jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Will Justice finally be served? Beau Bergdahl pleads guilty...

1. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 3 months ago

After years of legal proceedings, it appears Mr. Bergdahl is finally going to face the music.
    He has pleaded guilty to desertion.A treasonous act.

jackclee lmposted 3 months agoin reply to this
    2. profile image60
      Setank Setunkposted 3 months agoin reply to this

His was a misfit, a reject in his own unit. You really must see how destructive this is to those that are rejected. The closer you get to danger, the tighter units become, and rejection is intensified. He never should have been deployed. A FAP or TAD was in order to get him to his EAS and out. Desertion and an OTH  seems fair, but  what he has been through is punishment enough I think.

1. colorfulone profile image85
          colorfuloneposted 3 months agoin reply to this

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13743297.jpg

I will never understand what was in Obama's heart to bargain five terrorist leaders for Bergdahl.  Its too dark.

The answer is simple. He wanted to close gitmo since day one of his presidency. The fact he couldn't do it was named as his top regret in an interview...
            His reputation was on the line.
            Remember, the claim was always that gitmo was a recruitment vehicle for the Taliban...
            Well in 8 years of Obama, the recruitment continued and he did little to stop them.
            A lie was perpetrated and he now lives with the consequences..

In my humble opinion, Obama never had the stomach for war.
            He lucked out by taking down Osama and that was enough to get him reelected with that sound bite.
            He was not serious going after ISIS in the beginning and now we are dealing with a bigger problem.

1. colorfulone profile image85
              colorfuloneposted 3 months agoin reply to this

Yeah, you are right on, I do believe.  It must have been a secret campaign promise to close Getmo, and he tried like crazy to keep that promise.  He failed, and I don't suppose that puppetmaster  (Muslim Brotherhood?) was at all happy about it.  BooHoo!

2. Stacie L profile image87
        Stacie Lposted 3 months agoin reply to this

I agree that he didnt fit in and that 5 years as a captive was punishment enough.

working