jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

If you were given the authority to make one Law in your Country, what would it b

1. Lady_E profile image76
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

If you were given the authority to make one Law in your Country, what would it be?

2. MARK DILIT profile image47
    MARK DILITposted 8 years ago

I will strictly pass a law which will retrieve the money present in the swiss bank to our nation,
    i will make a law of issuing money for the couple who loved each other before marrying,

3. Eaglekiwi profile image82
    Eaglekiwiposted 8 years ago

hmm good question
    and not easy.
    ok heres mine.

Banks to charge very low interest ,or alternatively pay the same amount of interest to account holders as they demand (for themselves) when they loan out

4. Murilion profile image61
    Murilionposted 8 years ago

interesthing question,my answer is,government should not sale ,oil resources to abroad,just like venezuelians does,

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 8 years ago

My one law would be, every year, the number of existing laws has to be reduced by 10%.  (And no typical political weaseling such as combining laws to reduce the count.)

6. diogenes profile image69
    diogenesposted 8 years ago

Equal protection under the law for all other life forms who share this marvellous universe with us, as far as this could be possible.  I mean, easy to do for dogs, cats and horses, etc., but hard for cockroaches, if you get my drift.  But right now, swine are getting off with a slap on the wrist in the courts for all sorts of mindless cruelty against animals.

7. someonewhoknows profile image75
    someonewhoknowsposted 8 years ago

I would make it illegal to make or pass any law that would force the people to obey any law that was not approved by the less than 75 percent of the people.It's been said that you can't legistate morality.I agree with that assessment.All we can hope for is,that at least a overwelling majority agrees with each other on what everyone should abid by. Any law made by a minority would be crazy,just as a law made by one person as in a dictatorship or even a monarchy especially if they are not benevelent.However that efinitely is not my idea of freedom even if it was benevelent.The way I see it we only need to protect ourselves from evil.Who be evil people would not see benevelence as a good thing as long as we also have our freedom to self determination as to what is benevelent.