jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When Obama became President, how was America perceived in the World? And what ha

1. ixwa profile image86
    ixwaposted 8 years ago

When Obama became President, how was America perceived in the World? And what has, if anything, chan

2. Presigo profile image60
    Presigoposted 8 years ago

America was thought to be a bit of a bully then and yet feared. Now I believe the fear factor is gone and we are somewhat pitied for our economic outlook.

3. Caterino profile image60
    Caterinoposted 7 years ago

America is a super power to the rest of the world.  He are a young country and the strongest. Enter Obama.  Bows before other leaders and tell them we were wrong for thriving and being strong.  The U.S. President is the highest leader in the free world.  He bows to no man.  Obama is an amateur at best

4. Ken Crow profile image59
    Ken Crowposted 6 years ago

I talk to people from quite a few places globally. America was once revered globally. We were viewed as someone to look up too. Today we are nothing but a joke. Do you honestly think the Muslim Brotherhood would be trying this garbage under Ronald Reagan? Oh Ghadafi did once, then it was silence for decades.

Today my friends, America is looked at as weak, fat and lazy. We are laughed at by our enemies for they know we will not do anything. I mean let's be real here. Obama is arming the rebels in Libya (per CIA documents), and the rebels it turns out are our old friends Al QUIDA...( DIFFERENT SPELLINGS).

At any rate, the world is not stupid my friend. In answer to your question, NO, we have lost the respect, not to mention the fear of our enemies and because of that ? The respect of our friends...Even Israel is afraid now. It truly is ashame. Liberalism, Progressivism or whatever you want to call it,  is by nature weak, and those that follow it are in my opinion, are cowards. You can see the results...

working