jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

With all the problems facing the world today are you more tolerate of the world

1. "Clouds Among Us" profile image65
    "Clouds Among Us"posted 7 years ago

With all the problems facing the world today are you more tolerate of the world today, than you...

than you...were last say 10 years ago. Everyday each of us is faced with new challenges, new goals, new destinations. Has this made you more tolerate of the world as we see it today.

2. H.C Porter profile image82
    H.C Porterposted 7 years ago

I would have to say yes. That the larger problems that we see in today’s world make me step back and tolerate some of the little annoyances that would have probably bothered me 10 years ago. On the same note- It may not be just the issues the world is facing, it is also the fact that in the past 10 years I have grown as a person and I am sure, understand the significance of the issues pertaining to today when I didn’t fully understand the problems of yesterday. I would have to say that both my understanding of certain struggles as well as the significance of the struggles today-make me a much more patient and more tolerant woman than I was 10 years ago in regards to the issues we face as a whole because of the economy- differences between countries as well as personal ups and downs I face as an individual.

3. Lost soul 999 profile image55
    Lost soul 999posted 7 years ago

One can look at it this way ... Life is a Journey not a Destination. iT DOENSt really matter.

4. Lor's Stories profile image60
    Lor's Storiesposted 4 years ago

If we aren't more tolerant we will have our heads blown off.
    It's an age- old question.
    I tolerate all faiths and all races.
    If we don't accept or tolerate others we are doomed to destroy ourselves,
    But as I said even in biblical times there were problems.
    They settled their issues by crucifying Christ.
    We would probably do it again because we always repeat history.
    If only we could sit around and really talk we would be better off as a world

5. Say Yes To Life profile image79
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 4 years ago

Yes, I am more tolerant than I was a decade ago.  That's because 12 years ago, I suffered a nervous breakdown due to a series of traumas.  Some churches were helpful, some were not.  It led me to these conclusions; 1) There is no Santa Claus in any way, shape or form, and 2) There's more than one way to think.

I now judge a religion by its fruits, rather than how rigidly it holds to certain doctrines that make no sense.