The Problem with Comey

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (28 posts)
  1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

Director Comey and the on going investigation into possible Russia collusion by the Trump team has one huge problem. What was the crime? Was there intent?

By Mr. Comey's own standard, when dealt with the Hillary email scandal, he said there was no intent to violate our secrets even though she clearly did so therefore no charges to be filed.

This was and still will be a problem going forward. As I commented then and it is still true today, who in our government will ever be charged and convicted for a crime in the future? Unless someone pleads guilty such as General Petraeus did, who else can be convicted of any crime?
    The "Hillary defense" will be invoked again and again. "I did not intend on commiting the crime..."

Directory Comey has done so much harm to our justice system, he should have been fired for incompetence.

The Democrats going after Trump on this issue is barking up the wrong tree IMHO. He will not be impeached on this matter.
    Let me make this clear. If Trump does not build the wall, he will be impeached for lying to the American people. He was elected to fix our broken borders and not building the wall would be a broken promise.

1. profile image0
      ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The American people , if nothing else , have fully come to realize that there are two standards of  accountability in our system of Law ,   One for the common man and another one entirely for those in government "service " .    No matter the truth in the end ;  it is the integrity of the American system of governing that suffers most .   

I saw a bumper sticker that said  ;   
      " America ,a nation  created by geniuses 
         and run by Idiots "

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Have you noticed even the Russia narrative has fallen into the shadows too? Its like they are trying to stack up enough nothing burgers for a special prosecutor to start a special investigation later on down the line.  The President could be subpoenaed and the Administration's process documents to go over with fine tooth comb.  They are going make this about the process and keep looking for a process crime.

Comey is trying to control the narrative by releasing his testimony, which I understand has never been done before.  Trump said this and he might have meant this.  Was Trump trying to interfere.  What did Trump mean by removing the cloud.  Etc.  That's how the process works. 

I think Comey is scared and wetting himself. 

Come to think of it that's how the liberal journalists are in the WH press briefings.  They don't want to ask questions about content, they only want to ask questions about the process.  For example:  How did Trump get from point A to point B.  Instead of asking about what Trump did that was great while he was there.

colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Unlike Obama with the "Fast and Furious" scandal, Trump does not plan to invoke executive privilege as a way to block James Comey from testifying to Congress next week, the New York Times said on Friday.

1. profile image0

I can't wait to watch Comey flip flop around the truth and his opinion ,much like a government  eel,

1. colorfulone profile image78

I wonder if Comey will have to testify if he created the memos before the fact or after the fact, or just when.   Or, about the FBI's part in the Obama Administrations spying on every American and unmaskings thousands. 

People have lost confidence in the system as things are exposed, slowly.

1. profile image0

Well liberals who love these false flags will silently move forward to the next impeachable offence   that never happened .

Former FBI director James Comey is formally refusing to answer questions submitted to him by a bipartisan group of senators, suggesting he no longer must do so as a private citizen.
            http://circa.com/politics/accountabilit … -questions

Comey was to  provide answers to these seven questions in writing by June 2, 2017:

1. Did you discuss with anyone outside of the Justice Department any interactions you had with President Trump or President Obama regarding either the investigations of Trump associates' alleged connections with Russia or the Clinton email investigation? If so, with whom did you discuss those interactions, when, and why?
            2. Did you create any memos about interactions you had during either the Obama or the Trump administrations with the Deputy Attorney General, the Attorney General, or the President regarding either the investigations of Trump associates' alleged connections with Russia or the Clinton email investigation? If so, to whom did you provide copies and when?
            3. Have you discussed any such memos or their contents with anyone outside the Justice Department? If so, with whom, when, and why?
            4. Did you discuss any such memos or their contents with anyone within the Justice Department? If so, with whom, when, and why?
            5. Did you share copies of any such memos with anyone outside the Justice Department? If so, with whom, when, and why?
            6. Did you retain copies of any such memos after leaving the FBI or otherwise maintain access to them? If so, please explain why.
            7. If you retained copies or can access them, please provide all such memos that you created, memorializing interactions you had with Presidents Trump or Obama, Attorneys General Sessions or Lynch, and Deputy Attorneys General Rosenstein, Boente, or Yates regarding either the investigations of Trump associates' alleged connections with Russia or the Clinton email investigation.
            https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/me … 20Comey%20(Comey%20Memos)_Redacted.pdf

What a dog and pony show!

1. profile image0

In the "real world "  , everyone knows  Pres. Obama  appointed HOW MANY  appointees that are so compromised in integrity , honesty and neutrality ,, as to be nakedly left in their ideology ?   Lynch , Rice Comey ,Learner ,  I mean , By now the broken and compromised public trust of everything from the DOJ , FBI , CIA , ATF , and the IRS ..............The federal  circuit courts ,   I'm just really glad he wasn't allowed to pollute the supreme Court  AS much as the DOJ  for instance .

Probably only Comey however made ANY effort at  towing- the- line at all     He alone out of all of the above dealt  and carefully juggled in the nuts and bolts of law !   Had he been totally stupid , he would be far , far more accountable to some prosecution than the more political office heads  of say the DOJ or the IRS, I wish that some accountability would be delivered into these morons lives however , Lynch , Rice ......Leaner .

It wasn't lack of trying, the Republicans did fight that.  So, kudos to them.  It gives me pure joy though, I believe that was won in the courts of heaven.

People from the State Department are saying that there is a purge by the Trump Adm happening in the State Department and in the FBI.  Former employees are cleaning out their desks, or having them cleaned out for them (I don't know which).  Trump has to get rid of the Bush, Obama and Clinton holdovers because they are not performing their duties at the pleasure of this President.  Reason why is because status quo is their gravy train, but that train has left the station. 

There had to have been a deal made with some powerful people to get these holdovers rooted out so that Trump can get his agenda through.  Bilderberg recently met at the Westfield Marriott Hotel behind closed doors.  I'm sure a strategy was being discussed, they decide how things are suppose to go.  Well. Trump winning the presidency threw a monkey wrench into that. After Trump won, Henry Kissinger said that they would have to go back to the drawing board (something to that effect). 

I don't know, but its starting to look like they are going to hand Hillary over for prosecution. Comey certainly gave reason to open up an investigation into campaign obstruction by Lynch.  Maybe Comey wasn't being just stupid after all.  I have maybes...

1. profile image0
                  PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What are they waiting for? Trump said he would "lock her up" and now he is Prez. What's stopping him from ordering the investigation to be reopened and putting some hard-nosed Hillary Hunter on it?
                  What is he waiting for? After all, he is a "decisive man of action" according to his minions.

3. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13471972.png

The official NEW emblem of the Comey FBI investigations  .

Comey admitted he leaked info (which is a crime) to the New Your Times after he got fired. He said the NYT got it wrong on what even in the memo.  He committed a crime by not bringing the information to his superiors before he got fired. 

On and on, their case totally implodes with Comey testifying.
      What an embarrassment. I'm glad Trump fired the coward.

1. profile image0

"Comey admitted he leaked info (which is a crime) to the New Your Times after he got fired. He said the NYT got it wrong on what even in the memo.  He committed a crime by not bringing the information to his superiors before he got fired."

Neither of these things is a crime. He did not share classified info, and not sharing every piece of information with your superiors is not a crime.

That will be up to those who are investigating many other people who have leaked information.

Trump's attorney said that Comey, ""admitted that he unilaterally and surreptitiously made unauthorized disclosures to the press of privileged communications with the president."

"It is now established that there the president was not being investigated for colluding with the or attempting to obstruct that investigation," Kasowitz said. "As the committee pointed out today, these important facts for the country to know are virtually the only facts that have not leaked during the long course of these events."
          https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol … 102588032/

Comey hung himself and vindicated Trump!  Thanks for removing the puff cloud Comey, now its a dark cloud on you.

1. profile image0

Trump's attorney said.

So, who will be prosecuting Comey and for what crime?

Comey put himself into the basket along with the other leakers being investigated. We' will have to wait and see how that all goes.    No doubt, "unauthorized disclosures".

I wish I liked popcorn.

1. profile image0

Did he share classified information? What was "unauthorized"?

4. profile image0

What a travesty ,  BUT this is exactly what happens  when the politisation of US Gov dept. heads becomes the norm , Obama . Pollution of honesty , integrity ,  neutrality . Comey played his cards from  that pollution of ideals  and that deficiency in morals .

Lynch
    Rice
    Comey
    Learner
    Clinton
    Thank you Pres. Obama
    I love my country BUT I absolutely hate my government .

Comey occupied a place of special trust and confidence. Its those persons with security clearances and who are law enforcement officers who have special commissioned authority as part of the government. That is true in the military with commissioned offices too.

So! Here's Comey a federal law enforcement officer. He raised his right hand and took an oath to the Constitution, not to the people, not to the president, not to the country....

Comey has a special position, he swore and oath as a federal law enforcement officer, he is also an attorney, and he is also an officer of the court.

Last but not least, Comey signed a non-disclosure agreement when he left the FBI, and that NDA regulates what he can release, what he can talk about, documents, records, all sorts of things.

Comey, with intellect and free will, made the decision to take memos that he crafted, that arguably are the United States property, not his personal property. The only reasons those memos exist are a direct result of his employment in the federal government. Those documents are not his, they belong the US government.

Comey gave those memos to a professor at Columbia, with the intention of leaking them to the NYT, so that he gets what he wants, not what the Constitution says, not what the law requires, not what the normal process of justice would demand, but what he wants. He wanted to force the appointment of a special prosecutor, as he stated.   

I can't think of anything more outrageous, a really self-centered vindictive act. Its incredibly weak and pathetic, it betrays his oath.  Mr. Comey is about Mr. Comey.  It seems he believes his own press releases.  There may be a pathological reason for that. 

I believe there are grounds to at least have an investigation, and if not, an indictment.

jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The problem with Comey is that he failed to live up to his reputation as "being a stand up guy". All along the Hillary investigation, we were told he is a straight shooter. Well, his latest testimony revealed that he did not stand up to Loretta Lynch, the attorney general under Obama and he failed to stand up to President Trump... Instead he chose to LEAK his own notes to the NYT after being fired.

5. profile image0

Comey JUST as politically motivated and LEFT ideologically loyal as the rest of the KIng Obama  regime !

-Covered for fast and Furious                         
    -Covered for Clinton --Lynch Tarmac
    -Covered for Hilary BenGhazi
    -Covered for IRS abuses
    -Covered for DNC abuses
    -Covered for NSA increased surveillances
    -Covered for Clinton Foundation
    -Covered for Border Patrol shutdown orders
    -Covered for and Participated in leaks
    -Covered for Obama corruption of constitutional law

-

But didn't "feel " right in about Trump meeting ?

6. Misfit Chick profile image75
    Misfit Chickposted 7 years ago

I'll agree with you that Comey definitely has his own agenda - as does Trump, obviously. He picks & chooses when he will reveal what - when it suits him for whatever reason. But, your one-sided view distortions of 'the left' being the cause of all of this country's problems cannot be taken seriously by me; because I KNOW that the GOP & conservatives, in general, have as much a part in f*cking up this country as Dems. When you figure out that your one-sided perception is something manipulated onto you so that you CAN'T see the truth from an objective perspective - then you might figure a couple things out, correctly.

jackclee lmposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Please don't lump conservatives with the GOP. What specifics has conservatives done to F * the country as you claim?

7. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Comey has been a registered Republican for most of his life, but is now independent.

Whatever letter "R", "D", "I"...the swamp must be drained.

8. profile image0

Well everybody sing with me --,  ....."It's got to be the morning after ......" remember that old" The Poseidon  Adventure", movie   where the sip sank after being hit by a typhoon ?

Well the seas have returned to calm after the Great Jim Comey Train Robbery , the " Down- Stream Media "is all in a tither because there turned out to be no there , there !   If anyone is watching the news , all the surprises have come and gone , The liberals have had their "OMG Not Hilary " meltdown The  Comey Impeachment Ship has sunk ,  Media is now left shuffling and re-shuffling there day after  headlines that were supposed to read "Comey Impeaches Trump All By Himself "  filling in with  old credit card commercials  and weather reports .

Here's my question ;
    - Comey's still fired for incompetence
    - Barbara boxer can't   ".....peach dat president.... "
    - No the Russians are not at the airport circling

What is the next un-true   catastrophe to face America ? Just asking .

I'll have one with you.  ~  Cheers!   

I'm enjoying seeing President Trump vindicated time and time again.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)