How long does it take for marijuana to get totally out of your system?Is it dang

1. profile image48
    help usposted 8 years ago

How long does it take for marijuana to get totally out of your system?Is it danger to deny your body

My husband and I have been smoking weed for about 12 years everyday 4-5 times a day.  Last week we just stopped it suddenly.  (New years resolution).  We have been having hot and cold sweats, nausea, pounding headaches, dirreaha ect as described it should happen.  Today my husband felt dizzy and fell at work and hurt himself.  He just shakes alot.  WE don't crave it now, but some ppl say do it sometimes then stop.  We don't want to touch it now.  Should we tell our family doctor?  Is there medication to stop all the things happening to our body?

2. Nick B profile image81
    Nick Bposted 8 years ago

It's a habit alright and it takes about three months to leave the system, however, it can take longer to get over the habit.

A friend of ours has recently given up for good and has had similar symptoms to the ones you describe. He didn't tell his doc at first - he was embarrassed, but after losing a lot of weight, he felt he had no choice.

Apparently, the doctor was very helpful and you may find he prescribes something to help, but I can't guarantee that as it's down to you and the doctor.

3. Matt in Jax profile image70
    Matt in Jaxposted 6 years ago

Always better to consult your physician as opposed to not if you're feeling negative symptoms like those you've described.

working