jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Have you heard of the statement 'Money is the root of all evil', do you think th

1. telltale profile image77
    telltaleposted 7 years ago

Have you heard of the statement 'Money is the root of all evil', do you think this is true?

2. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no i don't. it's not money but greed . power and the need to control is the root of all evil in my eyes. of course money is part of it but if you know ultra-wealthy people you realise that money is the by-product but greed and power are what they really want.

3. The Power Glider profile image60
    The Power Gliderposted 7 years ago

Nightwork has the right idea I think.  It's not money that's the root, it's what we do with it and why we seek it that can trip us up. There are many folks who are wealthy who donate to charities and churches. who work at improving the lives of others.  Money can make good things possible too, just ask any charity.

4. bjspivey-rivers profile image72
    bjspivey-riversposted 7 years ago

This is an incorrect quote from the Bible. The correct saying is "the love of money is the root of all (kinds of ) evil, for which some have strayed from the faith in their greediness and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." (1 Timothy 6:10, New King James Version)   The "love of money" refers to greed.  Yes, greed leads to many evil behaviors and brings sorrow to people.

working