jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

should we really be stocking up food and wate for December 21, 2012. There seems

1. profile image44
    jesmsposted 7 years ago

should we really be stocking up food and wate for December 21, 2012. There seems to be a lot of...

hipe out there

2. profile image0
    ComputerRewiredposted 7 years ago

Really? This is all a big hype. Really.. isn't it the bloody inevitable that a circular piece of stone would run out of space and would be labled "end of the world". The world has a better things to worry about. In short, no, nothing to worry about.

3. chan0512 profile image61
    chan0512posted 7 years ago

No, better prepare for today and tomorrow than prepare for distant future. No one can know whether you can be alive beyond that. smile

4. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

I can only tell you this my friend:"If a man don't something;he will fall for anything".

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 7 years ago

Nope! It's going to be just another day.
    I'm not sure why every generation is hell bent on having the end of the world take place during their life time.
    Back in 1975 Jehovah Wittnesses claimed the world would be destroyed, there were rumors about 1984, and Y2K.
    Each time there is a rash of bad weather, hurricanes, earth quakes, new diseases, more advances torwards a "cashless society", or the threat of war in the Middle East....etc All these things are looked as a signs of "The End Times".

There is nothing wrong with setting aside an emergency kit and some can food items just as you would in case there was a severe storm that caused a loss of power.
    The planet has been around for billions of years there is no reason to believe it will come to an end in 2 years.
    In fact I'm betting life will be going strong in 3000 A.D. and beyond!

6. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 7 years ago

You said hype. It is only hype. The mayans themselves have not subscribed to this idea. there will always be such rumors, the Bible says so, but no one knows the end except God!!

7. Joe Badtoe profile image59
    Joe Badtoeposted 7 years ago

Damn!!

I thought the world had ended I've been eating out of cans since 1984. Does this mean I can leave my cave and rejoin the complicated mess that is the human race?

One thing I've taught myself to do since going into hiding is to transcend my thoughts through the medium of esp and get them to land in an internet forum. This is remarkable given that I do not know what an internet forum is .

Wow look at the length of my toenails!

working