jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (19 posts)

Catch a Liar

1. ptosis profile image79
    ptosisposted 4 months ago

Write it down, write it out, share it.

Inconsistencies? Contradictions?

4% of people are accomplished liars and they can do it well. How can you a catch a person in his own web of lies? Look for insincere emotions. Most people can't fake smile. Keep in mind that some people have studied verbal and physical cues in order to lie better, so don't rely solely on the cues.

signs that nobody trusts you; Colleagues ostracize you. People don't want to work on your team. Your coworkers put everything in writing.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13566775.png

https://leb.fbi.gov/2011/june/evaluatin … -deception

1. Live to Learn profile image82
      Live to Learnposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Wow. You are either incredibly naive or just have an ax to grind. My experience is that the majority of people can fake a smile, all people lie (most of them quite well) and the liars stick together, ostracizing anyone who insists on honesty and integrity.

1. ptosis profile image79
        ptosisposted 4 months agoin reply to this

I feel sorry for you.Do you live in the city?

Not now. I've lived all over the world. People are people.  Think about it. Whistle blowers are treated like pariahs and rarely are they completely vindicated even after the facts clear their names. This holds true no matter how high or low the whistle blower works.

I assume you are a guy. Trust me. Women fake smiles, fake laughs and fake anything they think will make them appear more attractive or will let them get ahead. Guys are no different.

1. PrettyPanther profile image80
            PrettyPantherposted 4 months agoin reply to this

Some women do that. Most don't.

I'd say most women do that and some don't. I don't and I have met more not like me than are.

We must run in completely different circles.  Alternatively, we see what we want to see.

I'm afraid that seeing what one wants to see is a little insulting. I can only go by my experience with men and women. Implying that I 'want' to see this is, at best, shallow.

1. GA Anderson profile image82
                    GA Andersonposted 4 months agoin reply to this

OMG! Not you too Live to Learn. Shallow? ahorseback will probably sue you for copyright infringement.

GA ;-)

2. PrettyPanther profile image80

Well, sure, we all go by experiences, which is why I stated that we must run in different circles. I also stated an alternative that would apply to both of us. Didn't mean to insult you personally, but I did interpret your comments as insulting to women and overly stereotypical, which is why I felt the need to "defend" my gender. I don't see myself that way and I know very few women who operate that way.

So, either we run in different circles or we see things differently. Yes, I admit that saying you want to see women that way  is insulting, so I apologize. I doubt you consciously want to see those qualities, but it is entirely possible, even likely, that you unconsciously see them where they don't exist. Many psychological studies have revealed this to be true. A significant number of people, possibly all people, engage in unconscious stereotyping. It is one reason why it is harder for women to get elected to high public office.

2. ahorseback profile image40
    ahorsebackposted 4 months ago

Hey ! Don't go getting my use of a "shallow " comment into a gender war ......;-]

No war here.  You can't have a war if only one person fights.  I'm trying to engage in a discussion, but failed at my honest attempt.   Oh well.

1. ahorseback profile image40
        ahorsebackposted 4 months agoin reply to this

To be fair , I believe women and men are equally guilty of the phoniness of smiles , lies ,  deceiving others  and social ladder climbing .  When I was young I though women were more gossipy , back -stabbing and   hard to get along  with but as I experienced more in the work place I fully realized men are just as "catty "  as any woman I've ever known .  In fact , men can be way way worse at times on the job . Maybe it's the changing times, in these last few decades, but  I saw more  underhandedness in men on the job .

Now , which is shallower ?...............;-}

working