The K.I.S.S. Factor-It is VERY SIMPLE Really! Yes, Really!!

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (73 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8130883.jpg
    How can we REDUCE, if not ELIMINATE poverty in America?  Let's get TRUTHFUL, even RAW here, no SOFTSOAPING here! Let's TELL IT LIKE IT IS!

1. CHRIS57 profile image61
      CHRIS57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I am not sure that keeping it simple for the stupid as promoted in the US navy of the 1960ties is helpful for this topic.

But let me give it a try:
      A capitalist system has 2 ways for making a living:
      - earn money with a paycheck
      - earn money by letting money work.

My personal experience: The dividend for letting money work is much higher than having to meet ends with your paycheck.

Apparently this is even encouraged by the tax system. Direct taxation of your paycheck takes a higher percentage than is taken from corporate earnings after all tax breaks.

Put an end to this tax game. Rise corporate taxes, lower paycheck taxes. And last but not least: have a decent equity tax.

2. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Not possible.

3. Sharlee01 profile image78
      Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Keeping it simple, education, hard work, and parents or parent that supports this view and instill it into their children. I also feel if the Government wants to through money at this problem through it at education opportunity for the poor.  Make sure the schools are educating and not just babysitting.  Ultimately children are the future. Some adults have fallen into the cracks, and many are satisfied with the status quo that poverty has offered --- Government assistance.

4. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You can't.

gmwilliamsposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Poverty can be reduced, if not eliminated, in America.  Poor people have to look to themselves to make a life, not the government.  Poor people have to make intelligent life choices.   Poor people do unintelligent things to be poor:
        (1) They act instinctively & selfishly (the toxic kind) without considering the ramifications of their actions.
        (2) They have children before they are financially & educationally prepared to do so.  They have children that they CAN'T afford.
        (3) They have a LARGE number of children.  It is poor people who have THE MOST children.  Have you noticed that large families are socioeconomically poor?   Solidly middle, upper middle, & upper classes DON'T have large families-they are INTELLIGENT ENOUGH to have SMALL FAMILIES.  Poor people aren't responsible regarding the use of contraception.  They have children willy nilly.
        (4) They are anti-achievement & anti-success, viewing such as immoral, even evil.  They LOVE, even DEIFY poverty & struggle. 

There are many things that poor people do which result in their being poor.  They don't view work as an adventure like the solidly middle, upper middle, & upper classes do.  They view work as a tolerable burden to be endured.  Poor people have habits which the rest of us DON'T have.

People are becoming SICK of poor people.  They are the special ed students of life.  They are failures, even losers.   If the poor refuse to help themselves, they will become permanent slaves & canon fodder, used by governments to reduce the poor population.   The poor have become a PARASITIC class.

1. tsmog profile image85

Okay, but those in poverty will always be there. Possibly it can be reduced, but I doubt it. It is too large of an investment in money and man hours. Remember those hillbillies are in poverty too. Non-Metro poverty is greater than Metro. Talk about generational poverty.

++++.  Eventually, the poor will DESTROY themselves.....Either that or more draconian methodology will be implemented to drastically reduce poverty e.g. a licensing program for marriage & parenthood( I am all for that) or some type of eugenics...See where I am going here???

1. tsmog profile image85

I doubt that the poor will destroy themselves. It is a growing class as the middle class diminishes.

1. Miebakagh57 profile image69
                Miebakagh57posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree wholly.

2. gmwilliams profile image84

You inspired me to do another post, thank you Tsmog.

1. tsmog profile image85

YW

5. Ken Burgess profile image76
      Ken Burgessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Poverty will never be eliminated.

Poverty has been made worse than ever, as we have cured disease and limited starvation across the globe the world's population has exploded and like locusts we are stripping the world bare of its resources, fish, trees, fresh water, etc.

Its a certainty that as the population continues to explode unchecked we are sealing our own future hardships and tragedies as a species, poverty will not be eliminated... poverty is just around the corner for far more people tomorrow than suffer from it today.

1. Castlepaloma profile image76
        Castlepalomaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

The full dose of human abuse hasn't hit rock bottom yet. It will get better after that.

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

I think there is a possibility for that, if technology can advance at a rapid enough pace and those advances are not hoarded and kept for only the rich/elite.

There is also the possibility that future generations are all implanted with a neural chip at birth which has them monitored and controlled 24/7, and again, only the rich/elite have access to the best advances in healthcare and technology available to them, while the rest exist in a "equal" status that amounts to being on welfare and having no upward mobility in life.

The 1927 film Metropolis becomes reality!

1. wilderness profile image93
            wildernessposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Has there ever been a period in man's history that the rich/elite has NOT had access to better healthcare than the rest of us?

1. Ken Burgess profile image76

I would say the period between the late 50s to almost today was very close... at least for those between "Middle Class" and "elite".

I think there are now technologies and medicines developed and experimental both, that only the truly rich have access to.

A step below that are the "very well off" that have access to things like gene therapy and hormone therapy, hormone therapy alone can make a person feel 20 years younger and live a much more fulfilling life.

But yes, there is again a growing separation in what is available to whom, based on one's economic means... and that difference in what is available  will only expand as things like "free healthcare" are pushed.

The poor always have and always will get the short end of the stick.

What is occurring today is not the lifting of the poor to equality, it is the lowering of the "Middle Class"  or "working Class" to the level of the poor.

But of course, most people do not see this occurring, anyone that takes their cues as to what is going on in the world from ANY major news source, or worse, social media (IE Facebook) is blind to this reality.

I would highly disagree, for the poor in the 60's 70's and on simply did not have access to the best care available.  It either wasn't geographically available (rural people) or they couldn't pay for it and thus didn't get it.

Consider the health care we have historically offered the "elite" in the form of the President - who else has a private physician, dedicated to caring for one person?  Who else has immediate access to the top cream of hospitals?  Certainly not the Iowa farmer.

We ALL know  that.   Poor people don't have the best of anything because THE BEST requires money.    To reiterate, the poor are the socioeconomic slow students of society.  No one likes nor respects the poor.  They are tolerable burdens at best & disposable fodder at the worst.   However, one shouldn't pity the poor as they elected to be in such dire straits by their IRRESPONSIBLE choices & behavior.  There is saying that if one plays stupid games, h/she wins stupid prizes.  The poor PUT THEMSELVES in such negative circumstances, NO ONE ELSE!  Just be thankful that one isn't in the lower socioeconomic classses, JUST BE THANKFUL EACH DAY!

2. CHRIS57 profile image61

It is and was always the case that income and wealth matters for health and life expectancy. Even in European countries with good health care coverage for all of the population we see differences in life expectancy from poor to rich.

A German survey showed that average life expectancy differed by some 5 years for women, but for almost 10 years for men ( poor - rich).

The G. health care system takes care of all. If you can´t pay, government steps in. So why the difference and why the difference between men and women?

My conclusions:
                  Aren´t men living a more riskier life, don´t listen to their body?
                  As all can go the doctors without facing financial challenges, men tend to get checked less than women.
                  Poor people who are barely able to meet ends put more priority on keeping jobs than staying home and curing themselves.
                  Men have more smoking and alcohol habits than women.
                  Poor smoke more than the rich.

While above statements are based on statistical data, of course many more potential explanations could be found. Example: Someone could come up with the explanation that poor people are less educated than the rich, thus have no knowledge of medical and health issue, thus don´t get checked, don´t live a healthy life, eat the wrong stuff ... I would be careful with this kind of reasoning. This reasoning feeds from prejudice.

I would agree that much on individual health and life expectancy is depending on personal choices. And these choices often have a social and/or family background. ...If mom and dad smoke, kids are likely to smoke also...,  I think this is valid worldwide and not only for old Europe or the USA.

The government shouldn't pay for healthcare.  That is an individual responsibility.  If one can't afford healthcare, oh well, become more responsible or do without.  Let's grow up.  People are supposed to provide for themselves, it isn't governmental responsibility to provide for people.   Really now (rolling eyes).  People expecting something for nothing.

3. Ken Burgess profile image76

I didn't say the poor... the poor always have and always will get crap.

In today's world the poor get more than ever before available to them, but it is still little compared to the elites.

What I DID try to convey... was that for the Middle Class... the Working Class... what was available to them from the 60s to today was ALMOST as good as was available to the very rich.

When I was young, in my teens, working my first real 40+ hours job, I had Blue Cross Blue Shield and Dental Insurance that covered almost everything and offered the best treatments available.  And it was free, part of the job's bennies.

Today's insurance, especially post-ACA (obamacare) Insurance restricts your options, covers only half the bill. etc. etc.

Things have been getting worse, especially this past decade, from where they were... they have NOT gotten better.

Agree, and things will get worse.
                    Yet my gut tell me as an optimistic things will swing the way, not too far in the future, I see signs of it.

2. wilderness profile image93

When I was in my teens, clear up until I graduated college and eventually found a job with a fortune 500 company, I had no insurance at all.  Nor do I recall my family ever getting insurance from my father's job until he, too, went to work for a large company.

But you're certainly right that insurance has changed a great deal - my wife had a C-section and it cost me a new teddy bear for her.  Nothing more.

Which is due, to a large degree, to the rapid development of new treatments, equipment, and testing in the medical field.  CAT scanners, MRI machines and transplants don't come cheap, yet insurance must cover them now when they didn't even exist before.  If our insurance denied anything developed after 1970 we might once more find that it covered everything at or near 100%.

But has our medical care gotten better than it was 40 years ago?  No question - it has improved 1000% over what it was back then.

There was never a period at all.   That is why money/wealth is THE MOST important yhing in a vulture & society.  The wealthy are analogous to A students in school.  A students are privileged & on top of the academic chain & because of their top grades, their futures are bright & the world is their oyster.  Same with the wealthy. 

Conversely, the poor are society's failures, the D students.  They are considered not so bright hence they will have a VERY LIMITED future.  The poor aren't respected nor considered bright socioeconomically.  They are personae non gratae in our culture & society.  They have no future other than being slaves to everyone.  They are also easily disposable.

Let's do a grade analogy regarding socioeconomic classes:

Upper socioeconomic class-A+-A students.
              Upper middle socioeconomic class- A-B+ students.
              Solidly middle socioeconomic class- B students.
              Lower middle socioeconomic class-B- to C+ students.
              Working socioeconomic class- C to C- students.
              Lower socioeconomic class- D students.
              Underclass- F students.

2. tsmog profile image85

I rather think it is closer to "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley that we are headed.

2. Miebakagh57 profile image69
    Miebakagh57posted 3 years ago

I'll observe the discussion awhile and input my facts and opinions. I'm a Nigerian residing in Nigeria.

3. Castlepaloma profile image76
    Castlepalomaposted 3 years ago

My personal luck or skill, comes from being an entrepreneur all my life. Just don't understand how a working stiff makes ends meet. Worst it gets for me is sometimes flying off the seat of my pants. Then people ask me, how dose a flying artist keep his pants up. Having the ability to fly in any different direction, keeps my pants up.

The greatest maddness abuse we have ever seen in the last 80 years. Will shift to more self reliance leadership and less false authorities tyranny . People in the future will adapt quicker game plans and will enjoy more of what they do creatively.

Government do not know the creative process, for what's best for the public. They do not even know how to keep as high as 25% of their promises. Or they don't know how to keep right and left sheep together, even with the world covid order.

Castlepaloma? What d'you mean government to keep 25% of they promises? Were you a better maths addict than I? I've not give a govt 1% in my country.                                                            Those I gave 20%, I later tore the certificates. And that's in the present political dispensation in my country, Nigeria.

Africa is the only continent I couldn't tour most of it. Great lack of transportation, scary military and police. Many lack access to visas.

Today it seem bad Government and foreign corporations invading. Like Ethiopian have much of their land stolen to blackgoal for coffee corporations like starbucks. They make them work for 8 hour day for 50cents a day.

I hear it is bad in Nigeria, yet have no idea now bad. Sounds like they are stealing the oil and not sharing it with the public.

I though you should have add Africans has a tail like a monkey to make the story more scary! That's the old colonial school and mentality.                                                          Africa has improved even in AI!                                                          Cities like Addis Ababa, Casamblanca, Abuja, and Ibadan are a eyes delight.                                                Of course, oil money is stoten and hidden in foreign accounts. This later repatriat.                                          Seriously, poverty is every where in the world, even in God's Own Country and Canada. For the poor never cease out of the land! In Africa poverty except caused by war, disastar, famine, etc the people try to fulfil basic necesities-food, clothing, and house in a "happy state of paradise."

In the 70s africa was just too challenging for me to travel. Every person or race on earth has the black gene in their bodies. I wouldn't put down Africa and myself. I just greatly dislike giant corporations enslaving everybody on this planet.

I dislike that too any where. And thanks.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

Food for thought here.   People are poor in America, for the MOST part, because they made unintelligent choices.  They WANT to be poor.  In fact, they relish being poor.  If they weren't relishing being poor, they WOULDN'T be poor.  Poor people WANT to be THAT WAY.

People are poor, because like artificial intelligence, as people need to keep up their batteries  being recharged up regularly. When they don't eat, sleep and exercise well enough. Their batteries are operating on a 60% level energy, not a 90% or more level. Then they draw purposely negative or low energy towards themselves. You can change yourself better than anybody in this world . Yet you can not change the world, the world will change itself. I have a intuitive feeling after a little more great abuse worldwide . The world will experience better opportunities and optimistic ways that will help us as better individuals. Poverty is the greatest killer, yet the over all people worldwide are living much longer, having less wars, and having less children. We are learning greater information and communication skills on the internet. America is falling behind much of the rest of the world. For example there are 60 third world countries that are doubling their economic growth over the US.

I have faith in American people will turn it around themselves and stop giving up so much wasted energy towards the powers to be and be happier for it, as we are all in the same boat.

2. CHRIS57 profile image61

..They WANT to be poor. ..
      Are you kidding? Nobody wants to be poor. Is it a matter of unintelligent choices?  No.

I understand your statement to be provocative on purpose. But that doesn´t make it right. Everybody makes wrong decisions in life. Some find out quickly about it and turn to another route. Some don´t. Some fail by own incompetence, some by fate.
      If you leave "unintelligent choices" to the individuals alone, this is for me like forbidding navigation systems so people have to find out the hard way that the road has a dead end.

In no country it is good to be poor. But in the US i have the impression that those who are poor even get kicked on the head for being poor, thus to make sure they stay poor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_mobility (the Great Gatsby Curve).

In any society those who are strong must protect those who are weak. And a government must be judged on how this task is assisted best. Definitely not by cutting taxes for the rich and blaming the poor for being poor.

+++

Chris, yes, poor people WANT to be poor.   Why DO YOU think they are poor in America?  They LOVE being poor.  If they HATED being poor, they WOULDN'T be poor.  Poor people HATE the middle & upper classes.  They feel that such people are so-called extravagant because the latter want a life beyond basic animal existence.  Yes, the poor are living an animal existence, inculcating their children to live the same as they do.

Poor people are parasitic but THEY DON'T care in the least.  They live basic- they live by animalism, not thinking about their choices & its ramifications.  They ENJOY being poor, being victims.  They are poor BECAUSE THEY WANT TO BE.  Poor people do things that middle class people don't do:  they have children knowing full way that they CAN'T AFFORD them, they also have LARGE/VERY LARGE families- the concept of birth control & family planning IS LOST on the poor, they don't believe in education because education ISN'T for them, they value primitivism over logic, they imbue their children into an impoverished lifestyle, etc-NEED I SAY MORE.   I DON'T FEEL SORRY FOR POOR PEOPLE IN AMERICA, THEY MADE THEIR BED....

gm, you really mean it, do you?

Whenever i comment on this forum, i try to relate to personal experience. And my experience with poor people, no matter where on this planet is quite different.

I give you credit for: ..they imbue their children into an impoverished lifestyle.. In educated terms: how people are socialized.

I grew up in a in a family with scarce resources. This social conditioning follows me until today. I never played golf, tennis, never did horse riding - that was for the rich only. I never had my private yacht or airplane - that was for the rich only, you don´t mess with these toys. So yes - there you have a point.

But the rest of your statement does not match my experience. For many years i invested some of my money into real estate. Some of my poor tenants went directly from appartment to jail, some needed government assistance, some were poor, but too proud to ask for help, some were mentally sick and needed help but didn´t know how to get help. Only very few resembled your very image of the poor. Let those be less than 5%.

And you want to extrapolate from the few to all of the group. That is pure prejudice, with due respect.

In a previous comment i mentioned the "Great Gatsby Curve". Actually that is about social mobility, it gives an indication on how easy it is to climb the wealth ladder up or down from one generation to the other. The USA doesn´t look good there. Too much inequality and too little upward mobility. This is not to be blamed on the poor but on the society as a whole.   

The USA may be a land of opportunity, but certainly not a land of equal opportunity.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69

It's a pity to remain poor. I would not blame such a fellow. But the poor were not disturbing us with they wants and needs always. Do they?                                                                      Rockfeller become rich through his oil business, and he was mt happy, right? He had to share some of his oil wealth. The poor and a rich man benefit.                                     Seriously, when we talk about the poor what do we mean? They don't have a car? Without a tv set? Not having the latest small device? Actually, if you're keenly observing, you'k notice most poor persons eat more than 3 square meals in a day.

3. Miebakagh57 profile image69

One can't help it. To choice to remain poor is a foolish game. The heavens can't help even such a one.                                                              I'm a student of history. And I'm impressed by America economic history.                                                When the young men moved West from all over Europe and other nations, among them were 'never do well' poors. Through hard work over time some become rich. That was before the black become a slave on the plantation.                                                           Emancipation proclaimation set the slaves free! Booker T Washington, was a slave boy and love education and learning, right? His types are do well.                                                                  Honestly, are they not poor blacks and whites in America today, these shall never cease.

Exactly, look around in America.  Poor people aren't trying to elevate themselves educationally nor socioeconomically.  All they want is a GOOD time.  I see this all the time among poor people.  All they do is mindlessly procreate, bringing children into impoverished situations where such children have NO future thus continuing generational poverty.

Poor people don't want more.   They don't want to become educated nor more affluent.  They are quite happy being stuck in poverty yet they want the good life.  Well, instead of working for that good time, they DEPEND, even EXPECT relatives, charities, & the government to give them a middle class lifestyle.   Poor people DON'T believe in sacrifice nor delayed gratification-they want it NOW.   The culture of poverty consists of immediate gratification.  Poor people are children- they want what they want without thought of consequences.  Intelligent people think before they act but poor people aren't intelligent in the least- they act like lower life forms.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nomadland_(film)
          This is fiction. But where in this movie do you find the essence of
          "people are poor, because they want to be poor",
          "people are poor, because they made unintelligent decisions"

Just observe Chris.  Poor people want nothing out of life.  They imbue their children to want nothing out of life.  They are HATEFUL & ENVIOUS of people who are socioeconomically better than they are.  Poor people are that way because they make unintelligent decisions.  YOU KNOW THAT!

Unbelieveable. And you are spreading  this kind of thinking for years as i can see in the related discussions section.

What made you so miserable and disillusioned? The cup is always half full and not half empty.

Not miserable at all but REALISTIC.  Poor people are VASTLY different from the solidly middle, upper middle, & upper classes.  Poor people i.e. underclass, lower, working, & lower middle class have fatalistic & passive outlook on life.   They don't believe in having higher goals.  They act at the lower level.  They are infantile & immature in scope.  They ACT without considering the consequences of their actions.  They have a POVERTY & STRUGGLE mentality.   Don't you read & observe!!!!!  Observe the underclass, lower, working, & lower middle class people around you & YOU'LL SEE WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.  I AM RIGHT YOU KNOW!

2. GA Anderson profile image88
                GA Andersonposted 3 years agoin reply to this

"The cup is always half full and not half empty."

That is also my outlook. Along with the thought that you can always find the silver lining of a black event if you just look for it.

However, I also agree with GMWilliams thought that many people remain poor due to poor life choices. I just don't agree that the "many" I speak of is the majority. It takes work to overcome adversity and I think that too many folks are not willing, or strong enough to do that work. And also for too many, that required "work" is beyond their capabilities in the life circumstance they are in.

GA

Exactly Gus.  My three maternal aunts are examples of poor women who were poor because of unintelligent life decisions.  They had opportunities to improve themselves educationally & socioeconomically but they refused to work hard & make the sacrifices necessary to succeed.  Yet they consistently complained how poor they were & looked to other family members to provide them w/a middle class lifestyle.   They never paid for anything in their lives- how pathetic!  These women were highly intelligent- their IQs were 140, 155, & 156 respectively.  They were so used to being poor that they didn't want anything in life.  They had the poverty mentality.   One of these maternal aunts was offered a managerial position in an exclusive department store but she didn't want the position.  Told you how pathetic.  It proves my point that many poor people in America are lazy.  Yes lazy.   If you want something, you will work & make sacrifices to obtain it.   This branch of my extended maternal relatives are beyond lazy-they don't want anything but look for other people to give them a middle class lifestyle.   My late father called them parasites which I agree with.   I have disowned/disassociated myself from such parasites.

2. wilderness profile image93

"It takes work to overcome adversity and I think that too many folks are not willing .... to do that work."

Is that not a choice?  I would add that it often takes more than work - it can take sacrifice, it can take risk and stress.  Perhaps one must move away from the only location they know, away from all their friends and family and into a new environment, but refuse to do so.  Perhaps one must attempt to learn new skills, but refuse to take the risk (or effort).  I've seen where the stress of a new job can rank right up there with divorce, and many just won't accept that kind of stress in their lives or, if they do, soon retreat from it.

EXACTLY, +100000000000000000000000000000.  As I said, KEEP IT SIMPLE, NO SOFTSOAPING, TELL IT LIKE IT IS............PREACH!!!!  This post is addressing the intelligent, able-bodied poor.   There is simply no excuse for such people to be poor.  There is laziness & making inane life choices on their part.  It isn't society's problem that THEY ARE POOR.

2. Castlepaloma profile image76

It comes down to choices and consequences. My game in life is tip for tat. Dealing with all people like a family and in different levels of energy exchange for balance . It almost a sin to be too poor and too wealthy. I will deal with both, yet on a lower of vibrational energy levels, if they are not too negative. What helps humanity and self best. Is doing more work on our own weakest link and working on society and community weakest link.

2. Sharlee01 profile image78
            Sharlee01posted 3 years agoin reply to this

I can agree some are poor due to unintelligent decisions or just poor decision-making skills. Those poor life skills can come from a cycle due to the parent's characteristics to make poor decisions. Hence, the cycle of poverty could prevail generation after generation. It could be broken if the child comes across a mentor or someone that shows them how to make wiser life-changing decisions. I don't think most people want to be poor, but some do lack the skills to even think there is a  way out of poverty, and settle for poverty as a given...  They just might not care about half full or half empty and are not even interested in the stress it takes on their part to buy the beverage. They give up due to feeling overwhelmed, stuck in a cycle.

"They just might not care about half full or half empty and are not even interested in the stress it takes on their part to buy the beverage."                                             That's a stark reality. And that's were choice become obvious.                                                         Years ago, I watch with dismay how some poor persons were not willing to buy the smallest package of cocoa beverage. Not that they are not able to. But not willing to. Clearly, they need to avoid stress in certain area. Good for them.                                                                Now they can have them in sachet form of 2 table spoonfull measure.

2. Readmikenow profile image94
          Readmikenowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I think there is truth to what you are saying.

I know people who do not make very much money bur are quite happy.  Many of them like having a life without the stress of being focused constantly  on money.  They have food, water, shelter, friends, family, their church and they believe this makes them rich.  So, if they consider their wealth to be their friends, family and stress-free life, are they not rich?  Could there be more to wealth than just money?

Wealth is money!  That is HOW wealth is measured. Money is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing in our culture & society.  Friends & family are less important as they don't put food on the table, clothes on one's back & provide shelter, it is MONEY who does these things. 

NOT having wealth is stressful.  People who have wealth has far more less stress than those who don't have wealth.  People who don't have wealth are worried if there will be food on the table, clothes on one's back, or shelter.   What you said about people who don't have money are happy is a myth.  They aren't happy- they are worried about the increasing cost of living.  Having wealth EASES worries & creates a more healthful life.   It's nice seeing you again Mike.  It's great having you in the discussion!!

1. Readmikenow profile image94
              Readmikenowposted 3 years agoin reply to this

GMwilliams,

Thanks.

When I grew up we were poor.  My family did not have much money.  We did have a home, food, clothes and I remember being happy.  I remember our best times were being together as a family and doing things together as a family.  Money can't buy this type of happiness.
              I have known some very miserable people who had wealth.  Men not spending time with their kids, cheating on their wives, alcoholics and very dysfunctional, but they had wealth.  I know one or two families like that today.

So, if you have the basics covered like food, clothing, shelter, etc. and you are truly happy.  I believe that is a form of wealth.

I sell organic food I call :Health is Wealth:

Really?  Is health wealth?  If one is poor & healthy, h/she won't have the best of healthcare when something befalls him/her; however, if one is sick & wealthy, h/she can have the VERY BEST healthcare because h/she has the MONETARY means.   So health isn't wealth but MONEY is.

Another sub-question of sorts:  With a growing poorer class in the future, will more draconian means to reduce poverty be implemented such as more imprisonment of poorer populations, enforced birth control & sterilization of lower socioeconomic groups, & create wars to use poorer people as cannon fodder?   Will wealthier people revolt against the poor parasitic class?

If they do, who will clean their floors, cook for them and make the cars, TV's, etc. that the wealthy want?

Don't you know, we can be replace us by artificial intelligence and machinery.

Luckly the 99% is of us and 1% of them. We will we always have the upper hand.

You aptly answered my question- the poor will be relegated as a FUTURE SLAVE CLASS.  In the future, the poor will be SLAVES, NOTHING MORE, NOTHING LESS.

Look at the four largest cause of death in the world.

1. Heart disease
                2. Cancer
                3. Medical error
                4. Prescription drugs
                You are your own best doctor in the world, not the mainstreaming doctors who live below average life expectancy.

Nature has all the answers for our own and the planet health. Money is imaginary and stored energy. I call my product PDsuperfood because the plants, fungi and worms I growth represent 90% of the biomass weight on earth. If there is a true relationship, nature would be it. If there is a God, the love of nature would be it. Everyone will die, yet very few know how to live. People have forgotten how to die, for lack of understanding of themselves with nature on how to live.

4. lovetherain profile image80
      lovetherainposted 3 years agoin reply to this

You do realize the fact that most people are stupid, with IQ's of less than 100? Why do you think average(or less than average) people are going to make intelligent decisions?

Truthteller, thank you.  You are so correct in your premise.  Yes, most people are stupid-unfortunately.   This explains the state of the world.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)