jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Life-Changing Experiences That Changed You or Shaped Your Life?

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Life-Changing Experiences That Changed You or Shaped Your Life?

Events that have shaped your life and changed who you were as a person significantly? What were these events and why did they have such a major impact on your life? Did you learn valuable life lessons as a result of them?

2. Aley Martin profile image78
    Aley Martinposted 6 years ago

Answering a posted question, the author briefly chronicles her own experiences in life lessons. read more

3. Jynzly profile image72
    Jynzlyposted 6 years ago

This is a good question but it needs a 20-volume books to write to get the picture of true and honest answers. Life is a constant change in every phase, for the better or for the worse, depends on one's unique perception and flow of thinking. There are concepts we formulated as a result of education, events, people, place and everything in any given stage of our lives...there is not one significant event that change us completely...It takes a lifetime journey and experience that evolve us into what we are in the present and more of it as we live on.

4. kimberlyh32 profile image69
    kimberlyh32posted 6 years ago

I have had many experiences throughout my life that have shaped who I am today but there is one experience in particular that has had the biggest impact on my life and on the person I have become.  A few years ago I was faced with a potentially fatal disease, which I have fortunately overcome.  That experience taught me how precious life is.  It helped me appreciate all the little things that I once over looked.  I feel like I am a stronger person and I have a greater sense of my goals and priorities.  I work much harder towards the things I want to achieve and I have a much more positive outlook on life in general, even when I am going through rough times.  I am able to find happiness when things are hard and I no longer give up on my goals as easily as before I had these experiences. I am definitely a stronger and happier person now than I ever was in the past.

5. sandrabusby profile image85
    sandrabusbyposted 6 years ago

After having been married for 25 years and raising two children, my husband and I were divorced.  I sold him my half of the house and went to live in Zurich to study Jungian psychology.  The two years I spent living in Europe and doing an in-depth analysis completely changed my view of life and how to live it.  Coming back to the states, I created a completely new life for myself, one that suits me well.

working