What is the best way to address world poverty?
Ok, well, this seems like a huge topic, but there are a variety of ways to approach this question -- so le'ts start some debate on the issue...
With 10% of what is spent on arms we can end world hunger. Imagine how life would be if the other 90% of the arms budget went toward improving people’s lives!
there is a good book that was written in the US. i forget who wrote it but its called "The 2% Solution" which basically argues that by utilizing only 2% of the U.S's total GDP, they could have universal healthcare.
Concerning poverty, I suppose stronger international agreements is a stepping-stone, but the real barrier to any true success - is the reality of global discriminatory energy policies. Povery is used as leverage to justify environmental regulatory policies
The first step should be how to focus this issue in the minds of those who care. Until it is viewed as a pandemnic to society as a whole, people will not pay attention. Then educate, educate, educate...
Not saying let other's go hungry, but if you look at all the aid we give to other country's, and take some of those resources and put it back into our own, i think i could help in some kind of a way.
Since you are not a world leader you cannot do anything about world poverty.
Since you are not the leader of your country you cannot do anything about poverty in your country.
But since you live in your neighbourhood you can take the initiative to get engaged locally in the issues you feel strongly about. There will be 2 consequences: 1- You will discover why people end up living in poverty in your area. 2- People will watch your impact and will be encouraged to follow your lead.
I also wrote a hub page about micro-finance which may give you ideas.
Promote birth control and abortion. Stop "rescuing" (or trying to) failed families and cultures. Yeah, this will get a lot of "down" votes, but any other suggestions will not solve (or alleviate) the problems of overpopulation and stupid cultures and religions). So, go ahead, keep wringing your hands and trying to pee into the wind.
by Scott Belford 7 months ago
One of the favorite claims by the Right-wing is that once a citizen receives welfare, they are wedded to it for life. Now I know (hope) that is just so much hyperbole but the point they are making is that once welfare is given, it is a long-term affair.Can any of you who believe that PROVE...
by Alina-Cristina 2 years ago
How would our world be like without religion?Would humans be able to find inside a moral compass to guide them towards good?
by Terry Harman 4 years ago
What do you think would be one of the best steps we could take towards ending poverty?
by koralee1999 6 years ago
what is the best cheapest way to educate myself with online marketing.I am a mid 30 year old man with a familly of 4 . My income is the only one coming in and I work in a factory. So i am pretty much always broke. I am very interseted in online marketing and would really like to know...
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|