After 5 months, Fox rates Donald Trumps at 44% Approve-50% Disapprove

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (25 posts)
  1. My Esoteric profile image87
    My Esotericposted 6 years ago

Behind Fox's numbers are these results (Fox results are at upper end of polls):
                                           Men  Women      White  Non-White

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I'd have to say that that is pretty darned high considering the tremendous amount of negative media coverage and hate directed at the man.  Never in the history of the office have we seen such negativity OR hatred.

1. profile image0
        promisemposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I refer you to the post below and ask if you think Trump is responsible for at least some of his negative media coverage.

http://hubpages.com/politics/forum/1420 … d-facelift

1. wilderness profile image95
          wildernessposted 6 years agoin reply to this

No.  Without even reading it, no.  People are responsible for what they say; they are NOT responsible for lies from others.

On the other hand, he says some pretty stupid things, things that he should know better, and there is little wrong with repeating them...until that's all you do.  A balanced conversation is so much more useful (unless the desired result is to demonize, not understand).

1. profile image0

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by saying he is not responsible for negative coverage and then say it's OK to report his "pretty stupid" comments.

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
        MizBejabbersposted 6 years agoin reply to this

"Never in the history...."  Ha! Some people have short memories and have forgotten all the hate directed at Bill Clinton when he was president. I got so tired of picking up the paper and reading:  "Slick Willy's done it again!" only to find some nonsense that some republican yokel didn't understand or approve of. Forgotten are the years of hate and malice from special prosecutor Kenneth Starr that never went anywhere while at the same time the Bushes were able to extricate themselves and their son, Neil, from the Silverado S&L deal. You Repubs have it easy. The Donald just isn't part of the "in crowd".

3. My Esoteric profile image87
        My Esotericposted 6 years agoin reply to this

So, Willderness, I would assume if mainstream media (Fox probably ignored it) reports on Trumps vile tweet this morning, it wasn't his fault they reported it? (just to pick 1 of a 1000 or more to choose from)

4. My Esoteric profile image87

As to "never in the history", you have clearly forgotten the vile, omnipresent, unparalleled spewing of hatred, invective, and outright lies by the Right from before day 1 of Obama's presidency, and it hasn't stopped to this day.

The main stream media doesn't need to make stuff up (which they wouldn't anyway, unless make a mistake which, unlike Trump and Fox, they admit to and correct); Trump just keeps feeding it to them, tweet after tweet, day after day.

1. profile image0

To your point, CNN just fired three journalists for getting a story wrong and admitted the error.

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 6 years agoin reply to this

" CNN got a story wrong " yea I guess ,...... That story was about admitting the whole bogus Russia -Trump connection .

Not exactly ," ....getting a story wrong ......."

Since " That story was about admitting the whole bogus Russia -Trump connection ."  is pure hyperbole, your comment has no meaning.

1. profile image0

Oh wow , YOU found the evidence  that no one else has ?

Uhh Hunn!

2. profile image0

Not at all. Get your facts straight!

5. Kathleen Cochran profile image78
        Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Never in our history has such a contemptible person been elected president.  How is anyone supposed to report on such a deplorable president?  Talk about the classic Kill the Messenger!

2. profile image0

Fox uses Rasmussen Reports, which always has high numbers for Republicans because it sells its services only to Republicans.

The Gallup daily poll is a better source.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallu … roval.aspx

3. My Esoteric profile image87

I am guessing all of the other poll numbers I put in didn't appear.  Bummer, that was a lot of work.

4. My Esoteric profile image87

What was cut off in my opening discussion were statistics showing that much of the remaining support fell into three overlapping groups:
        1.  Conservatives (as opposed to liberals and moderates) and white Evangelicals
        2.  Those 45 and over
        3.  Those with no college diploma

It is interesting to note that those who consider themselves Independents lean much more to the Right than those who think of themselves as moderate.  40% of independents approved of the job Trump is doing while only 30% of moderates felt the same way.

1. profile image0

The higher number of independents who lean more to the right is the result of the Republican party losing more members in recent years than the Democrats.

1. profile image0

Oh THAT"S why all the loss of the left in senate , the house , congress ,  they all left an became independent voters  ?

1. profile image0

No. The Dems lost the House and Senate because of Vladimir Putin, sheep that believe Fox News and Breitbart, and billionaire Republicans who no longer have any campaign spending limits.

1. profile image0

Putin had about as much to do with the election losses  as  Hilary Clinton had to do with delivering honesty  to the voting masses .

Got proof ? Give it up dude , the world awaits .

As to honesty, there is plenty of proof that Hillary is an order of magnitude more honest than Trump ... but you won't believe any of it because you will call it fake news.

While I think if Hillary had been a better campaigner, then Putin and Comey, or even the dysfunctional DNC would have altered the outcome.  But she wasn't which means each one of the other three reasons played a roll in her loss. 

Trumps margin of victory was razor thin in traditionally Blue states.  This means that if the DNC been better organized on the ground, she would have won.  Had Comey not wrongly inferred new Clinton emails were on Anthony Wieners computer, she would have won.  And if Putin had not run his drip, drip, drip propaganda offensive, she would have won.

The Ds gained ground in both the House and the Senate, but not as much as they should have.  I think the reasons are because this is a much more divided country than in previous elections, ticket splitting was at its lowest point in modern history along with the Ds failing to get out the black and Latino vote.

Finally, Promisen is quite correct in thinking consumers of Right-wing media are more likely than others to become unthinking supporters of whoever they chose as their authority figures. 

Study after study support this.  Google Right-wing Authoritarian followers.

2. GA Anderson profile image89
          GA Andersonposted 6 years agoin reply to this

promisem, I can see your point that the Republican party is losing members, and that those members, now as independents, are leaning away from Pres. Trump, but are still leaning Right. Even so, do you see that as a gain for the Democrats?

GA

2. Alphadogg16 profile image87
    Alphadogg16posted 6 years ago

I wouldn't believe anything that comes from Fox. Quinnipiac has him at 40% and USA Today at 42%. @Wilderness I'm pretty sure Obama received just as much, if not more hatred than Trump. Most of Trumps is self inflicted and could be alleviated if he just shut his mouth. If he could just get things done without talking, that would great.

I used Fox because that is the only thing, besides Brietbart, Limbaugh, and Dridge, that the Right will believe. Also, Fox polling is the only thing about Fox that I trust, and that is only because I know how they do their polling and statistics and it is a legitimate methodology

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)