What do you believe President Obama should do about the situation in Afghanistan

1. Kebennett1 profile image59
    Kebennett1posted 8 years ago

What do you believe President Obama should do about the situation in Afghanistan?

2. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

The historical facts tell us to follow the right path. Having being a powerful country since centuries, America had to retreat from North Korea, Vietnam, and Iraq. In the long run it is not practical to continue with the war however powerful a country may be! Of course the country should not go away to achieve the objective. In Afghanistan it is necessary to work with reliable local force and at the same time to raise the friendship with adjacent countries besides Pakistan to take active part in the control of terrorism.

3. neil macmillan profile image56
    neil macmillanposted 8 years ago

Unlike the war in Iraq, there is a strong motivation to the war in Afghanistan, namely finding, rooting out and destroying Osama bin Laden and Al Qaeda's ability to wage terrorist acts on the world. I believe this is a war that we must unequivocably win. Yes, I realize that doing so won't end all terroristic activity. Yes I also understand that war is a drain on the economy but the point here is that Al Qaeda has vowed to destroy us and we must accept that we are in a situation that requires we do all in our power to stop them. So we must utilize all the resources and manpower we can muster to end Al Qaeda's threat permanently.

Closed to reply

working