Does death penalty still have its place in the U.S.?

1. CoolBunch profile image69
    CoolBunchposted 8 years ago

Does death penalty still have its place in the U.S.?

2. commisioner profile image56
    commisionerposted 8 years ago

yes!!!!! our prison system has gone too far in protecting the rights of convicted felons. did you know that because of the aids virus, they now have congecal visits for prisoners. the penalties have lost their power to dissuade people from committing crimes. hell, 3 hots and a cot and even some sex and the rent is free!!! and now people want the death penalty to go away.  back in the 80's a riot happened at walpole state prison. it started because the tv in the rec room was not fixed fast enough for the inmates. prison is still not the chosen lifestyle for most, but it ain't what it was. with death row inmates waiting 20 years or more for sentence, they live better than we do. maybe longer than they would on the streets. once convicted of such a hanous crime as to receive the death penalty and all appeals are  gone through, do it quickly. each of those inmates costs you and i 80 grand or more a year to house them. we give them the best medical care so they are healthy when they die. it makes no sense to me.

3. SpanStar profile image60
    SpanStarposted 7 years ago

I wish there wasn't a needed for the death penalty unfortunately the evil that men do is more then shocking.  Strangers victimize innocent people that even the devil himself has to blush.  Stabbing a woman in the neck while she's held prisoner because she won't cut on a man also a prisoner in this idiots basement is real bad.  Dragging a man down a road until he's dead with their pickup truck is beyond belief and to think these aren't even as bad as it gets...just recently a new born baby sitting in a car and a gun man shoots the child because he could find the parents.  Oh we need the death penalty because we have no other way of dealing with monsters.

working