Do you think that ur local police have ur best interest in mind?
No I don't. I think police officers are more focused on going to get free coffee and free doughtnuts wherever it's available.
That depends on whether you live in an urban, rural, or suburban environment, the atmosphere of that environment and of the local police department, and the ethics of individual officers.
There is no single answer.
People join the police force for all manner of reasons. Some, I think, really do join to serve the community. There are plenty of good guys and gals in there. They realize the importance of the job. Others see it as an opportunity to perhaps 'lord it over' others. They desire power. And still - and I suspect it's a tiny minority - to take advantage of opportunities to make some dishonest money. But I point out, very few would fall into that category today, compared with, say, fifty years ago.
A big problem for police, I think, is they are obliged to deal with many people who do not represent your 'typical' citizen. Rather, they're drawn into dealing with people who are - I'll be kind - immature. These are our juvenile deliquents, our petty criminals, those who are not honest people compared with the majority. In other words, police are continually exposed to those elements of society which cause society's troubles and woes. This creates cynicism, lack of trust. They so often see people at their worst and they begin to think that this is what the whole of society is like.
We see a lot of 'cop' television and films, but fighting criminals probably represents about 10% of what police actually do. The other 90% is involved in keeping society running smoothy: traffic control and accidents, search and rescue, serving warrants, sorting out domestic arguments, going to court- all manner of things.
Do your local police have your best interest in mind? Do you have your bosses best interest in mind when you go to work?
by peter565 8 months ago
Can officers of local police agency arrest Federal police agents?I always wonder how this work. Because for example, image, the FBI is investigating a case of corruption in local police, so the corrupt local police officer, make the first move and arrest charge the FBI agent on a rape case they...
by IAmForbidden 4 years ago
Have you encountered one reader that became obssessed with your hubs and reliving every poem you have written?i've been receiving abusive comments from my hubs from one hubber..actually, he's not a writer or hubber here in HP but he had created one account so as to keep track with my writings. he...
by ptosis 14 months ago
Police brutal force; acceptable to you? Are we giving tacit approval by doing nothing?We Pay A Shocking Amount For Police Misconduct, And Cops Want Us Just To Accept It. We Shouldn’t! 7 point restraint - not being transported. 25-year-old Ohio woman is suing police in Dayton for cruel...
by K.D. Clement 8 years ago
If you were giving a child up for adoption would it be in the child's best interest to go to a relative or to someone unrelated to you?
by Mike Russo 6 years ago
Is the US government running the country in our best interest or the corporations?
by Ralph Schwartz 6 days ago
Franklin County Ohio - Adult Film actress and stripper Stormy Daniels was arrested yesterday while wearing only a G-String. She is being charged with illegally touching an undercover police woman while performing her act. Charged with touching the officer's buttocks (both hands), the...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|