma.

What I find amusing is that these are the states that rely most heavily on immigrants to produce their crops. If you were to fly over these rural farm states, you'd see no white landowners out there in the hot sun picking their own crops. So while they are bigoted toward immigrants, they have no problem paying them cheap labor wages.

2. Ewent profile image68

61 miles of a 2500 mile long wall is keeping a promise? Is a bromance with Kim Jung Un that was supposed to stop North Korea's buildup of nukes keeping a promise now that Trump's own Intel has photos of the newest round of North Korean nukes?

Obamacare is still law in the US. Is that keeping a promise made in the first 2016 rally to "get rid of Obamacare" ?

Is creating more jobs "than any other previous administration" keeping a promise now that over 2 million Americans are collecting unemployment in a record number that has broken with that of the Great Depression?

2. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
                Tim Truzy info4uposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Don't forget: DJT is the Savior of Israel. Tell him the position is taken, somebody - by the guy he claims to walk with.

2. Ewent profile image68

Because I live in NJ and have been inundated my entire life by NY papers reporting on the Trump family's every move, I have to admit I do not understand the mindset of anyone who would allow someone who has been charged with money laundering to be in the White House.

If we are lowering our standards for presidential candidates to a man who has had over 4400 lawsuits, has partied with a sex trafficker he called "a good friend" and has made personal business deals in violation of the emoluments clause, why not just allow someone like Whitey Bulger to be president?

I hold my country in far higher esteem because I do not live in a dictatorship on my tax dollars.

I agree with you that Trump is pure sleaze. But then, I have had the misfortune of reading and seeing photos of him in his sleaziest moments on the front pages of the NY Daily News and NY Post.

3. Ken Burgess profile image77
            Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

And replace him with a mentally ill, lying, incompetent sleaze that is of the Democratic party instead.

So many millions of people willing to accept someone like Biden as the alternative to the person they despise... even though he is exactly all the things they accuse Trump of being.

Americans get the leadership they deserve and the government they have earned.

“For in a democracy, every citizen, regardless of his interest in politics, ‘hold office’; everyone of us is in a position of responsibility; and, in the final analysis, the kind of government we get depends upon how we fulfill those responsibilities. We, the people, are the boss, and we will get the kind of political leadership, be it good or bad, that we demand and deserve.” ~ John Kennedy

2. Ewent profile image68

It is not about getting rid of Trump. It is about a man who simply lacks the intelligence, reasoning and ability to be a leader of our country.

This is not about politics.It is about right and wrong. Those who support Trump either do not want to know how their tax dollars are being spent or they don't care.

But, if there should be a question about who wants to get rid of whom, why then does Trump go out of his way to refuse to even acknowledge that there is a 2 party system?

He constantly blames Dems and Obama for everything. A man who cannot take blame when he owns it is not a man.

Trump called the epidemic a "Dem hoax." His son Eric claimed last week that the Dems will make the virus disappear after the November election is over.

These are things we heard and saw. Americans who love their country always get rid of someone who tells the press he believes he should "be president for life."

Not sure why it is unreasonable for the president to point out prior mistakes of previous administrations that have hindered the country in some fashion or another. If the allegations were not true this would be a poor practice.

Ewert -- "A man who cannot take blame when he owns it is not a man."

I would say the all-important word in your comment is the word --- blame.
            Trump is not a politician it's clear he does not play by their rules. I would take him a fool to take the "blame" for other's mistakes, just to be politically correct. I would think that indicates a lesser man, a man of weak character.

Ewert --- "These are things we heard and saw. Americans who love their country always get rid of someone who tells the press he believes he should "be president for life."

I watched the interview FOX did with Eric Trump where he made the comment you referred to. One could read his word in many different ways. I took it as if he feels that the Democrats in some states are using the virus as a political ploy to feed their bases. Itis clear many liberals hope to handle the reopening of their states differently then Republican-leaning states. I feel he was saying one way or the other the day after the election, no matter what is going on with the virus they will find little interest in continuing to have their states closed.  So I think he was saying the virus may not disappear, but will not be a political chip by some Dem Governors. 

It will be interesting to see how "American's love their country will or won't get rid of President Trump in Nov.

2. Ewent profile image68

You know how a snowball starts the size of a pea and gets big enough to make a snowman? This is what is about to happen with Trump.

Trump has always believed he is Teflon Don and will never see the inside of a courtroom.

In the last 2 weeks he lost 2 very important cases. The first was in regard to his demand that the emoluments clause of the Constitution be struck down. That was thrown out.

The second had to do with his so called claim of "immunity" with regard to charges against him on a state level. That too was struck down.

So he brought both before his boys on the Supreme Court. I watched the Supreme Court hearing on his right to not have his tax returns released. You can already guess all of the Trump boys on that court were looking for ways to rule in his favor.

But the Governor of NY signed an Executive Order allowing the SDNY to release those documents.

2. PhoenixV profile image63
      PhoenixVposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think it is just a matter of time before Obama, Hillary and MSM are brought to Justice.

3. Ewent profile image68

I am frankly looking forward to the Republican Party putting President Obama on the witness stand. He will make chopped liver of Republicans who are out to smear him and by association, Joe Biden.

Trump is desperate to remain in the White House because he knows the minute he leaves at least 4400 of those cases against him will send him to prison the minute he is no longer "sitting" in the Oval Office.

Trump also is taking a leaf out of Putin's book. 2012, Putin found a petty charge he used to get rid of his strongest presidential opposition, Novalny. Trump thinks if he gets the DOJ to make a phony case against Obama, by association that puts Biden out of the race and there is no need for an election.

As for General Flynn, if anyone has bothered to do their homework on Flynn, they would know on April 30, 2014, Flynn announced his retirement effective later that year, about a year earlier than he had been scheduled to leave his position.

He was reportedly effectively forced out of the DIA after clashing with superiors over his allegedly chaotic management style and vision for the agency. As anyone who is anyone knows, there is no way to clash with military authorities.

So in an act of childish spitefulness, he began to do business in Turkey without bothering to register with the US as  a foreign business agent.

That's illegal. The US must know who is doing business with foreign countries, why and what the precise nature of that business is.

By the time Trump tapped Flynn for his job as National Security Advisor in 2016 during the Trump campaign, Flynn was already doing business without a US registration.

Flynn was a National Security risk because he knew as a member of the military the importance of knowing who is doing business with foreign countries.

The Obama Administration was made aware by Trump that he intended to appoint Flynn as National Security adviser.

The president had every right to unmask Flynn. Here is why: "I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Why didn't Flynn register in 2016? Why did Flynn wait until he had the Trump appointment in 2017 to register?

Flynn also pleaded guilty twice in a US court of law. This is why I just can't wait for Obama to testify to the Republicans in the Senate so hot to protect Trump.

Obama was never after Trump. He warned Trump about Flynn. The truth is that Trump has hated Obama ever since Trump went top Moscow and brokered a deal with Putin to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, a long held Trump dream.

But when Russia invaded Crimea and the UN allies ordered sanctions against Russia for that brazen aggression, Obama also ordered the Russian sanctions which Trump believed caused Trump to lose his Trump Tower in Moscow.

Back in the 1990s, Trump was quoted in NY papers as saying it was his dream to build "Trump Towers in every major city of the world."

4. crankalicious profile image89
      crankaliciousposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Why is President Trump spending his time this way when Hillary Clinton is still not in jail?

I made every attempt to present this thread as non-bias. Just presenting the news report on the unmasking of Flynn. I don't think I presented any false information. I also mentioned Obamagate and that President Trump's accusations in regard to Obama's officials targeting him was not yet proven.

" In recent days, the president has coined the term “Obamagate” to accuse his predecessor of seeking to undermine him and target his top associates. As of yet this is yet to be proven."

Not sure why you have brought Hillary Clinton into this conversation. I would think you are making an attempt to be funny, in light of not wanting to address the subject.

1. crankalicious profile image89

Just wondering why Hillary is not in jail. I'm just sitting back and taking my hydroxychloroquine, knowing I'm going to be fine, at least. Still wondering, we resolved Pizzagate right?

I am wondering the same thing... why Hillary has not been in jail for her many years of  crime. She has a trail of scams that could have landed her in jail. But her husband was one of our presidents, and she got a pass. But, I always laugh each time I see her screw up her grift,  get caught, and back out to plan another scam.

I thought we were promised Hillary would be in jail? As far as I know though, she never actually admitted to any of her crimes.

Are you taking your hydroxychloroquine? It's such good stuff. I haven't got COVID yet, so I know it's working.

I was only needed me a few times to fill in at the Hospital. I did not take hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic measure. My titer test showed I had it at some point. However, I know many RN as well as Doc friends that are taking or did take it early on.

I wish they would do I titer on Trump to see if he had it and just never realized he had it, like me. I guess then he would realize he did not need two weeks of hydroxychloroquine.

2. Valeant profile image87
          Valeantposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Because people like you, who will believe in these conspiracy theories, have clearly not learned that the e-mail scandal was not one of criminality.  Yet, many were happy to chant idiocy like 'lock her up.'  Now you choose to repeat Trump's latest unfounded claim publicly.  The only thing you've proven by using the term Obamagate, is that you're extremely gullible.

"People like you"... You fit so well into the liberal psychological phenomenon of groupthink. In regard to Hillary and her private server grift

James Comey --- "Last, we have done extensive work to understand what indications there might be of compromise by hostile actors in connection with the personal e-mail operation.

That’s what we have done. Now let me tell you what we found:

Although we did not find clear evidence that Secretary Clinton or her colleagues intended to violate laws governing the handling of classified information, there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.

For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support the conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).

None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail."

She broke the law and was just labeled "extremely careless"... 

I chose to update my thread what is being done in regards to some officials in the Obama administration unmasking of Flynn. I provided a fact. That fact is the FBI is now investigating the matter.
            I gave no opinion or showed no bias on the matter. Just an update.
            It's you that chooses to read something into my comment that just is not there.

I just wonder why you feel you have the right to insinuate I am gullible.  If we have open the door to personal thoughts on the character. I find you obviously insecure, most likely a person with poor self-esteem. You seem to enjoy giving your opinion very freely. So, I would assume you can take as much as you give out.

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press … ail-system

A short list of people who need to be investigated or put in jail:

Hillary Clinton
              Joe Biden
              Joe Scarborough

Why are there no active U.S. investigations on any of them?

Hillary Clinton is still being investigated by Judicial Watch.

Mar 2, 2020--"A federal judge has ordered former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to sit for a sworn deposition for the first time in connection with her use of a private email account during her State Department tenure.

U.S. District Court Royce Lamberth issued the order Monday in connection with a five-and-a-half-year-old Freedom of Information Act lawsuit the conservative group Judicial Watch filed seeking emails related to the deadly 2012 attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi, Libya.
                https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/0 … ion-118800

March 16, 2020 --- Hillary appeals
                https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/ … 0423133954

April 13, 2020 --US Justice Dept. Opposes Hillary Clinton's Challenge to Rare Deposition Order

https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/ … ion-order/

April 14, 2020 --Justice Department Declines to Support Blocking Hillary Clinton Deposition.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2020/04/ … eposition/

I think they should leave Joe Biden alone...Just let him go off into the sunset. Maybe get in touch with his childhood friend Corn Pop".

And for Scarborough, not even sure what he has been caused. I don't think I have ever watched his show.

It's not over until it's over. Judicial Watch (JW) is an American conservative activist group that files Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) lawsuits to investigate claimed misconduct by government officials. And have shown good success in getting sealed Government documents.
                https://hubstatic.com/15029933.jpg

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-rel … c-resists/

2. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 3 years ago

Unmasked! Uhhhhh!!

When a U.S. Intelligence Agency, such as the National Security Agency, conducts surveillance of a foreigner inside the U.S., sometimes that surveillance picks up the name of an American that the foreigner is speaking to or about. When this happens, intelligence analysts are obliged to hide or “mask” the name of the American if their participation is incidental and no wrongdoing is suspected.

The report or transcript of the surveillance usually lists the masked American’s name as “Person 1.”

If a member of the intelligence community decides they need more information on the intelligence reports they are receiving about a foreign actor, they can request to unmask Person 1.

In Flynn’s case, the National Security Agency was surveilling Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

It had been reported that Flynn had discussed sanctions with Kislyak, an action viewed as undermining the Obama administration. When they heard Kislyak discussing sanctions with Person One, US intelligence officials wanted to confirm this was Flynn.

Not even Fox.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/what-i … n-practice

Your synopsis is correct on how unmasking can occur and does frequently if the government picks up something untoward, and an American is involved.

The list released yesterday of 39 top Obama officials showed that numerous persons requested at different times to unmask documents that included Flynn's name.  Actually, there were 53 requests to unmask  Gen. Flynn’s name from intelligence reports between election day (Nov. 8, 2016) and Jan. 31, 2017.   While many of the requesters were Obama political appointees who resigned by Jan. 20, 2017, some were career officers at CIA, the Pentagon, and other agencies.

The most disturbing thing about these requests is that the vast majority of them were dated between Dec. 14 and 16, which was before Flynn’s Dec. 29 phone calls to Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. To thus far the Dem's have claimed to the public it was the phone call between Flynn and the Russian Ambassador that was the main cause of the unmasking.

An NSA intercept of this very phone call was the basis of the Jan. 24, 2017,  FBI interview with Flynn when two FBI agents used this intercept to entrap Flynn into lying about the call.

"The list revealed that then- U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Samantha Power made unmasking requests seven times between Nov. 30, 2016, and Jan. 11, 2017.

Clapper made three requests from Dec. 2, 2016, through Jan. 7, 2017.

Brennan made two requests, one on Dec. 14 and one on Dec. 15, 2016.

Comey also made a request on Dec. 15, 2016. On Jan 5, 2017,

McDonough made one request, and on Jan. 12, 2017, Biden made one request.

And there is Joe---  Claimed on several occasions while being interviewed he knew nothing about the unmasking of Flynn.  However, this is just not true. Biden is listed among the Obama administration officials who requested the unmasking of Flynn.

My point, many of the requests to unmask Flynn were well before the phone call he had with Kislkac.

1. GA Anderson profile image88
        GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Maybe I missed this detail in previous reports, but, is there evidence the pre-Russian Ambassador phone call requests unmasked Flynn? Or could they just be unmasking requests made for non-Flynn reasons?

It seems, (to me), the post-phone call unmasking requests would be legitimate inquiries—regardless of whether they can be tied to Obama Administration 'get Trump' officials. The content of the monitored call(s) seems to warrant an identity request.

If the pre-call requests resulted in unmasking Flynn I also think it is important to know why they were made.

On the surface, this unmasking thing seems legitimate if the claims of standard procedure and protocol approval processes, and, that the requesters could not have known who was being unmasked before they actually were are true. *shrug

However, is it entirely unbelievable that somebody knew before the unmasking and the halls and offices were ringing with whispers that prompted the unmasking requests? (especially those pre-call requests (if they in fact unmasked Flynn then)).

Could there have been an adrenaline rush among the get Trumpers when they heard the whisper that a Trump associate was picked up in foreign surveillance?

Until my first question about those pre-call requests gets answered I am keeping my powder dry. Obamagate or Trumpgate—time, (and those answers regarding the pre-call requests), will tell

GA

"The list released today is of 39 top Obama officials who made 53 requests to unmask Lt. Gen. Flynn’s name from intelligence reports between election day (Nov. 8, 2016) and Jan. 31, 2017.  While many of the requesters were Obama political appointees who resigned by Jan. 20, 2017, some were career officers at CIA, the Pentagon and other agencies." FOX News

"The most stunning thing about this list is that the vast majority of these requests were dated between Dec. 14 and 16, which was before Flynn’s Dec. 29 phone call to Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. An NSA intercept of this phone call was the basis of the Jan. 24, 2017, FBI interview with Flynn when two FBI agents used this intercept to entrap Flynn into lying about the call." FOX News

In regard to who requested the unredacted phone call between Flynn and Kislyak ---   "In addition, there were only seven unmasking requests by seven officials after the Dec. 29 Flynn-Kislyak phone call – by Vice President Biden, then Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, Obama Chief of Staff Denis McDonough and other career officials. Since the information in this intercept leaked to the press, these seven officials are suspects for this criminal act."

"Other significant observations: U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power made the most unmasking requests for Flynn’s name – seven. Clapper made three. No one else made more than two.  Power, who reportedly made an astounding 260 demasking requests during her time as U.N. ambassador, testified in 2017 that most of these requests were made in her name but she did not request this information. I believe Power and assume someone at the NSC, who was not authorized access to demasking information, made these requests in her name. The intelligence community needs to disclose who this person was." FOX News

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/flynn-u … red-fleitz

I trust the report to be true. Very rare will Fox report a story they need to retract. FOX  used names and provided dates. " Not sources tell me..."  I have not heard any statements from those mentioned in the article, except for Joe Biden. ---- In a statement, a Biden campaign spokesperson said, “Donald Trump’s attempt at dishonest media manipulation to distract from his response to the worst public health crisis in 100 years has backfired.”

“These documents simply indicate the breadth and depth of concern across the American government — including among career officials — over intelligence reports of Michael Flynn’s attempts to undermine ongoing American national security policy through discussions with Russian officials or other foreign representatives.”

This is not smoke this is fire. The unmasking does not bother me as much as the mindset of those that sought to stamp on Flynn's rights, and his reputation.

Thanks for the information Sharlee. I was familiar with most of it, but the unmasking of Flynn remains murky to me for at least one reason;

According to all explanations the unmasked name cannot be known until it is actually unmasked. If that is taken as gospel then the requests cannot be directly tied to efforts against Flynn.

However, I don't automatically accept that truth. I think it may be entirely believable that someone in the intelligence stream may have, (repeat that—may have), known that "Person 1" was Flynn and whispered it in somebody's ear.

Also, there is this:

"The list released today is of 39 top Obama officials who made 53 requests to unmask Lt. Gen. Flynn’s name"

If the above mentioned "gospel" is true then this statement cannot be true because those requests could not have known who's name they were unmasking. Maybe it is just poor wording on the reporter's part. Maybe it would be just as correct if the statement said "that unmasked Flynn" instead of "to unmask Flynn." Or, maybe I am reading to much into that statement's wording.

Then there is the Samantha Powers problem. Requests made in her name—but not by her directly. I have read the same could be the case for some of those other high-profile names; a request in their name could possibly have been made by someone else working for them. One example given talked about someone giving a Big Name' an intelligence briefing making such a request, (in Big Name's name), to give a more detailed briefing.

So I am still holding my powder until some of those questions are answered. If those pre-ambassador call requests were Flynn specific requests you might have the fire you speak of, but if not, and Flynn's name just happened to be the name behind Person 1, then that fire might not be the one you think it is.

Now if I was making a bet, I would put my money on an intelligence source's whisper echoing in the halls. But that is only because I am so cynical about partisan politics, not because I know something or believe something just because someone said it. ;-)

GA

"The list released today is of 39 top Obama officials who made 53 requests to unmask Lt. Gen. Flynn’s name"

I would think FOX would be up for some very strong statements of denial if the context was untrue. Plus as I said FOX, as a rule, do their homework, and don't have many reports they need to retract.  So, far I have not heard not one as I said Biden's. And FOX showed the document for Biden's request to unmask a document that B was Flynn.  The Biden statement did not address why his name was on the document.  One would think that it would have been addressed or a clear explanation as to why his name was on the unmasking request document.

I would say any and all that requested documents where B  was unmasked and that B turned out to be Flynn, those individuals better have a dam good reason why they requested the unmasking. I must ask, You don't find it odd so many in a given time period just happen to request to unmask Flynn? 

It will be interesting to see the other documents that these Obama officials requested on Flynn. By law, it is legal to request only foreign subjects to request the need to have someone unknown unmasked. And, I would think Flynn's phone calls and emails had to be leaked to any who requested documents that Flynn ended up being B...

This needs to be investigated thoroughly by AG Barr. He has the power to quickly assess all the documents and ascertain what reasons these officials had for multiple requests that ended up unmasking Flynn.

I can't fathom this kind of corruption. I do think the Dems overplayed their hand this time. Documents can be used as factual evidence. The documents are the easy part, we now need to pull in every one of those officials that requested an masking that Flynn ended up being B.

1. IslandBites profile image89
                IslandBitesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"You don't find it odd so many in a given time period just happen to request to unmask Flynn?"

You mean in a time period when...

(12/1/2016)  Flynn and Jared Kushner meet with Kislyak, the Russian ambassador, at Trump Tower.

(12/22/2016)  Flynn calls Kislyak and asks if Russia would delay or defeat an upcoming U.N. Security Council resolution vote that sought to condemn Israel’s building of settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

(12/29/2016) Flynn calls Kislyak and asks that Russia refrain from retaliating to the U.S. sanctions. Kislyak agrees that Russia would “moderate its response to those sanctions” as a result of his request.

The same Flynn that was present when Trump received his first intelligence briefing at FBI headquarters in New York City (8/17/2016) and was selected (11/18/2016) as national security adviser by Trump?

Yep, really odd.

And to be clear, that's the same Flynn that spoke at RT’s anniversary conference in Moscow and sat next to Putin, right?

Yep, definitely odd.

Please let me reorient you to the conversation between GA and myself. We are discussing a new piece of news. Yes, I realize you do like to bring up any and all old news reports. No problem, but I am not playing "well he did this back in whenever"

The time period we were discussing  --- is the time period the Obama administration officials unmasked Flynn.

"The list released yesterday of 39 top Obama officials showed that numerous persons requested at different times to unmask documents that included Flynn's name.  Actually, there were 53 requests to unmask  Gen. Flynn’s name from intelligence reports between election day (Nov. 8, 2016) and Jan. 31, 2017.   While many of the requesters were Obama political appointees who resigned by Jan. 20, 2017, some were career officers at CIA, the Pentagon, and other agencies." Many unmasking requests were made prior to the phone call in question."

If you want to Trump bash that's your prerogative. I don't join that game. It seems you enter into conversations and make every attempt to change the subject, and promote a back and forth... Just not interested.  it's very obvious I don't address you, I respect we have different opinions. Hopefully, you will do the same.

"The time period we were discussing  --- is the time period the Obama administration officials unmasked Flynn."

Same subject. Read the dates.

2. profile image0

She is addressing the same time period as you are.

And where did she Trump bash? I don't see it,

2. GA Anderson profile image88

Well damn, where did you find the ambassador/Flynn call transcripts? I have been looking all over for them so I could compare them to Flynn's FBI interview statements.

All I could find are the FBI's 302 reports, (reports of the Flynn interview), and the DOJ's summation of Flynn's interview statements, (that they felt their prosecutors couldn't prove were lies—to a jury), and they do not support your 12/22 or 12/29 quoted claims.

I didn't save the 302 links but they are easily found and you can see for yourself why those claims aren't, (yet), supported.

GA

I didn't. But unless you doubt the Mueller Report and Flynn own guilty plea, I think the claims are supported enough.

Statement of Offense and Defendant's Acceptance

3. Ewent profile image68

It is next to impossible to reason with people who support Trump. A Supreme Court judge could knock them over the head with evidence and all you get from them is "maybe....possibly....could have been...would have been..."

The point is the rest of us will not accept what we know is wrong. If Trump is the icon of what children should consider a role model, something has gone far too wrong in this country.

I'm glad I won't be around when GenZ is old enough to vote. If there are still elections and not a Trump Dynasty running the country.

Welllll . . . considering the documents in question were counterintelligence reports related to Russia's interference in our 2016 election, I can see a whole lot of people that would be interested in those reports. I don't see nefarious motives in the number of folks requesting the unmasking—on the surface.

But, if my 'whispers in the halls' thought turns out to be right, then all that surface legitimacy goes out the window.

Checking out this "unmasking" thing led me to links, (in The Hill opinion piece link that I think you provided), related to the DOJ's motion to dismiss, and the actual FBI 302s, (Flynn interview reports), and the Comey and Yates quotes, and the Strzok's and Page's texts, and the emails concerning the delay of closing an investigation that had already been authorized to close, (due to lack of negative evidence), and the FBI's breach of protocol in the Flynn interview . . .  and it sure looks like DOJ decision is the right one, and those "whispers" were more than just whispers in the FBI cadre associated with the investigation.

GA

GA---" I don't see nefarious motives in the number of folks requesting the unmasking—on the surface"

I agree it does appear to perhaps be a "fishing expedition". Although, it may impede upon his constitutional right to privacy. I mean they requested them for a reason. Hopefully, we will learn some of those reasons.

3. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

"I would think FOX would be up for some very strong statements of denial if the context was untrue. Plus as I said FOX, as a rule, do their homework, and don't have many reports they need to retract."
                Yeah, what about that Patty and Aretha thing? That was simple and Fox got it wrong. No media source is above scrutiny, the first rule of being informed citizens. And don't come back with angry right wing crap because I'm very informed. Don't tell me I'm off topic;keep that arrogant condescending stuff to yourself. If Fox screwed up once, they can do it again.

1. Valeant profile image87

Seth Rich conspiracy theory was all Fox News.  Obama Birtherism was all Fox News.  Hillary's e-mail criminality was all Fox News.  Still waiting for any of that to be true.

There's so much to do:

Put Hillary Clinton in jail.
                    Put Joe Scarborough in jail.
                    Get to the bottom of Pizzagate.
                    Take my hydroxychloroquine.
                    Still need to verify Obama's birth certificate.
                    Go to services in a packed church.

...so little time.

2. Ken Burgess profile image77

No. It was absolute 100% fact, no gray area, no doubts about it.

Comey did his "investigation" of it and dismissed it.  However the illegality of her actions were in black and white in the regulations and laws regarding Classified and above information.

It was not Comey's place or authority to dismiss or discharge, but he did so anyway, and that is how things were run during the Obama Administration, they repeatedly acted above the law and without authority to do many of the things that were done.

Biden is another example of someone who abused his authority and violated laws, the recent tapes that were released regarding the Ukrainian President and then VP Biden are cut and dry... there is nothing left to doubt.

The former Ukrainian President point blank states he was doing it as a favor to him (the VP) and that there was no evidence against the Ukrainian Prosecutor, but the Prosecutor General was investigating Burisma and the disappearance of billions of dollars, Hunter Biden just so happened to sit on the board of Burisma, and so Shokin had to go.

Biden threatened to withhold $1 billion in critical U.S. aid if Shokin was not fired. And he even bragged about it, openly, in public.

Biden and Clinton were out of control, two people that had been in DC for so long and had grown so used to power and doing whatever the heck they wanted I don't think they realize just how far over the line they had gone, and if they did, then their actions are as corrupt and treasonous to the nation as anyone's ever were.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44RG_7ePaNI

2. Sharlee01 profile image79

Tim, I am not sure why you would feel I would tell you you're off-topic. You clear have addressed the subject...  I did mention Fox due to it was them that reported the story I was discussing with GA as well as the subject of this thread. I did make the statement "Plus as I said FOX, as a rule, do their homework, and don't have many reports they need to retract" I certainly did not say they never have had to retract a story. I also said they have not received any backlash on the report from anyone involved except the Biden can[sign. It is certainly true all media should be held to scrutiny.

I am not sure why you assume I would respond in this way.   

"And don't come back with angry right wing crap because I'm very informed. Don't tell me I'm off topic; keep that arrogant condescending stuff to yourself. If Fox screwed up once, they can do it again."

I certainly did not in any respect address you as uninformed or arrogant. I actually don't believe we have interacted here on HP.

GA, IslandBites pointed out something interesting that is very relevant to our conversation. (I browsed the comment quickly and completely took it out of context. Which I apologized for). IB pointed out that during the time frame when all the officials were requesting documents that ended up unmasking Flynn, he was involved with several situations that could have become perhaps questionable to the Obama administration.

The biggest part of the puzzle is what were the reasons for the unmaskings, and will the reasons be plausible.  Were they important enough to require Flynn's rights be violated?

It looks like we are on the same page now Sharlee. On the surface, I don't think the "list" revelations are out of the ordinary. But, as noted to another of your comments, it is beginning to look like maybe the surface appearance isn't the reality of the situation—at least on the FBI's part.

GA

3. Readmikenow profile image94
    Readmikenowposted 3 years ago

The Flynn case was dropped because the FBI had no case.

“The government was monitoring Kislyak, and recordings showed that Flynn did nothing inappropriate; there was no ground to reopen or continue the counterintelligence investigation or to begin a criminal investigation.

“First, Flynn’s statements to investigators were equivocal. That creates significant questions about whether inaccuracies in his description of the Kislyak discussions were honest failures of recollection, not lies. The interview happened about a month after the Kislyak communications. In the interim, Flynn had hundreds of conversations with foreign counterparts. It would have been a challenge for anyone to remember the words of a conversation under those circumstances; and, in their legerdemain, the FBI strategically refused to refresh Flynn’s recollection by playing recordings or showing a transcript.

Second, the FBI and prosecutors took inconsistent positions on whether Flynn intentionally misled them. The interviewing agents believed he was truthful, if forgetful. Director Comey reportedly said the question of whether Flynn lied was a “close call.” Assuming this is so, a close call is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Third, the agents went out of their way to deceive Flynn about the purpose of the interview, at which they hoped to trip him up. It is rote for FBI “302” reports — used to summarize witness interviews — to start by recounting that interviewing agents advised the subject of the nature of the interview. But they did not do that with Flynn. He was discouraged from consulting counsel and from reporting the FBI’s request to speak with him to his White House chain-of-command. He was not given the customary advice of rights — the FBI, after officials acknowledged among themselves that they owed it to Flynn to advise him that a false statement could be grounds for prosecution, willfully withheld this admonition from him.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 … t-prove-it

1. profile image0
      Hxprofposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"Third, the agents went out of their way to deceive Flynn about the purpose of the interview, at which they hoped to trip him up."

From what I've read and heard, this fact is the primary problem with continuing the case against Flynn.  Is that how you see it?

4. Valeant profile image87
    Valeantposted 3 years ago

*Yawn* Unmasking is a totally legal process that happens all the time.  Russia attacked our democracy in 2016.  Seems perfectly valid the government still in power would want to be monitoring foreign agents.  Flynn should not have lied to investigators.

https://medium.com/@dojalumni/doj-alumn … 38a9a945b9

This is a right-wing conspiracy.  Keep me posted when Hillary is going to jail for her e-mail server.  Still waiting for Trump to fulfill his campaign promise to lock her up.  And I'm dying to see the check from Mexico since they will be paying for any wall construction.  Shar likes to say Trump keeps his campaign promises.  There's two he did not, along with the great new healthcare plan that protects pre-existing conditions.  Seems the main one he has kept is to give his rich buddies tax breaks while not cutting government spending to balloon the national debt.

While you are "waiting" for that other stuff, here is some reading that might impact your opinion:

Why dismiss the Flynn case? Because the FBI can't prove it

I will grant that the above is an opinion piece from The Hill, but it is filled with links that you can follow to find the actual documents and attributed quotes that support its claims.

And then, check out the DOJ’s motion to dismiss charges against Michael Flynn to see how the provable facts seem to support both the Hill's opinion piece and the DOJ's motion to dismiss.

Or not. You can always hang on to that 'It's a conspiracy" thought.

GA

2. Ewent profile image68

Stand by. The right wing's savior god to thee is desperate to put Obama in jail and also Biden. This is the only way he wins anything. Cheating.

This is why no one with a sane mind trusts him. He lost public trust with every lie he tells.

But when he gets his smear  campaign boys to smear Dr. Fauci by claiming Dr. Fauci is guilty of sexual assault and then Jacob Wohl and Jack Burkman who are paid trolls both are threatened with jail time for spreading that false lie, admit they were paid by Trump, who needs to bash Trump? He does that well enough on his own.

This only proves that Trump thinks he can falsify anything and get away with it even when there is NO evidence of wrong doing.

The man doesn't care how sleazy he appears to the public. Just imagine if Eisenhower or GHWB acted like this.

If Trump is what any mother points to and tells her child she or he  can grow up to be like the president, I'm glad I won't be around to see what Gen Zers old enough to vote will be like.

5. IslandBites profile image89

And this was you:

he time period we were discussing  --- is the time period the Obama administration officials unmasked Flynn.

"The list released yesterday of 39 top Obama officials showed that numerous persons requested at different times to unmask documents that included Flynn's name.  Actually, there were 53 requests to unmask  Gen. Flynn’s name from intelligence reports between election day (Nov. 8, 2016) and Jan. 31, 2017.

Maybe you need (new?) glasses?

Edit: I guess you deleted your post?

Yes, I did delete it, I went back and reread your post. And offer an apology. I took your post out of context.  At any rate, I think we rub each other the wrong way.  Maybe time to avoid each other's comments.

I just read it. There's no need for an apology. You can avoid my comments. I won't. I mean, I do sometimes. LOL
        But I will not when I think there's something relevant I should say, refute or contextualize.

6. Valeant profile image87

Anyone else find it completely comical that Trump, the guy who refused to cooperate with Congress in any way, wants Congress to try and force Obama to testify about his fake scandal?  He's too stupid to understand the double standard he's pushing.

https://hubstatic.com/15017956.png

7. GA Anderson profile image88
    GA Andersonposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the link. Now, the Meuller report and the Court charging documents demand the assumption that they had access to the call transcripts because that kind of detail is not included in Flynn's FBI 302 reports.

That assumption also demands another, that Flynn's FBI interview statements were categorical denials. But the actual 'official' 302s, (there is some controversy about their veracity), don't portray that. They portray Flynn as being equivocal or not recollecting—although there is one definite "No" relative to the Egypt thing, on the sanctions thing and the Russian UN voting point.

However, even if it were acknowledged that Flynn lied, (Director Comey called it a "close call)," there remains the behavior of the FBI—in the nature of Peter Strzok's actions.

The official investigation of Flynn was determined to be negative and slated for closure, and without Strzok's intervention, it would have been. The Ambassador phone call would have and should have, been a separate, (and new), investigation—unrelated to the original "Russian Collusion" investigation.

I am not inclined to exonerate Flynn of the lying charges, but I am inclined to view his pursuit as biased and unethical behavior on the FBI's part.

Following the DOJ's dismissal logic I too think it would have been impossible to get a jury conviction due to FBI malfeasance.

If they wanted Flynn they should have followed their own protocol.

But still, I would be much more confident in my opinion about Flynn's lies if the actual call transcript was available because the interview reports don't meet the mark of the Mueller Report or the charging document's claims.

GA

But still, I would be much more confident in my opinion about Flynn's lies if the actual call transcript was available because the interview reports don't meet the mark of the Mueller Report or the charging document's claims.

GA

I guess you'll have to wait.

A year ago, Judge Emmet Sullivan ordered prosecutors to release of transcripts audio recordings between Flynn and Russian officials, but the Justice Department refused.

Federal prosecutors declined to release the Flynn-Kislyak transcripts, arguing that the government “is not relying on any other recordings, of any person, for purposes of establishing the defendant’s guilt or determining his sentencing, nor are there any other recordings that are part of the sentencing record.

In a one-paragraph order, U.S. District Court Judge Emmet Sullivan said he accepted the argument made from federal prosecutors.

I must be missing something. Does their "not relying on any other recordings" mean besides the Ambassador's call recording, (it doesn't seem so if they wouldn't release it), or any recordings at all?

Does it mean they were relying on the FBI's evaluation of Flynn's interview? If they didn't use the call transcript where did they get the details for their charges? Why hasn't their source been identified?

The one thing I can be certain of is that the prosecutors and the judge know more about this than I do, but that doesn't answer the question of where the specifics came from. Or the question of why that information isn't available to judge support for both side's claims.

GA

Dont know. Maybe because he plead guilty twice. Maybe because he was cooperating with the investigation. Or maybe just an excuse to help Flynn/WH? I honestly have no idea.

But yes, the judge knows more. Maybe that why he halted the DOJ dismissal of the charges.

We are at an impasse' Island Mom. The details I have learned in searching the links convince me that the FBI's pursuit of Flynn was a partisan effort. Just the fact that Peter Strxok was heading it is enough for me to doubt it's, (the investigation), credibility.

At the least, Strzok should have opened a separate investigation. Flynn's activities/lies were not material to the original investigation that authorized the FBI's activities. Of course, it is only my opinion, but anything Strzok/Page-related is tainted by their proven partisan bias.

As for the charges in the charging documents, Flynn's plea, (consider; could there be any validity in the premise that he entered the plea to save his son from being prosecuted too? *shrug), and the DOJ's determination of their provability—I need more info before I will accept any as gospel. The 302s don't support the charges, so there must be something else.

GA

So Flynn, who held no government position when he's talking with the Russian ambassador and telling him that the incoming administration plans to undermine the sanctions imposed on their country by Obama for illegally hacking our elections, lies to the FBI about the substance of that conversation.

Somehow, you're fine with this and don't think it relates to the Russia Investigation?

1. Readmikenow profile image94
                Readmikenowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Flynn held no government position?  Have you ever heard of the position of National Security Advisor?  That is the position Flynn held within the administration.

What I have real issue with is the fact that the FBI denied Michael Flynn access to legal counsel before they interviewed him. 

Documents recently discovered show the FBI had an agenda when they interviewed Michael Flynn.  They were going to find a way to charge him with something.  No matter what he did, under our system of justice, he has certain rights.

I'm not okay with this behavior of the FBI. 

It is more proof the Russia collusion allegations were always nothing but a hoax.

No, I don't think Flynn's actions were related to the FBI's Russian Interference investigation. His scrutiny in that investigation had already cleared him. Hence the decision to close the FBI investigation of him.

His ambassador-call actions were post-election so how could you think they were related?

GA

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

You are not correct in your assumption that Flynn held "no government position when he made the call to Kislyak.". 18 November 2016 Trump named Flynn national security adviser. The call-in question that was at the heart of the FBI case against Flynn was made after he obtained his "government position".  Flynn admitted that he lied to investigators about a Dec. 29 2016 call that he had with Kislyak. On the day of the conversation, the Obama administration announced sanctions against Russia in response to Russia’s meddling in the 2016 U.S. presidential election.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that Flynn was undermining the Obama Russian sanctions.  The phone calls between Flynn and Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak are at the very heart of the controversy surrounding the former national security adviser,  neither supporters of Flynn nor questioners of the AG Barr have succeeded in seeing transcripts of that call. Flynn has claimed he was pressured to agree to a plea bargain.

At this juncture to little is known about what really went down. Actually Flynn had every right to make that call to Kislyak, due to his new position as a national security adviser. He also would have had the right to discuss the new sanctions. Trump may have had plans to lift sanctions or add more... You forget Trump was the new guy in town. And he very well could have had different plans for Russia in regards to sanctions.

On Dec. 29  the same day as the Flynn call to Kislyak  President Obama retaliated for Russian cyber-meddling in the 2016 presidential election and announced sanctions against Russia’s main intelligence agencies plus three other organizations and six individuals. He also orders also expelled 35 diplomats, who officials said were covert intelligence agents, from the Russian embassy in Washington and blocked Russian access to two Russian government-owned facilities in New York and Maryland they said were being used for intelligence operations. President Trump never lifted those sanctions, and in the years to come to add more sanctions on Russia for various reasons.

I am baffled why anyone would find the Flynn Kislyak call out of place, it would seem very normal due to his new job responsibilities.

As of yet, the transcripts of the call have not been made public, maybe it would be prudent to wait and see what these two men discussed, the actual context of the call before we judge Flynn.

The two mistruths that are listed in the charges are ridiculous...

1. Flynn claimed he DID NOT ask Kislyak to reframe from escalating the situation in response to the sanctions that the US had imposed on Russia.  ( so if he did ask Kislyak to reframe form escalating  the situation this would have been BAD?)This seems half ass-backward to me...

2. Flynn could not recall an earlier phone call with Kislyak.

The most important documents have not been released or leaked.  AG Barr has viewed them, and he dropped the case against Flynn.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics … y-lied-fbi

Late November: Flynn is warned about communicating with Kislyak by members of Trump’s transition team.

Dec. 1: Flynn and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner meet with Kislyak at Trump Tower. In communications intercepted by American intelligence agencies, Kislyak later tells Moscow that Kushner advocated a private communications channel between Trump’s team and the Kremlin.

Dec. 22: According to the statement of offense filed by Mueller’s team, a “very senior member” of the Trump transition team tells Flynn to “contact officials from foreign governments, including Russia” to try and influence votes on a U.N. resolution about Israeli settlements. According to the charging document, Flynn and Kislyak have a conversation in which Flynn asks Russia to vote against the resolution or to delay it.

Dec. 28: Obama announces measures meant to punish Russia for its interference in the 2016 election. According to the statement of offense, Kislyak contacts Flynn.

Dec. 29: Flynn calls an unidentified senior official with the Trump transition team who was at Mar-a-Lago to ask what he should say to Kislyak.

Flynn and Kislyak speak, after which Flynn again calls the transition official to inform him or her of the discussion. These calls were apparently on unsecured lines, and monitored by U.S. intelligence agencies.

The charging document claims that Flynn later lied about the content of the calls with Kislyak, including that Flynn denied having asked the Russians to refrain from escalating tensions by retaliating with sanctions of their own. In other words: Flynn did make that request.

Dec. 30: Trump praises Putin for not escalating tensions by retaliating.

The charging document from the Mueller team clearly states Flynn spoke with Kislyak about the Obama sanctions, as I stated.

1. Ewent profile image68

Anyone who lives in the NY/NJ Metro area and has ever shopped on 5th Avenue near Trump Tower would tell you that Trump leased an entire floor of Trump Tower to 5 Russian oligarchs. One of those was Sergei Kislyak, who served as an ambassador to the US.

Trump has consistently done business with the Russians for over 2 decades. All in an effort to gain what he wanted most, that Trump Tower in Moscow.

So when he sold a tornado damaged property in Florida to Rybolovlev, a billionaire Russia oligarch for twice its value and to this day has never been inhabited due to massive storm damage, you can see that these Russians even in the late 1990s were attempting to gain a foothold in the US through Trump real estate.

GA,   If you view the original charges made against Flynn it will have you scratching your head.

1. Flynn claimed he DID NOT ask Kislyak to reframe from escalating the situation in response to the sanctions that the US had imposed on Russia.  ( so if he did ask Kislyak to reframe form escalating  the situation this would have been BAD?)This seems half ass-backward to me...

2. Flynn could not recall an earlier phone call with Kislyak."

He was charged for lying to the FBI. But look how rediculous the lies are. They fully went out to destroy this man, one must ask why.  These crimes do not fit the punishment. They certainly pulled out all stops to entrap him in my view. 
              Now we are left to wonder why the Flynn, Kislyak call transcript has not been released. We knew the call transcript had to be used by the prosecution in the Flynn case, the conversation id referred to in the charges. We definitely know AG Barr has viewed them to come to his conclusion to the drop charges on Flynn. AG Barr claimed the Durham investigation is in its final phases.  Hopefully, some of our questions about the Flynn charges will be answered in the Durham report.

This link shows court documents providing charges against Flynn
              https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics … y-lied-fbi

I am in a wait-and-see mode Sharlee. Relative to the charges of lying to the FBI, I don't think their own report of the interview, (the 302 reports), support the depth and detail of the court charges. So I am forced to make the assumption that those details are revealed in the call transcripts, which means I can't go any further than agreeing that the FBI abused their own investigative protocols in their pursuit of Flynn.

The ambassador call was post-election and was not related to Russian interference in the 2016 election. I think I read somewhere that the FBI even discussed opening a new counterintelligence, or even criminal investigation into Flynn's actions.

But they didn't, and when you consider the cast of characters involved in that failure, and the further pursuit of Flynn without proper authorization it seems to me the DOJ motion to dismiss is a smart move.

GA

I really don't think AG Barr would have dropped the charges without the new documents that showed good evidence that the FBI had no cause to open an investigation into Flynn, and were all but ready to drop the matter.  Not sure we will ever be privy to the phone call transcript.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/04/3 … nts-227153

It will be interesting to see Judge Sullivan's next move.

8. Valeant profile image87

I must agree Obama is was and is a wonderful speaker, one could call him eloquent. He was blessed with pleasant looks and a very likable personality. However, he did not have much, more going for him. He spent 8 years flying below the radar. He takes a good game but got very little accomplished. It seems he had done little to nothing after leaving the WH. Yes. he has given his share of speeches and is working on a project with Netflix. Appears he is content flying below the radar.

Myself, I never was in search of a "celebrity" when I voted for him. I was hoping he would solve some of the long time problems the county has been burdened with. Presidents come and go., some leaving the "place" better then they found it. Obama left it pretty much how Bush left it. Now, Trump has disrupted the status quo, he is a lousy speaker, and has crazy hair. But, he pushes, he gets things done. Now, Obama, seems he may have found his place his purpose --- being a celebrity.

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/socie … doing-now/

'Obama left it pretty much how Bush left it.'

Again, showing your complete inability to process any accomplishments for the opposite party.  At this point, you should just stop talking.

-He increased health coverage for Americans.
        -The economy was in shambles when Bush left office - not all because of Bush, Clinton gets an assist - but Obama stabilized the economy, bringing unemployment down from 10% to 4.7%.
        -Obama doubled the stock market.
        -Obama passed environmental protections in a time when man-man climate change is a major issue.
        -Obama deported more illegal immigrants than any president prior to him and increased border security resources, all while doing so without killing children at the border.
        -Obama was proactive in stopping the Ebola pandemic from affecting our country and established pandemic response units for further threats (something Trump completely undid and look at the result).

I was at the opposite party... I voted for Obama. It is more than clear we look at accomplishments differently. I have pointed out why I felt Obama was a poor president, not going once again down that path. So, please don't pull out your canned info on Obama. I could list his failures one after one. What good to beat a dead horse.

In my comment, I pointed out Obama's positive qualities. I was honest.  I see nothing much more to say about him. He actually is still flying under the radar. He is living the good life, and still flying under the radar, doing nothing...

Actually the Dan Rathers equate is very right on.  I noticed Dan had no mention of Obama's job performance. As I said Obama is a wonderful speaker, he just was not a problem solver.

1. PhoenixV profile image63
            PhoenixVposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There was no radar. MSM made sure of that. He could not pronounce the words in the speeches prepared for him.

Flynn never lied. It was all because of a spontaneous reaction to an inflammatory video on YouTube. They are all habitual liars.

Its the difference between having hope in an artificial image created by the money and media or hoping that a man might shake up and change the power structure.

I see you got my point. I was looking for a disruptor a problem solver, and I got one. And as I said he makes it all look so easy. These last four years have been so enlightening. It makes me realize just how much I was keeping myself in the dark, purposely. I for one pulled my fingers out of my ears and stopped humming. I feel very liberated.

2. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94

Another important achievement of the Obama administration often overlooked: the cell phone industry was about to make all of America's airwaves practically pay to play. Obama made sure the cell phone industry didn't capture our airwaves as the country went to digital TV. Now, even without cell phone service in practically every community, citizens can reach emergency services on a cell phone. the next time someone falls and needs help without cell service in poor community, but have a cell phone, remember, Obama. I know: some conservatives will say it was an enormous pay out to cell phone companies, until its their granny, or a friend robbed, or a woman attacked that they know who couldn't afford a mobile phone.

That's a good one Valeant.

GA

9. Valeant profile image87

Not up for arguing the Logan Act. Plus, Flynn was not charged under the logan Act. So, I don't know why you dig up old rhetoric. Gen. Flynn was appointed and the incoming  National Security Advisor during a transitional period had every right to call Kislyak.

Maybe stop spinning. I was addressing your comment that claimed Flynn did not hold a Government Position when he made his call to Kislyak. Stick to the subject, you were wrong in your assumption Flynn did not have a right or should I say a Government position to speak with Kislyak or for that matter any foreign ambassador. It seems to be a pattern of yours to make comments that hold little truth, and when your mistake is pointed out, you make an attempt to deflect from the subject. As you have done here, bringing up the Logan Act... Very old rhetoric, I would think it played out its purpose to stir up the masses.

Yes, he can talk to Kislyak.  What he cannot do is negotiate on behalf of the United States until he and Trump are sworn in, which is precisely what he was doing on two fronts.  He can state publicly how he might disagree with a policy, but when he is negotiating policy directly with foreign agents, that's illegal.  Since when are laws just rhetoric?

I'm sorry you cannot understand how Flynn broke the law.  Seems to be a common theme with Trump supporters.  Flynn lied about what he discussed with Kislyak to the FBI - that was in the charging document from Mueller.  And Mueller had the option for a Logan Act violation which granted steeper penalties than the lying charge.  Which is likely why Flynn chose to plead to that one.

Flynn broke multiple laws in this instance.

Which is likely why Flynn chose to plead to that one.

And decided to cooperate with the Russia investigation.

Flynn was in no respect negotiating anything. Once again the all-important charges As you can see all Flynn was doing is asking Kislyak not to escalate the response to the Obama sanctions. No, I will do this if you do that... As you ae insinuating.No negotiating took place that we know of.  It has been long established that he was not out of his job description by calling Kislyak.

2. Flynn could not recall an earlier phone call with Kislyak.

I was not referring the Logan Law is rhetoric, just the fact that it was used rhetoric by you, Flynn was never charged with breaking the Logan Act. It was you that posted the link. I assume you were either accusing him of being charged with breaking it or where are you spreading rhetoric on the possibility he should have been charged?

I can certainly see he was charged with crimes. However, due to new evidence, the AG has dropped the case. It well appears he may have been coherent into a plea. I will await the outcome before I make any further assumptions about what Flynn did and what he didn't do.  Flynn committed any crimes. I will say to me those charges read as rediculous as they stand.

After following this mess, I would be ashamed to defend an apparent scam,

It's so clear that you argue positions after not reading the content in the links that people provide to try and help you understand how these things apply.  Your failure to understand the Trump-Kislylak relationship, and your failure of how Flynn clearly violated the Logan Act are just two examples.

It's also apparent that no matter how much evidence we provide, you'll just never see any fault with your cult leader.  You are definitely one of those that would stand by after Trump shot someone on fifth avenue and continue saying he's the best president ever.

The Trump, Kislyak relationship, what relationship are you referring to? I must admit I don't read your canned old stuff on Trump. Perhaps I missed your bulb on a Trump, Kislyak relationship.  I realize I asked for you to offer proof that Flynn was charged with violating the Logan Act. I was being totally sarcastic, argumentative.  I think it bazaar to accuse this man of violations of law to simply smear him. Was he charges or was it just feed for the Dem base? An old Law that no one has been charged with for hundreds of years.  Yes, lets' just pull this one out of a hat and let the media report we are considering changing Flynn with it.  But, did they charge him, No... But some like you are still rehashing it. Over, and over, and over... And yes the report left an indelible mark on Flynn's reputation.

" and your failure of how Flynn clearly violated the Logan Act are just two examples."

I don't believe in any respect that Flynn violated the Logan Act. Just that simple... I completely understand the Logan Act, I even provided you with a definition of the act.  Flynn was not negotiating anything, he was not accused of negotiating any form of deals or promising anything of value to Kislyak. He just asked Kislyak not to respond in regard to Obama's sanctions. I would say if he was brokering some form of deal, this could shed new light on violating the Logan Act. He was not accused of any miss such brokering.

I realize you feel he violated the Logan Act. I don't feel he did...  Yes, if Flynn had been charged for breaking the Logan Act it would certainly fit into the subject. But, he wasn't, so why even bring it up? Just another bit of crazy from the Dem" in Washington, a bit of feed. And I am sure well taken by many. Why bring it up?

I have provided you with a link that the actual court documents are available that list the charges that were brought against Flynn. I also copied and pasted what he was charged for you to read.

Not up for arguing the Logan Act. Plus, Flynn was not charged under the logan Act.  Gen. Flynn was appointed  National Security Advisor and made the call during that transitional period, he had the right to call Kislyak. His call was not inappropriate or did he make an attempt to negotiate with a foreign government. I would say this is a dead issue.

If you can supply proof that Flynn was charged with being CHARGED with a crime due to breaking the Logan Act I owe you an apology. Otherwise, you may want to let that one go.

"The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States."

Hopefully, you will read the link where Alan Dershowitz gives a good example of John Kerry violating the Logan Act. I find it a shame he was not charged. He truly did violate the Logan Act.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news … s-enforced

Perhaps you could return to the subject "The Unmasking Of Gen Flynn"
              why do you think so many made requests to unmask Flynn? Do you think the judge will drop the case as the AG wants him to? This is current news. All the backtracking gets boring.

For Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the question now is whether the Logan Act ought to be wielded as part of his widening investigation. That question has both statutory and strategic components. Statutorily, we think that Trump transition team members do fall within the Logan Act’s ambit. According to court filings, Flynn—acting at the direction of a “very senior member” of the Trump transition team—reached out to the Russian ambassador to the United States and urged Russia to veto a U.N. Security Council resolution condemning Israeli settlement activity. There is no indication that the Obama administration implicitly acquiesced to this contact, nor is there any doubt that the Russian ambassador qualifies as an officer or agent of a foreign government. While others have questioned whether this was an effort to defeat a U.S. “measure” (the United States did not introduce the resolution, and it abstained in the ultimate vote), Flynn’s action clearly was an effort to influence Russian conduct in relation to a decades-old dispute between the United States and Israel regarding the West Bank settlements. (Note that the Logan Act would apply to an effort to influence Russian conduct in relation to “any disputes or controversies” with the United States; the fact that the relevant “dispute” was with Israel rather than with Russia would not seem to be dispositive.)

Yet even if we are correct on the statutory point, there remains the question of whether it would be strategically wise for Mueller to bring Logan Act charges. Frank Bowman argues cogently in Slate that invocation of the Logan Act would trigger “inevitable allegations of political bias,” given the long history of not enforcing the law. This is no doubt true, though allegations of bias are probably inevitable however Mueller proceeds. Indeed, one of the reasons for appointing a special counsel in the first place is so that the special counsel can make prosecutorial decisions based on the best view of the law rather than on political calculations.

In the end, Mueller may decide to eschew Logan Act charges for sensible reasons. The federal false statements statute, which Flynn pleaded guilty to violating, may provide a surer path to conviction, and it carries a higher maximum sentence (five years rather than the Logan Act’s three). Yet the Logan Act still would be available to Mueller in the case of a defendant who did not make a false statement with respect to a federal inquiry.

Again ---   I realize I asked for you to offer proof that Flynn was charged with violating the Logan Act. I was being totally sarcastic, argumentative.  I think it bazaar to accuse this man of violations of law to simply smear him. Was he charges or was it just feed for the Dem base? An old Law that no one has been charged with for hundreds of years.  Yes, lets' just pull this one out of a hat and let the media report we are considering changing Flynn with it.  But, did they charge him, No... But some like you are still rehashing it. Over, and over, and over... And yes the report left an indelible mark on Flynn's reputation.

"Yet even if we are correct on the statutory point, there remains the question of whether it would be strategically wise for Mueller to bring Logan Act charges. Frank Bowman argues cogently in Slate that invocation of the Logan Act would trigger “inevitable allegations of political bias,” given the long history of not enforcing the law. This is no doubt true, though allegations of bias are probably inevitable however Mueller proceeds."

He proceeded to nowhere ... He did not charge Flynn with violating the Logan act. That is just the fact. Not sure why you continue to argue the point. It actually looks like the entire Flynn case was a set-up. It is a fact the AG Barr has dropped all charges. These facts may not be to your liking, but they are facts none the less. I will respect your right to believe whatever you please about Flynn. I think he was railroaded.

I'm noting that Flynn likely plead to the lying charge to avoid the greater charge of violating the Logan Act.  And you can certainly side with Barr, but...

I'll take the 2,300 legal professionals who believe Barr is wrong about Flynn:  https://medium.com/@dojalumni/doj-alumn … 38a9a945b9

Just as I'll take the 2,600 who felt he was wrong in reducing the sentencing of Roger Stone:  https://medium.com/@dojalumni/doj-alumn … cb75ae4937

That's two clear cases of Barr politicizing the DOJ.  At this point, his credibility is zero with much of America.

You say Flynn "clearly violated the Logan Act" yet the FBI discussed that charge option and dismissed it as a non-starter.

What do you know that the FBI didn't?

And, just as you accuse Sharlee, it is also clear that no matter what the lack of evidence is you will still pursue it as the Ark of Truth that only you can see.

Other than your one posted "opinion" link, do a Google search on it as it applies to Flynn and you will find the weight of legal opinions is strongly against its application in this case—including the FBI's legal minds.

GA

Michael Zeldin, a former prosecutor who was a special assistant to Mueller in the Justice Department, said the outreach to foreign governments by Trump's team at the time the Obama administration was in dispute with Israel over the vote is "facially" a violation of the Logan Act.

Flynn's contact with the Russian ambassador "seems to violate what the Logan Act intended to prevent," Zeldin said. He added that even though the Logan Act hasn't been used successfully "it doesn't mean that Mueller wouldn't consider using it to pressure defendants."

"I think it's a pressure point for other related offenses," said Stephen Vladeck, a professor at the University of Texas law school.

So, there's at least two legal opinions that back up my claim.

1. Ken Burgess profile image77

This is similar to the two people I have that can back up my claim that the moon is made out of Cheese.

World famous Private Investigator Tom Grant has come forth with a shocking new theory. He has shown proof that the moon that orbits the earth is in fact made out of cheese.

Proof the Moon Is Made of Cheese is detailed in a scientific report put forth by Ma'hatien Combrado.

Realtor logic.  Solid.

Yet, as your Zeldon says, it "seems" neither Meuller or the FBI, or the prosecutor felt the Logan Act was a valid charge.

Yours is a case of the pundit world vs. the actual participant world.

GA

3. Sharlee01 profile image79

VALEANT,

1. Did you visit the link I provided that supplied the document that listed what Flynn was charged with?

(The Logan Act (1 Stat. 613, 18 U.S.C. § 953, enacted January 30, 1799) is a United States federal law that criminalizes negotiation by unauthorized American citizens with foreign governments having a dispute with the United States.")

2. Did you note or can you prove Flynn was charged with violating the Logan Act?

And please note ---Yes, I have noted Mueller considered Flynn may have violated the Logan Act during his investigation.  And I also noted he did not charge Flynn with violating the Logan Act.

And in my opinion, this shows the Mueller investigation could find little to evidence that Flynn committed any crimes. He certainly had to dig very deep to even consider using an Act that had not been used in 200 years. He looked foolish even bringing it up,

Hopefully, I have made my point clear. The fact stands Flynn was not charged with violating the Logan Act, and yes I understand you think he stood have been. And yes that is your opinion, hold it dear, as you do all the other could haves. and might haves.

SHARLEE,

Not sure why we're screaming at each other now, but fine.  I know what Flynn was charged with.  In many court cases, people are charged with lesser crimes if they choose to accept a guilty plea to expedite the process. 

While clearly you guys disagree, the fact remains that some in the legal community felt Flynn violated the Logan Act and it was an option for Mueller to pressure Flynn to plead to the lying charge and cooperate with the investigation, which he clearly did.

4. Sharlee01 profile image79
  10. Valeant profile image87

https://hubstatic.com/15024951.png

The Canadian cartoonist take...

Memes are fun, facts are serious.

April 10, 2020
      U.S. attorney general William Barr implied in an interview Thursday that U.S. Attorney John Durham is prepared to prosecute former intelligence community officials if evidence shows they illegally surveilled the 2016 Trump campaign over allegations of collusion with Russia.

Barr, who tasked Durham last May to review the origins of the Russia investigation, told Fox News’s Laura Ingraham that the Connecticut U.S. attorney is “looking to bring to justice people who were engaged in abuses if he can show that there were criminal violations.”

AG Barr Quote -- “My own view is that the evidence shows that we’re not dealing with just mistakes or sloppiness, there was something far more troubling here; and we’re going to get to the bottom of it,” Barr stated. “And if people broke the law, and we can establish that with the evidence, they will be prosecuted.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/bar … loppiness/

https://hubstatic.com/15026091.png

You claim facts and then quote an article that states...

'implied'
        'if evidence'
        if he can show'

'his view'
        'if people broke the law, and we can establish that'

Are you seriously trying to claim any of what you just posted as facts?  C'mon Shar.  Take a look in the mirror before posting.

The fact I was trying to project was  --- We at this point have an AG that is conducting an investigation into Obama's administration possibly illegally surveilled the 2016 Trump campaign. And that Durham is clearly willing to prosecute anyone that he discovers had broken any laws.

“My own view is that the EVIDENCE shows that we’re not dealing with just mistakes or sloppiness, there was something far more troubling here, and we’re going to get to the bottom of it,”

IT is very factual that Durham is conducting an investigation. It is factual that Barr also stated the evidence shows that it was not just sloppiness or mistakes occurring, there is evidence of far more troubling problems.

Context matter, I realize you have been trained to be able to skew context as needed. But I think this article makes it very clear what Durham is doing, and AG Barr's opinion thus far on what the feels the investigation is revealing.

IT is clear Barr took care of his choice of words in some regards and was more open and less guarded in giving his opinion.

In the end, as you well know the outcome of this investigation will shed light on
          Obamagate. Hopefully, it will be worthwhile, worth all the taxpayer's funds that it is costing. We all had to realize the wasted cash spent on the Mueller investigation and the impeachment ordeal.

1. Ewent profile image68

Russia if you are listening. Does it occur to Trump fanatics that we have laws in this country that demand surveillance of anyone who is doing business with foreign countries?

Let me know when the south or midwest has a 9/'11 terrorist attack. Maybe then, it will remind these people that national security is not a game.

Obama never put Trump or his campaign under surveillance. But if you must know, ask anyone who lives in Trump Tower Manhattan how Trump put his own hotel leasees under surveillance.

Oddly enough, the only ones he refused to put under surveillance was Manafort and Kislyak both of who leased in Trump Tower Manhattan.

However, he has also done this at Mar-a-Lago and this is a direct quote when one of the Trump Tower Manhattan leasee's complained about his nose in their personal business, "“Even if you call and you want a medium-rare burger, I will put that in the file.":

2. Ewent profile image68

Was 12 years and $22 million wasted on Whitewater which Ken Starr told CNN in 2019 was "a well crafted hoax" worth our tax dollars? We know now that 83 year old billionaire Peter W Smith paid for the Clinton smear campaigns for 4 decades and the minute Gowdy announced in 2017 the Republicans would reopen WhiteWater, Smith offed himself.

At 83 with billions to his name?

2. Ewent profile image68

The facts as has been provided by the Obama Administration's CIA and FBI are that Michael Flynn ONLY retired from the military because he balked at the policies of his superiors.

Flynn as a top brass in the military knew how important national security is. But in 2016 before he was tapped by the Trump campaign to be Trump's National Security Advisor, Flynn was doing business in Turkey without registering as a foreign agent. He knew that was illegal.

In July 2016, members of the Turkish military staged a coup against President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan,

Michael Flynn organized an evebt by a local chapter of Act for America, a self-described “grassroots national security organization” that regards Muslims with considerable suspicion.

“There’s an ongoing coup going on in Turkey right now," Flynn said in his remarks. "Right now!” The country, Flynn said, was heading “towards Islamism” under Erdoğan, and the military was trying to preserve Turkey’s secular identity.

As reported by the New Yorker Magazine: "The coup failed; Erdoğan proceeded to round up thousands of alleged plotters and sympathizers, including military officers, judges, and teachers.

A Times editorial accused the Turkish President of staging a “counter-coup” and acting “increasingly authoritarian.”

Such characterizations tend to unnerve tourists and foreign investors.

In early August, Ekim Alptekin, a Turkish businessman and chairman of the Turkey-U.S. Business Council, contacted Flynn’s consulting firm, the Flynn Intel Group, about repairing Turkey’s image in the United States.

Flynn agreed to help Alptekin, in exchange for a six-hundred-thousand-dollar contract.

In order to comply with the Foreign Agents Registration Act (FARA), lobbyists working directly or indirectly on behalf of foreign governments must file paperwork with the Justice Department identifying themselves as "foreign agents."

After agreeing to work with Alptekin, Flynn and his colleagues initially considered doing this, according to a source who participated in the discussions, but they concluded that it wasn’t necessary, since Alptekin was not a Turkish official and the funds were not Turkish government funds.
          Instead, they filed with Congress, under the Lobbying Disclosures Act. Flynn was merely helping a businessman, they rationalized, and not acting as an agent of a foreign government.

Flynn wasn't "unmasked." There was NO mask on him. Only 54 reports by CIA and FBI that Flynn was a National Security Risk which is Flynn's own fault.

I am looking forward to Obama mopping the floor with Republicans who are already worried that Trump's attempt to put Obama and by association, Biden in jail is going to back fire big time.

Here's why, Trump himself brokered business deals with China while a "sitting president." He lost his contracts with Mexico for his Menswear manufacturing (which explains why he is so hot to build a wall to make sure Mexico loses trade). So, he needed another contract for himself.

Meanwhile, while he is accusing Biden and HIS son, Hunter of crime, Trump while using the power of his office, got Ivanka Chinese trademarks the US Patent office wouldn't give her.

She bought the old Adrienne Vittadini designer collection and thought all she had to do was slap her name on the labels. But to show how stupid she is, she didn't realize those designs were all trademarked and in the US Trademarks cannot be bought or transferred not even to the Princess.

So Daddy shook down the Chinese with those tariffs he tried to make appear was for the country when all the time it was to get Chinese cheap labor to manufacture Trump Menswear and to get Ivanka Chinese trademarks.

Didn't do her a bit of good. The US Trademark wouldn't accept her Chinese Trademarks to sell the Vittadini designs in the US. Poor Lil Princess then had to sell of the entire designer collection.

11. Valeant profile image87

https://hubstatic.com/15026083.jpg

Today's reminder of what many think of Obamagate.

12. Valeant profile image87

A constituency, that you belong to, now exists—a permanently mobilized audience on the Trumpist right primed to believe that the big takedown of the deep state is just around the corner. Whereas people on the left and center-left used to eagerly await Mueller Time, a large constituency on the right is now awaiting some kind of moment of truth in which Barr and Durham hold to account the cabal that tried to take down a president.

In a world with only one hoax—the hoax intended to slime Trump—it all goes back to the Russia investigation.

But Trump and his supporters need to keep up their attack on the Russia probe for one big reason: Bob Mueller’s findings were actually devastating for the president, and only by continually promoting belief in the evils of the investigation can Trump’s defenders evade the importance and magnitude of those findings.

No, Mueller didn’t prosecute anyone for collusion. But the portrait painted in Volume I of his report was of a campaign eager to benefit from Russian electoral interference, in touch with a wide range of Russian operatives and cutouts, and frankly uninterested in the basics of loyalty and patriotism. And the portrait in Volume II was of repeated efforts—arguably criminal—to stymie the investigation of that earlier conduct.

So, you keep clinging to your narrative, while the rest of us will keep understanding that there was Russian interference in 2016 - and for some unpatriotic reason - Donald J. Trump obstructed the investigation of that interference and you support him in doing so.

(borrowed from an opinion in The Atlantic - May 5, 2020)

1. Ewent profile image68

Trump Tower in Manhattan was home to 5 Russian oligarchs who leased an entire floor of that building. It so badly spooked other tenants of the building that they began to leave when their leases were up.

The neighboring businesses also were skittish about Russian oligarchs splashing their money all over in the high end 5th business district.

They knew Trump was laundering Russia and Saudi money in NJ and were afraid to trust the oligarchs for fear their may be implicated in Trump's money laundering schemes.

Let's all just take our hydroxychloroquine and we can put a stop to all this madness.

13. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 3 years ago

Thanks,Charlee, that's really gracious of you. As Americans we really have to fact-check. Perhaps, more positive exchanges will be forthcoming. Please, stay safe.

Tim, Yes, I am very sure we can. I will look forward to it.

14. Sharlee01 profile image79

Update

A federal appeals court on Thursday ordered Judge Sullivan the judge hearing the case against former national security adviser General Michael Flynn to respond to a petition by Flynn for the charges against him to be dismissed.

Flynn’s attorney Sidney Powell earlier this week had filed an emergency writ of mandamus to the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals seeking that the prosecution against Flynn be dismissed as the Justice Department has requested, and for Judge Emmet Sullivan to be taken off the case.

The order issued 5/21/20 directs Judge Sullivan to file a response by June 1, and invited the government to respond "in its discretion within the same 10-day period.".

15. Tim Truzy info4u profile image94
    Tim Truzy info4uposted 3 years ago

Actually, Charlee, just for clarification: It's the extreme right wing that comes off as arrogant, and I wasn't referring to myself in the least. Understand I was writing to you not myself. That's the tricky language the right uses to discredit or undermine others.
    For clarification, you wrote:
    "I certainly did not in any respect address you as uninformed or arrogant."
    I requested that you not respond to me with arrogance. Linguistically, it's perfectly clear. It's there in my post. Thankfully, you complied.
    However, fellow writers are curious about the truthfulness of other Fox stories.

I guess I was shocked that you took it for granted I was going to reply to any kind of rude manner. Not sure why you felt you had the right to address me as right-wing or that you expected me to come back at you with right-wing crap. 

Your statement -- "And don't come back with angry right wing crap because I'm very informed."

Your statement ---" Don't tell me I'm off topic; keep that arrogant condescending stuff to yourself. If Fox screwed up once, they can do it again."

First, you assume I am right-winger.
      Then you assumed I would tell you you were off subject.
      Then you assume I feel you are an uninformed person.
      Then you assume I might respond in a rude manner, possibly displaying arrogance and condescension.

It seems to me you may have assumed too much about a mere stranger. It very much appears you were been very defensive, for no reason.

Why, not get to know me, before you start disliking me. LOL

16. GA Anderson profile image88

As a "fellow writer" I would say it is not the truthfulness of Fox story presentations, that I question, but the bias/spin of their presentations.

I will freely admit that Fox presents stories in the light of a conservative perspective, but just as freely I would declare that CNN would present the same stories in a liberal perspective.

Speaking only to their, (Fox), news presentations, not their pundits, I have found Fox to be mostly truthful in their news stories—even if they are presented in a way that enhances a Conservative perspective. To criticize their Conservative bias is no different than criticizing CNN's Liberal bias.

Perhaps your implied view wouldn't be so critical if you discounted their pundit segments and spoke only to their news segments. I think the same applies to CNN. Their news segments, (in my opinion), focus on anti-Trump issues, but even so they are generally truthful. Their pundits, (again in my opinion), are no different from Fox's pundits—biased as hell.

GA

17. Sharlee01 profile image79

An update on the subject of this thread ---

FBI director orders internal review of Flynn investigation
    May 22, 2020
    WASHINGTON (AP) — FBI Director Christopher Wray has ordered an internal review into possible misconduct in the investigation of former Trump administration national security adviser Michael Flynn, the bureau said Friday.

The review will examine whether any employees engaged in misconduct during the course of the investigation and evaluate whether any improvements in FBI policies and procedures need to be made.

https://hubstatic.com/15028807_f1024.jpg

18. Sharlee01 profile image79

May 26, 2020  --

Former acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell has declassified the transcripts of the phone calls between former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn and former Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak, a senior administration official confirmed to The Post.

The move by Grenell comes on the same day he was replaced by former Rep. John Ratcliffe (R-Tx.), who was sworn in Tuesday after being confirmed to the position by the Senate in a 49-44 vote Thursday.

Now that the declassification review process for those transcripts is complete, his successor Ratcliffe will decide whether they are released.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/26/trump-int … n-kislyak/

So, will these documents cause all that smoke to ignite or will it just add more smoke.?

The requests to unmask Flynn were made before any of the calls between Flynn and Kislyak where Obama sanctions or the Israel vote were discussed.  Which would mean that Flynn had been having discussions with Kislyak prior to the things he ended up lying about to the FBI, which was him asking Russia to not react to sanctions and to vote a certain way towards Israel because of the intentions the incoming administration.   Him asking Russia to vote a certain way seems like a negotiation in violation of the Logan Act.

Here's some information from the House of Representatives:
      https://intelligence.house.gov/news/doc … entID=1004

Plenty of smoke on that Obstruction of Justice that Trump committed in asking Comey to stop investigating Flynn before firing him.

Michael Flynn transcripts reveal plenty except crime or collusion!

"They were right. The newly released transcripts of Flynn’s calls are deeply disturbing — not for their evidence of criminality or collusion but for the total absence of such evidence. The transcripts, declassified Friday, strongly support new investigations by both the Justice Department and by Congress, starting with next week’s Senate testimony by former Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.

It turns out Flynn’s calls are not just predictable but even commendable at points. When the Obama administration hit the Russians with sanctions just before leaving office, the incoming Trump administration sought to avoid a major conflict at the very start of its term. Flynn asked the Russian to focus on “common enemies” in order to seek cooperation in the Middle East. The calls covered a variety of issues, including the sanctions."

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/5 … -collusion

Just as food for thought, here is an opposing interpretation of the Flynn transcripts:

Newly Released Transcripts Show Michael Flynn Betrayed the United States

As a note, I read the transcripts and I would go with The Hill's interpretation.

I think the transcripts are in Flynn's favor.

GA

*Not The Hill's, but Jonathan Turley.

GA,  The media coverage of the transcript is 10 to 1 ( Mother Jones versus  The Hill)  Google has a wonderful algorithm. I have also read the transcripts and also go with the Hills interpretation. And yes, the transcript provides incite into the calls, and the context of those calls showed nothing of any form of criminal or subversive intent. 

GA, do you feel concerned over what the Obama administration appears to have perpetrated leading up to and after the in the 2016 election? It is, unfortunately, is becoming very clear many crimes have been committed.

Since when is defending the country from Russian interference in our elections a crime?  For a party that sings Nationalism, you sure do spend more time attacking Americans than understanding why a few certain people got intertwined in the investigation into that attack.

Regarding the topic being discussed, how were the FBI's actions "defending the country from Russian interference"?

GA

When Russia committed crimes in order to favor Trump's candidacy, crimes Trump publicly encouraged, and then you've got transcripts of Flynn (a well-known but unregistered foreign agent working for Turkey) undermining the sanctions the US is putting on Russia for those attacks and telling Russia how they should vote on other world matters prior to him being confirmed to his position, it is clearly in the interest of national security to see if there were quid pro quo issues that could be pertinent to national security.

Based solely on the actual transcripts, I don't see how you come to the conclusion that Flynn was undermining current sanctions when he simply spoke of avoiding escalation of sanctions into a war of one-upmanship.

Our interpretations of the actual words spoken appear different.

As for telling Russia how to vote, I heard him say what the incoming administration's position and desires were and letting the Russians know they were hopeful the Russians could consider that. When told they wouldn't, Flynn accepted that. I don't read that as "telling the Russians how to vote" So again our readings differ.

As for a quid pro quo, I have seen nothing that ever indicated there was—in Flynn's actions. The FBI knew exactly what Flynn had said. So they knew what he asked, and, what he had promised, (or didn't promise)

The calls seemed perfectly appropriate and above-board for an incoming NSA. I think you are reading what you want to be there into those transcripts. I think your interpretations are wrong and biased, just as I am sure you think mine are.

But when it comes to actual proof of which is right, I think the text of the transcripts should make the call. They speak clearly, they don't need interpretation.

GA

I see you continue to believe your opinion is written in stone. After watching three years of the Dem's debacles, after this past week watching Dem  Governors and mayors let crazy leftest rioters burn and loot our cities  I don't consider the Democratic party a viable political party or anyone that follows their leadership American's.

Now you have heard my opinion... Not pretty is it?

And not sure you noted, I was asking GA a couple of direct questions, due to being interested in his view.  I would not have asked you those questions due to being aware of your political left-leaning logic. Just over --
                "Obama good, Trump bad".

And I see you continue to spout your opinion like there wasn't even an attack on our country, while diverting to the social unrest that exists because a white man killed a defenseless black man in the street.  The second such case in the past month.  Yeah, I guess Nashville and Rochester, NY are bastions of democratic strongholds.  Every major city is seeing protests, and unfortunately looting, to what the black community is viewing as a modern day lynching, regardless of political affiliation.

Today, there were 54 detailed examples listed of violence committed by Americans in the name of Trump since he took office.  If that's the type of leadership you follow, I could care less about your views about my party.
                  https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/blame-a … d=58912889

" . . . I could care less about your views about my party."

There is seldom any gain in stating the obvious. Especially when stated with such a purposeful intention.

Just say'n

GA

"Spout my opinion".  Oh, sorry forgot who I was conversing with. I forgot you don't consider other's opinions unless they are in tune with your own. In regards to your party, I  am very sure you could care less about my view of the Democratic party. But, it felt good speaking my truth, not here to placate anyone.   

"  Every major city is seeing protests, and unfortunately looting, to what the black community is viewing as a modern day lynching, regardless of political affiliation."

"Unfortunately looting".   I actually noted very few blacks in the crowds of these RIOTERSin any of the states.   "The black community viewing as a  Modern-day lynching"

Where do you get that one from MSNBC? Sounds like their dribble. But that's Ok they supplied you with a line to add to comment on a chat.  And by the way, if you came up with that opinion on your own. --- Where do you get off assuming you know what the black community is feeling. So wonderful of you to tell the black people how they should view the looting and as a modern-day lynching. Do you ever stop and read what you write?  Why would you think you have the right to assume such a thing?

And what a surprise you used google to dig up a statistic. Oh, and yes blame it all on Trump.  I should have said the majority of the states as well as cities where we are seeing riots have Democratic running them. All the cities burning tonight and for the last week but the two you Googled are being run by Democrats. Fact

Facts seem to mean little to you, it actually seems like you don't have the ability to even consider them. And yes it's very clear you don't care about anyone's view but your own.  Google the word egocentric.

I think I will stop there, I don't want to be banned.

Although it may be splitting hairs, I would say my concern would be directed at the FBI's actions. Even understanding they are part of the "Obama administration" I would not be pointing my finger at Obama.

A president, (any president), can only act based on the information they are given. There may have been other drivers within the administration that influenced the FBI's actions, (or the president's by their staging of information presented to him), but I put the bulk of the blame on FBI leadership, (including investigative leadership, ie. Strzok).

My intuition, (as poor as it is), is saying that any "administration" impetus that directed the FBI's actions came from partisan warriors in his administration—not Pres. Obama himself.

GA

We are in total agreement.  I do think this mess will unravel into a bigger mess if possible. I am in no way sure Obama had nothing to do with it. However, I feel he is of better character and most likely was not involved. I have learned to never say never.

So you actually want to speculate that Obama was involved? Just throwing that out there are you?

Trump re-tweeted this weekend a video in which a man said "the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat". This weekend! That's what our President decided to re-tweet, of all the things he could re-tweet, that was his pick, to you know, create some calm.

Let me repeat myself, I am in no way sure Obama had nothing to do with the Fylnn fiasco. I will hold judgment until we learn more about the mess...  I certainly am not accusing Obama of anything at this point.

The full context to the re-tweet. The context just has to matter... One sentence just doesn't cut it.

Note the words "I don't say this in a physical sensei say that in a political sense" The media just needs to offer full contents of all statements.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRUWR9JbguQ

19. GA Anderson profile image88

Well, on the UN vote thing, I read it as asking and then relenting when the answer was no. No pressure, no promises.

Yes, he did lie to the FBI, by most interpretations, (there is a bit of possible wiggler room with his 'unsure' recollections), but I don't see any blackmail leverage in the discrepancy of his statements. I can easily see it explained as interpretive ambiguity. Nothing like a sex tape or such.

I think that aspect pales when compared to the precedents of action that the FBI broke in their effort to present him with even the opportunity to lie.

This one is pretty solid to me Valeant. Flynn screwed up, but only because the FBI was on a crusade.

GA

1. Ken Burgess profile image77

Yes there was some clear cooperation between operatives in the UK and within Russia to "set up" Trump and his close supporters for the "Russian Conspiracy" efforts that were made.

People forget the unified effort made by many vocal Democrat politicians as well as particular news outlets (CNN & MSNBC) to claim they had all the evidence, that Trump and those close to him in the Administration were all Russian agents and traitors.

Now, to those willing to peruse the evidence with an objective eye, it is clear now that a 'soft coup' was made, a predetermined effort by the outgoing administration and their allies within Congress, the FBI and other branches of the government to undermine, and hopefully overthrow the Trump administration before it could ever truly get up and running.

Despite their best efforts, they could never get the percentage of Americans they felt necessary to go along with it, and a very determined 40% seemed fully supportive of Trump, while they could never really get more than a 40% themselves agreeing to his removal... and therefore the efforts to remove Trump by fraudulent and dubious means never amounted to anything more than a lot of noise and accusations.

I wouldn't use "soft coup"  and I wouldn't place the majority of the blame on the out-going administration—specifically, but otherwise, I think you offer some good points.

As described in an earlier response, and understanding that they may have been part of the out-going administration, I point the finger of blame at zealously committed partisan warriors. They just happen to be Democrats this time. We have had other extreme political conflicts, (and wrongful intelligence agency actions), where those partisan warriors were Republicans.

GA

20. Valeant profile image87

'What a obvious sign it is that the DNC and Democratic Party is controlled by all the wrong people and wrong elements that we have Biden being presented as the "savior" to our problems.'

Well, when the right was screaming that they'd never support a socialist as president, the people of the democratic party voted to present the most moderate, compassionate, experienced, blue collar candidate we had.  Now, with racial tensions being a factor, we've presented a candidate who spent eight years in office with a leader of color - not one that stokes those tensions.

Aside from that, I agree with a lot of what you wrote including that Trump will not be the only one people are looking to vote out.  Pelosi and McConnell both need to go.  They are the leaders of a Congress that cannot do much right these days.

21. Valeant profile image87

Perhaps if Trump had any credibility, he could have made a unifying statement to the country.  But he does not, so instead he calls these protesters thugs and says they should be shot.  While just a few weeks back, he's praising white protesters carrying guns into state capitol buildings.  Instead of diffusing, he escalated the situation with his two different responses.

He never praised the protesters that showed up at the capital with guns. Perhaps you could provide a quote, I may be wrong.

22. IslandBites profile image89

https://hubstatic.com/15044253.jpg

1. wilderness profile image93
      wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

How about we just say that "It's horrible when police kill without needing to" and leave race out of it.  Otherwise it appears that only black lives matter, when the truth is that more whites are killed by police every year than every other race combined.  White lives matter, blue lives matter, black lives matter, red lives matter, yellow lives matter; ALL life matters.  Why is it only the black ones that get the attention even though a small portion of the lives lost to police actions?

As we approach a 50% white population, we still lose more white lives to police than all other races combined.  But that doesn't matter, right?  Because we've taken the path of emotionalism and media attention rather than reality, it's OK to ignore that.  Just as it's OK to ignore that the vast majority of black lives lost are to black killers, it's OK to pretend that only white cops kill only black men.

I'm sorry, but I hate when the "all lives matter" mantra comes out. This is a fundamental misunderstanding of the message trying to be conveyed with the Black Lives Matter movement. It shows that the gap in understanding and the empathy required to understand the pain of the African American community will never be crossed by some.

Black Lives Matter was not created to say that All Lives don't matter or that black lives matter more than other lives. It was created because so many people are treating black lives as if they don't matter, are worthless, and dispensable. We are constantly seeing police treat black people like they are toys to be tossed away and discarded - as if their lives don't matter.

White lives clearly matter and most people treat them like they matter and the police, on the whole, treat white people much differently than black people.

The call here is for people and police to treat whites and blacks the same and to regard their lives as, at least, being equal in value.

"Black Lives Matter was not created to say that All Lives don't matter or that black lives matter more than other lives."

I don't think we could disagree more on this.  BLM was created, not because people treat black lives as if they don't matter (check the stats on races killed by police and then try to fit it to that statement) but because they want blacks to be given a "bye" on the law.  At one point their "manifesto" even said so - they wanted different laws for black people.

"We are constantly seeing police treat black people like they are toys to be tossed away and discarded - as if their lives don't matter."

Again, look at the stats on which race is killed by police and try to fit it within your statement.  It doesn't.

If they want police to treat whites and blacks the same, well, they already are when it comes to killing them. 

It is my belief, perhaps mistaken but perhaps not, that we would be a lot better off as a nation if race is left out of the equation.  Nearly ANY equation.  It will take time, just as it already has, but the end result, I believe, will be a homogeneous society of people, not whites, blacks, Hispanics, Native Americans, Asians, etc.  On the other hand, as long as we continue to emphasize race as a dividing factor we will continue to be divided, and one of the biggest divisions is that we are convincing black people that they are incapable of doing what whites do; that white people are to blame for all their ills.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but we continue to do it as it serves well as an excuse for failure.

On the other hand, as long as we continue to emphasize race as a dividing factor we will continue to be divided, and one of the biggest divisions is that we are convincing black people that they are incapable of doing what whites do; that white people are to blame for all their ills.  Nothing could be further from the truth, but we continue to do it as it serves well as an excuse for failure.

You don't see it, do you? It runs deep, I see.

1. profile image0

Yes, and it's quite common among a certain age group.

2. wilderness profile image93

Perhaps I don't.  But what I do see is that constantly and forever emphasizing race as a dividing factor divides our country.  Do you?

Race does divide our country due to slavery and the 100 years following where black people couldn't vote. It's interwoven in our society and it's a lot easier to acknowledge honestly than to bury our heads in the sand and pretend it never happened.

2. crankalicious profile image89

When white people start treating black people with respect, dignity, and as equal to whites by not following them around when they've done nothing wrong or calling the police on them when they're bird watching, then your dream of a homogeneous society might be achieved.

2. profile image0

This.

23. Valeant profile image87

There you go again, ignoring the actual facts I just put right in front of your face.  No, today, the black unemployment rate is not 5.5%, it hasn't been that low since September of 2019.  Today, the rate is 16.7%.

Obama dropped the black unemployment rate by 9%.  Under Trump, it is now up almost 9%.
    https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/LNS14000006

The grants to historically black colleges as well as prison reform were both bipartisan measures that Congress passed.

As far as opportunity zones go, that's just a move that helps himself and his son-in-law:
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/oppor … 2019-10-29

And some light reading for you, so you can actually see progress made during Obama's administration:  https://obamawhitehouse.archives.gov/th … nistration

The facts stand Black citizens are at all-time low unemployment, as well as there are more black women in the work field then there has ever been.

He was the first president to  President Trump also understands that the foundation of economic success is a quality education. That’s why he signed a $360 million grant to support Historically Black Colleges.

As well as sweepinfg prison reform.

Like I said, you're stuck on that outdated talking point that existed back in September of 2019.  Today, black unemployment has more than doubled under Trump's leadership of our nation.

Obama increased Pell grant funding to Historically Black Universities by $300 million during his time in office.  Not sure why you think Trump is so unique in that kind of support.

He signed the bipartisan prison reform that Congress passed.

Of course the COVID crises has nothing to do with that unemployment.  It is because of actions taken by Trump, isn't it?  Actions like reducing unneeded regulations, encouraging businesses to expand.  Things like better trade agreements, encouraging businesses to expand.  Like lower corporate taxes, encouraging businesses to expand.  Like bringing back businesses from overseas, back into the country.  Like actually fighting illegal border crossings, freeing up jobs in the US, rather than encouraging it.

Actions like those are what is causing current high black unemployment rates, right?  It certainly can't have anything to do with nationwide shutdown of businesses, right?

It is because of inaction taken by Trump, who ignored intelligence briefings in January and then spent the entirety of February downplaying the threat the virus posed to the country.  Testing and contact tracing have been disasters, at best.  With Ebola, a virus that started abroad and barely touched our shores, you had a competent administration that handled it effectively.  Trump, despite being warned repeatedly that something like this was bound to happen, reduced our resources internationally and then spread misinformation about the virus because he's more worried about image than honesty.

The changes to those trade agreements are negligible at best.  The lowering of corporate taxes allowed those corporations to buy back stock, not to expand.  How many businesses have come back to the US?  You claim they are - what's the data actually say. 

Obama increased border resources and deported more illegal immigrants than any president in history - all without killing any children in US custody.  Strong, yet humane policies.

Of course.  Trump's "inaction" in shutting down the country produced that high unemployment.  You ARE aware that he is calling for a re-opening, right?  And that other countries are still shut down, and will remain so for some time yet?  Your TDS is really showing through when you blame Trump for the spread of a virus that is world wide and has hit the US no harder than other countries.

As far as economic measures Trump took, from tax and rule reductions to trade changes, I don't expect you to agree - anything Trump is automatically bad, right?  Nevertheless, they DID produce the lowest unemployment in decades and the lowest black unemployment ever - to claim they were totally ineffective is ridiculous, and we both understand that.

Yep, Obama spent money on the border, and deported more than other presidents of people that came in spite of his efforts.  Not a particularly effective approach, I'd say, particularly when illegal crossings are still falling.  He also created a whole new sub class of illegal aliens residing the country - an action that was quite illegal and beyond his authority and that to this day has resulted in millions of people that live here but cannot gain citizenship yet have no other home to return to.  You're right (I think) as well in that no illegal children died in US custody - not hard to do when they are immediately taken OUT of US custody and set free to live or die from illnesses they brought in with them.  Easy to claim there were no deaths, then, on our watch but it's a very false comparison.  Something else you are quite well aware of, right?

I particularly like that bit about Obama's STRONG policies on illegals - in my book STRONG does not include setting them free to roam our country at will because they brought children (often against their will) with them.

Speaking of TDS - Trump Demagogue Syndrome - is when you can look at the number of cases and deaths in the US and say it has hit us no harder than other countries.

Again, you and Shar regurgitate this 'lowest unemployment ever' without noticing that the previous administration got those figures most of the way there.  Again, TDS, where you can say that a president who dropped the level from 4.7% to 3.5% is better than the guy who dropped it from 10% to 4.7%.

And yes, I do think Trump's inaction on the virus led us to the point where we had to shut things down.  I also believe that many states are opening prematurely based upon the numbers of cases.  But Trump only has the economy to sell, so he has to promote an opening, regardless of the risks to Americans, or he has zero case for re-election.

Tell me, what is the death toll, per capita of the top 10 countries?  Hint: you will find that, as of June 3, we are topped by Ireland, Netherlands, France, Sweden, Italy, Spain, the UK and Belgium.  That's if you believe reports from China and Russia, which I do not.  Here, I'll help you out some:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/110 … habitants/

You may be able to get away from screaming out that the US is horrible because countries a tenth our size had fewer deaths, but I'm a little more discerning of spin than that.

Yep - Obama bought his way out of a recession and lowered unemployment.  And yes, it is much harder to get that final 1.2% that to get the first 5.2% drop, especially what the beginning is taken at the height of the biggest recession since the great depression AND double the time was available.  Again, you're smart enough to understand that, so don't bother to try spinning that bit of history either.

LOLOLOLOL  Do you think Trump's inaction led all of Europe to shut down as well?  How about China and Japan - was his inaction responsible for their shutdown?  The entire world has shut down as the only known method of controlling a pandemic, but it is Trump's fault in the US!  You have to understand how foolish that sounds.

And then you go on to blame him for governors opening their individual states earlier than you think right (did you factor in the economic and social losses or just the virus numbers?)!  You know as well as I do that Trump cannot control what they do, but it's still Trump's fault.  No, it's called TDS - the inability to look and reason past the hatred of your President.

What I know is that Trump eliminated the pandemic response teams we had in place that could have helped us head off this virus.  I know that under Obama, we screened and track cases of Ebola at the airports, none of which happened this time around.  And I know Trump ignored briefings early on about the virus and downplayed the threat all during February.  These are all things that could have had a positive effect.

'And then you go on to blame him for governors opening their individual states earlier than you think right...'  There you go again misinterpreting what I said to fit your own narrative.  In your warped Trump Demagogue Syndrome, you have to invent a fake hatred so you can overlook what is actually said.

24. Sharlee01 profile image79

Statement From former director for counterproliferation and biodefense

Tim Morrison, former senior director for counterproliferation and biodefense on the NSC, wrote in another Washington Post Op-Ed, “It is true that the Trump administration has seen fit to shrink the NSC staff. But the bloat that occurred under the previous administration clearly needed a correction. … One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled”

Doesn't matter, Sharlee, how many times that information is presented (I've done it several times) the Trump haters will continue to pretend it isn't there, ignore it and blame Trump for reducing excessive and useless bureaucracy while calling it "eliminating the pandemic response teams".  That it is a gross exaggeration of what was actually done matters no more than the massive spin that Trump did wrong.

Yes, I have also posted it several times. The unfortunate thing here is --- Once some have consumed the feed,(media lie) it becomes well seeded in their brains. It is very obvious some are very willing to keep any and all lies going, no matter what the truth is.

Example --- Today Sec Off Defence Esper provided the truth live this morning in regards to the latest Democratic/media lie . All week we have heard the reports from CNN and  MSNBC, not to mention the Democrat  Washington has-beens have reported the president had the protesters cleared with tear gas and rubber bullet for a photo op. Esper confirmed no tear gas or rubber bullets were used on the protesters. The helicopter that CNN referred to as a Blackhawk was a medivac National Guard helicopter. This lie has been consumed added to the canned list to post as need be by those that just deny the truth.

So yes, I realize it may not matter, but it sure is fun to make them uncomfortable. I would imagine it might be like a bit of a brain zap just before the deflect thought pops in.

Here is a clip of what was going on at the foot of the White House this is the truth. The newsgroup was NineNewsAustralia.  It's very clear the guard did their job with precision and professionalism. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpzobT-SsqU

"The truth". SMH

Reminds me of the "biggest crowd" even with photos and videos in front of their faces.

I loved the part when the tear gas is shown and there are the sounds of gun shots in the background.

This from former Secretary of Defense James Mattis today:

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

Smoke bombs ... The truth is no tear gas or rubber bullets were used as reported on Monday in Washington. All smoke bombs...  No guns, no bullets no tear gas. Just some media smoke and mirrors for gents like you. Unless you are calling the Sec Of Defence a liar.

And imagine having to use an Australian news report to get to the truth.

Maybe your little brain can turn up the volume at 6:57 to hear the sounds of gun shots.  And yes, anyone in this current administration is willing to lie for Trump to save their own job.  So I don't believe much of what they say.  It's only after they leave, do they speak truth to power, such as Mattis did above.

There called smoke bombs, and they make a " big big boom". I can see you're getting testy, I see you deflected. You're so transparent, and predictable. The keywords in your Mattis quote was "former Sec Of State".

Actually, smoke bombs don't make a 'big big boom' as you claim. 
                    https://thehill.com/homenews/administra … hite-house

Oh yeah, former clearly makes someone a liar in your eyes.  If they're no longer in your cult, they have to be a liar.  Just a sad worldview you have.

Here's the resignation letter from James Miller, who confirms tear gas and rubber bullets were used:  https://www.businessinsider.com/us-mili … rch-2020-6

Wait, dang.  He's now a former since he submitted his resignation.  No way you'll believe him.

2. IslandBites profile image89

Although I think maybe is too little too late, it deserve to be read in full.

IN UNION THERE IS STRENGTH

I have watched this week’s unfolding events, angry and appalled. The words “Equal Justice Under Law” are carved in the pediment of the United States Supreme Court. This is precisely what protesters are rightly demanding. It is a wholesome and unifying demand—one that all of us should be able to get behind. We must not be distracted by a small number of lawbreakers. The protests are defined by tens of thousands of people of conscience who are insisting that we live up to our values—our values as people and our values as a nation.

When I joined the military, some 50 years ago, I swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. Never did I dream that troops taking that same oath would be ordered under any circumstance to violate the Constitutional rights of their fellow citizens—much less to provide a bizarre photo op for the elected commander-in-chief, with military leadership standing alongside.

We must reject any thinking of our cities as a “battlespace” that our uniformed military is called upon to “dominate.” At home, we should use our military only when requested to do so, on very rare occasions, by state governors. Militarizing our response, as we witnessed in Washington, D.C., sets up a conflict—a false conflict—between the military and civilian society. It erodes the moral ground that ensures a trusted bond between men and women in uniform and the society they are sworn to protect, and of which they themselves are a part. Keeping public order rests with civilian state and local leaders who best understand their communities and are answerable to them.

James Madison wrote in Federalist 14 that “America united with a handful of troops, or without a single soldier, exhibits a more forbidding posture to foreign ambition than America disunited, with a hundred thousand veterans ready for combat.” We do not need to militarize our response to protests. We need to unite around a common purpose. And it starts by guaranteeing that all of us are equal before the law.

Instructions given by the military departments to our troops before the Normandy invasion reminded soldiers that “The Nazi slogan for destroying us…was ‘Divide and Conquer.’ Our American answer is ‘In Union there is Strength.’” We must summon that unity to surmount this crisis—confident that we are better than our politics.

Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us. We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children.

We can come through this trying time stronger, and with a renewed sense of purpose and respect for one another. The pandemic has shown us that it is not only our troops who are willing to offer the ultimate sacrifice for the safety of the community. Americans in hospitals, grocery stores, post offices, and elsewhere have put their lives on the line in order to serve their fellow citizens and their country. We know that we are better than the abuse of executive authority that we witnessed in Lafayette Square. We must reject and hold accountable those in office who would make a mockery of our Constitution. At the same time, we must remember Lincoln’s “better angels,” and listen to them, as we work to unite.

Only by adopting a new path—which means, in truth, returning to the original path of our founding ideals—will we again be a country admired and respected at home and abroad.

-James Mattis

2. Valeant profile image87

The Trump administration eliminated the US government's $30 million Complex Crises Fund, which consisted of emergency response money that the secretary of state could use to deploy disease experts and others in a crisis.

From January to August 2019, the HHS conducted a training simulation about a hypothetical pandemic, caused by a disease that bore striking parallels to the novel coronavirus.  In the simulation, federal agencies fought over who was in charge, state officials and hospitals couldn't figure out what and how much medical equipment was available, and there was no centralized coordination on state lockdowns and school closings. The team conducting the simulation put together a draft report laying out the roadblocks they discovered in the exercises, but their warnings went unheeded.

Last fall, the Trump administration declined to renew funding for a pandemic detection program, effectively ending the initiative.  PREDICT, a program created under the US Agency for International Development (USAID), worked with 60 different foreign laboratories, including the lab in Wuhan, China that identified the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.  The program shut down in September when it ran out of funding — about two months before the novel coronavirus began surging through China.

As I said ...

Statement From former director for counterproliferation and biodefense

Tim Morrison, former senior director for counterproliferation and biodefense on the NSC, wrote in another Washington Post Op-Ed, “It is true that the Trump administration has seen fit to shrink the NSC staff. But the bloat that occurred under the previous administration clearly needed a correction. … One such move at the NSC was to create the counterproliferation and biodefense directorate, which was the result of consolidating three directorates into one, given the obvious overlap between arms control and nonproliferation, weapons of mass destruction terrorism, and global health and biodefense. It is this reorganization that critics have misconstrued or intentionally misrepresented. If anything, the combined directorate was stronger because related expertise could be commingled”

Sorry I prefer a link to prove ---" Last fall, the Trump administration declined to renew funding for a pandemic detection program, effectively ending the initiative.  PREDICT, a program created under the US Agency for International Development (USAID), worked with 60 different foreign laboratories, including the lab in Wuhan, China that identified the coronavirus that causes COVID-19.  The program shut down in September when it ran out of funding — about two months before the novel coronavirus began surging through China."

Sounds like fake news...

25. Valeant profile image87

'Sounds like fake news...'

Which means news critical of Trump's terrible performance.  But to his cult, news that goes against what the messiah tells you.

https://globalbiodefense.com/2020/02/04 … -and-king/

26. Sharlee01 profile image79

President Trump again tweeted his displeasure with the prosecution of former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn on Saturday.

“New documents just released reveal General Flynn was telling the truth, and the FBI knew it!” Trump tweeted on July 11, 2020.

In a new 14-page filing to the U.S. Court of Appeals Friday, Flynn Attorney Sidney Powell said prosecutors deliberately suppressed evidence that would have been favorable to her client.

The docs reveal prosecutors’ internal debates over whether to bring charges against Flynn. In one, Deputy Assistant Attorney General Tashina Gauhar described agents assessments of Flynn after speaking to him, saying they believed he had been “forthright” about his conversations with then-Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and that there was no indication of any deliberate attempt at deception.

The said documents that were included in Powell's brief went to establish that on January 25, 2017 – the day after the agents ambushed Fylnn at the White House – the agents and DOJ officials knew General Flynn’s statements were not material to any investigation, that he was open and forthcoming with the agents, that he had no intent to deceive them, and that he believed he was fully truthful with them,” the filing reads.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)