jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Trump just used exceutive order to stop banks - North Korea...

1. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 2 months ago

In addition, he has convinced China to do the same to put pressure on the North Korean regime to stop testing nuclear missiles...and the EU to follow suit...
    This is huge...
    For once, the world is united to stop North Korea... something that has eluded the Obama admin. For 8 years...
    Where is the commentary from the main street media? Is this not news? Or just bad news for them...
    Good news for America.

1. colorfulone profile image84
      colorfuloneposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Mainstream hasn't been commenting on this BIG NEWS Story? That should be surprising, but it isn't when it comes to the corporate media.

I just listened to a press briefing with Secretary of the Treasury Steven Mnuchin on this topic.  It is interesting that he said that if banks in the United States do not cooperate by cutting off North Korea that we now have the tools to block them.  That speaks volumes about some banks in the US.

I was pleased when I heard President Trump announced that China is cooperating in cutting off NK. I hope that we can have a even stronger relationship with China.

I feel for the people of Japan having missiles fired overhead.  Plenty to pray about.

jackclee lmposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I feel sorry for the people of North Korea. They have been brainwashed by this dictator and they will suffer more consequences as a result of these financial restrictions.

2. Readmikenow profile image95
      Readmikenowposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Jack, I don't think the mainstream media or the United Nations knows how to handle a strong US president.  I believe it is overwhelming to them to have a president from the United States who will stand up to an enemy and not try to appease them. I like seeing him not back down.  I enjoy watching a US president act like the leader of the free world. He is such a strong leader he's getting other countries to follow him and that's what a real leader does.

3. promisem profile image98
      promisemposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Jack, the recent lack of action by China show that it isn't interested in pushing NK too far.

NK is an important trading partner for China and a strategic buffer against Japan and South Korea, both strong U.S. allies.

That's probably why most politicians and media aren't taking the new sanctions seriously.

Are you serious? This news is big news. It is a shift in China policy against North Korea.
        Obviously, it would not be reported by main street media. They just can't help themselves.

1. promisem profile image98
          promisemposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Trump has made the same claim about China several times in the past. China didn't do anything, which is why the situation is worse than ever.

Why should mainstream media make a big deal about something that doesn't happen?

OK, time will tell. There is no magic here. Either they follow through with what they promised or not...

In either case, if this was President Obama, they would have made a big deal. There is the media bias that we folks on the right complaint about...
            You can choose to ignore it but it exists.

working