jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

I've heard the states are broke so are we the disabled and elderly going to end

1. profile image46
    nanamary205posted 7 years ago

I've heard the states are broke so are we the disabled and elderly going to end up on the streets?

How bad are things going to get?

2. scramble profile image65
    scrambleposted 7 years ago

The government keeps spending money it doesn't have thinking that the next administration will have to clean up the mess......always the next administration. In reality they just get the Fed to print more money thereby creating inflation so the money we have worked for and saved is worth peanuts. We'll all end up on the streets unless we start taking people like Ron Paul more seriously.

3. ladybug75 profile image56
    ladybug75posted 7 years ago

I would hope not.  As families and communities we cannot allow that to happen. The hard part of the problem is that economic trends and government programs aside our population pyramid is beginning the shift to the inverted pyramid. This means that the number of elderly are increasing and the number of adult workers are decreasing. So you have less and less people paying in to the programs to take care of more and more elderly. The population shift is no ones fault it is just reality. It happens in most industrialized nations.
    No matter what the government is doing we as citizen can do our best to support our own family members and contribute to community based efforts to care for the elderly and the disabled. It is so very expensive. My Grandfather was looking into a facility and it was not the Ritz by any means and the price tag was $7,000 a month! Ouch! Now that both mothers and fathers have to work to support the family rather than one parent working outside the home and one running the home it is harder to care for elderly parents or grandparents.

4. M.s Fowler profile image39
    M.s Fowlerposted 7 years ago

Awww how sad I hope that doesn't happen!

5. dabeaner profile image56
    dabeanerposted 7 years ago

The whole system is broken.  People turned out onto the streets while houses and apartments stand empty due to foreclosures and evictions.

http://hubpages.com/hub/america-what-we … the-answer

working