jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

How to ELIMINATE Child Poverty in America- A Think Tank

1. gmwilliams profile image82
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13414111.jpg
    What are the steps needed to eliminate child poverty in America?  Do you believe that child poverty in America are caused by the children's parents who fail to plan, only thinking about the immediate without being concerned about the future ramifications of their actions.  How can people be educated regarding the negative ramifications of having children when they can't afford to give their children the essential educational & socioeconomic tools need to thrive in this postmodern society?

1. ahorseback profile image46
      ahorsebackposted 2 months ago in reply to this

GM ,  Don't you believe there are always going to be less intelligent people in the world ?  The only safety nets we should ever need are to assist those who , for that reason alone , didn't or couldn't plan .    The problem today is that the social "safety net "  has taken on a whole new meaning .
      Problem ; our education system has broken down .
      Solution ;
      1-Education
      2-Education
      3-Education
      4-Education

1. gmwilliams profile image82
        gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago in reply to this

YES, INDEED!

2. Kathryn L Hill profile image88
    Kathryn L Hillposted 2 months ago

I agree: "Children's parents ... fail to plan, only thinking about the immediate without being concerned about the future ramifications of their actions."

They FAIL to see the future. They are present-oriented looking only for immediate happiness. When the marriage fails to make a couple happy, they decide to have a child. When the one child fails to make them happy they have another. By giving the first one a friend/sibling, they think they will obtain a happier family. They do not see they will only double the trouble and the expense. No, I don't sound like the old me. In today's world, I have come to agree with you, GM.

Women who have children without a husband/father are completely nuts. Utterly, completely nuts.

I would not have a child, let alone two, in today's uncertain technologically based, immoral, unspiritual, upside down world. But for some reason, people are having babies like crazy!!!! yikes!!!

"But now better-off people seem to be having more children; in the US, the fertility rate of wives whose husbands are in the top decile of income is back where it was a century ago. Having a lot of children may be a sign of status - BCA dubs this the "Brangelina effect" - or it may be that better-off women can afford the childcare help (and increased housing space) that children necessitate."

FROM: https://www.economist.com/blogs/buttonw … demography

working