jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How has Arizona's stance on illegal immigration affected your travel plans this

1. wannabwestern profile image91
    wannabwesternposted 7 years ago

How has Arizona's stance on illegal immigration affected your travel plans this summer?

Arizona has passed a controversial state law giving law enforcement more power to have potential illegal immigrants detained. This law is so controversial that it has inspired several municipalities outside the state to officially ban Arizona as a travel designation for conferences and business meetings. Where do you stand on this controversy?

2. TheWicklessCandle profile image54
    TheWicklessCandleposted 7 years ago

Not only does it make me want to visit Arizona, it makes me want to live there.

I thank Arizona for their example.

3. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 7 years ago

Hmm I suppose there are a number of places in this world that have strict regulations for those that visit. Only in the U.S. Are people thin skinned and shocked by this. If you go to Europe you have to use your passport just about everywhere to get logging which is a way for interpol and local police to keep tabs on where you are should even a hint of mischief be attached to your name.  Most countries around the world reserve the right to kick you out of their countries due to any excuse you might give them. Most countries don't even allow immigration in the strictest sense of the word.  So long as Arizona's statute isn't found in violation of the constitution then I see no harm in their enforcement of it.  It should be interesting to see how the dust settles though.

4. TinaMarieTad profile image78
    TinaMarieTadposted 7 years ago

It has not affected my travel plans. Unemployment and lack of jobs have affected my travel plans for the past two years and counting. Vacation? What person can afford that with the economy in the condition it is in? Oh, yeah, Goverment workers can!

5. profile image49
    NoAmnestyposted 7 years ago

It has not affected my travel plans. Since we just moved to South Carolina from Ohio we are investigating the areas a little closer to home. But if I had made plans to go to Arizona it would not affect them nor would I not consider Arizona if I were looking for a vacation spot.

6. profile image79
    Hxprofposted 7 years ago

If I'd made plans to visit AZ this year I'd still be going and I'd stay even longer than I'd planned.

I've visited AZ before and absolutely love it there.  I hope to go out that way soon.

Closed to reply

working