What would you say Canada's biggest social problem is, and how do you think we s

1. Kharisma1980 profile image76
    Kharisma1980posted 7 years ago

What would you say Canada's biggest social problem is, and how do you think we should resolve it?

2. profile image53
    Jane Taxpayerposted 7 years ago

Since no one else has answered in two months, I'll get the ball rolling. Obviously, I'm a "Single-Issue" writer, so I'm a bit biased, but I truly believe that Canada's biggest social problem is homelessness and poverty.

According to U.N. Law, housing is a human right, and according to my research, very few of the homeless are lazy or addicts. in fact, over 60% of the homeless in my own city are employed.

An example of why this issue keeps going unresolved: There is a high level of reserve homelessness, i.e. homelessness on native reserves. The provinces refuse to fund an on-reserve homeless program because Indian Affairs is Federal jurisdiction. Feds refuse to fund an on-reserve program because homelessness is Provincial jusrisdiction.

Because of poor data, or no real research, just actions taken on assumptions to appear popular to the "common everyman" nothing in the end ever gets done to help this group of people in need.

3. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i think that immagration is our biggest single social problem. our laws are too lax and we tend to let too many people who have no idea what canada is about live here. due to this we are becoming a country that is separating into many different groups without any real common interests. we are too soft on people who move here and commit criminal offenses and we give in to rediculous requests too easily. kind of makes me wonder how long before shari law is allowed here.