jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What do you think about the couple who got through security and attended the sta

1. Deidra26 profile image53
    Deidra26posted 8 years ago

What do you think about the couple who got through security and attended the state dinner?

They got close to the President, vice-president, chief of staff etc- does that secuirty breach tells you anything about the state of security of the president or the country?

2. pippap profile image85
    pippapposted 8 years ago

I think it was one of the biggest embarrassments of the Obama administration.  There obviously needs to be an investigation into the security procedures not only at the White House; but, also when the President is away from Washington.

I also think that the desire to be on a reality TV show has become such a mania that people are willing to do absolutely anything to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I think this couple was; at best, very foolish to compromise the security surrounding the President in an attempt draw attention to themselves for a spot on a Reality TV show.

Fortunately, nothing went wrong.

3. Deidra26 profile image53
    Deidra26posted 8 years ago

I think it was certainly an embarrassment, and perhaps have caused some individuals, specifically opponents, to question whether or not this indicates anything about the secuirty of the country. With that being said, it is certainly good that nothing bad happened to the President, Vice-President or any of the other dignataries. Also, there is a silver lining in the unfortunate event though, that is, the security procedures must be re-evaluated because a lapse in security measures CANNOT EVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!

Nevertheless, it is almost troubling that it took place anyway because it could have been anyone else- who knows?, and the outcome could've been quite different.

4. Silver Poet profile image74
    Silver Poetposted 8 years ago

They actually did us a favor by showing us where our weakness lies before something worse could happen.

They intended their actions to further their own selfish designs, but we can glean a little good from it.

5. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

No doubt, it is a major security lapse and embarrassment for the President. But a mistake teaches a lesion. Definitely necessary steps would be taken for future protection.

6. mrstorms profile image52
    mrstormsposted 8 years ago

I think it's a real scary thought. if you can breech sercurity to get that close to the president of the free world, what can realy be protected. It also show that or counrty is more worried about if Tiger has a lady on the side then the security of our president.

working