jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (27 posts)

Trump Out Does Himself Yet Again

1. Paul Winngert profile image60
    Paul Winngertposted 4 weeks ago

Today the useless pos (I never use the president's name because that would be showing respect) issues the CDC list of forbidden words: “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” “fetus,” “evidence-based” and “science-based"
    Take a break, orange man-baby. There's no need to embarrass himself and this nation every day!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national … e4e9e57576

2. Paul Winngert profile image60
    Paul Winngertposted 4 weeks ago

The few orange man-baby supporters are like:
    https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13825727.jpg

1. ahorseback profile image80
      ahorsebackposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1. PrettyPanther profile image83
        PrettyPantherposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Impressed by the likeness to you, eh?

Sorry, couldn't resist. big_smile

3. Aime F profile image84
    Aime Fposted 4 weeks ago

I genuinely don’t understand and would be interested to hear what the reasoning behind forbidding the use of each word is.

I’m trying not to jump to the worst possible conclusions but as far as “transgender” specifically is concerned I’m not sure what other conclusions there are.

Yes, and what is wrong with using the term, "science-based"?

4. ahorseback profile image80
    ahorsebackposted 4 weeks ago

Trump , as is most of America , is tired of the new media dialog since Obama's  Fascist rebooting  of the English language  .
    Pretty simple people ;

--Ideological supposition took over the language of science 
    --Sub-elementary intellectualism took over traditional political dialog from the left
    --Our news media today is written by twelve year old experts
    --College graduates entering the media market have never been more immature
    --The once glorious party of the left has devolved so badly as to render it childlike

How would each of you address a four year old's political tantrums?

Paul Winngertposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

ahorseback calls Obama a fascist but loves the orange banana republic dictator.

How childish .....................You always seem to regress to childish remarks when beaten back by truth itself .

Paul Winngertposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Childish? Beaten back? LMAO. How is pointing out your hypocrisy.childish?

No one in these forums acts as infantile as in your postings.
            And you want to be taken seriously ?

2. Aime F profile image84
      Aime Fposted 4 weeks agoin reply to this

Can you tell me how you think all of these things are related to each specific word that was banned?

I guess a horseback is allergic to answering questions. I'm still waiting for him to tell me what the Clintons did that qualifies as treason, since he stated they did commit treason in another thread.

1. Aime F profile image84

I expect to wake up in the morning to a list of each word and how the points he’s brought up (and maybe some new ones) apply to why he thinks those words were chosen. I feel good about it! I think he can do it!

sad

5. ahorseback profile image80
    ahorsebackposted 4 weeks ago

For all the obstructionists , if you're interested in a fact .  My understanding in a news article  was that this all is directed at applications for federal funding  by that center ?
    ie.....FUNDING .

Can you be more specific about this "fact"? The article referred to budget documents.

New York Times article for one , read the wording ,  ".......when used in Budget Requests....." This to me sounds more of a technical financial process issue than  singular word bans .

Why do you think these words were chosen specifically for budget requests and how does that relate to “Ideological supposition,” “Sub-elementary intellectualism,” “immature college graduates,” etc.?

Politically influenced word wars is being addressed for policy . What's so hard about that too understand ? If for instance every dollar requested for say planned parenthood  medical operation financing  had a  lead in that stated  ' transgender  ' as having some cause to an operation , no one see's the problem there ?

A lot of people , a majority perhaps  ? , don't agree with the "transgender" as cause for financing a tax payer funded operation. 

But hey , who am I to want real justification for my tax dollar?

But that’s making a pretty big leap... there are lots of things the CDC could put forward using the word “transgender” that don’t involve tax payer funded operations.

What about “vulnerable” or “diversity”? What’s the problem with those?

The media  plays word games , "climate change" becomes "global warming" etc. I know you  get the politisizing  of certain  language  ? my pet -peeve  is "assault weapons " ,   now if every new gun law was addressed  as being a law about  "assault weapons '  do you not see the problem with a bird hunter buying a simple shotgun ?   These are not big leaps  Aime .

But this is not the media, this is the CDC. It is their job to provide science and evidence based information to help improve people’s lives and health. And now they can’t even say as much because “science-based” and “evidence-based” are apparently too definitive... do you not recognize how silly that is? They take away some words like “vulnerable” and “diversity” presumably because they’re too emotive while taking away others because they’re not emotive enough.

There’s also nothing political about the word “transgender.” It’s not the word you guys take issue with, let’s be honest.

Transgender is by all science , a mental issue no one of physiology ,  which makes it political and emotive . Science and evidence would serve us all well yet emoting and politisixzing IS justnew wave science of the left and so an Obama era invention for policy ?
                    Please !

Science and evidence based ? Sure , let's do it.

2. Aime F profile image84

So why do you believe that each word was chosen in regards to funding?

working