Hello , I am Ashutosh Pati, got married on Dec'05 and staying in Mumbai since l

  1. profile image44
    ashutosh.patiposted 7 years ago

    Hello  ,
    I am Ashutosh Pati, got married on Dec'05 and staying in Mumbai since last four years...

    in my own home. I am in process of getting a Marriage Certificate. I have got the form from municipality office and filled the form and done all the formalities (Affidavit etc.). Today when I was about to submit the form, I was told by Municipality officer that if the marriage happened outside of Maharastra, then they will not able to provide the mariege Certificate. I was told today only , i have been visiting the office since last 1 month. I tried to convince her but she is not willing to accept.

    Could anyone help me in this regard, is there any other way to get the marriage certificate,

  2. profile image46
    mrinal.m2002posted 7 years ago

    As per me you can get marriage certificate from mumbai muncipality as per Hindu marriage act 1955,but you have to produce residential proof of both parties of mumbai like voter card,Driving License,passport,MTNL Bill.if your wife has no any mumbai residential proof then you can give affidavit in her favour.you have to also submit age proof of both parties like 10th certificate,DL,Birth certificate,passoprt,marriage proof like marriage card,affidavit,photo.yadi phir bhi na mane to ush clerk ko kuch money de dena tab apka kam promptly kar degi.
    Best wishes for your Happy Marriage Life