What is your take on December 21, 2012?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. whitacre1880 profile image62
    whitacre1880posted 11 years ago

What is your take on December 21, 2012?

I'm just curious to see how people feel about "the end of the world." Is it all a fact? Maybe a myth? Or maybe some government conspiracy? Give me your input on this topic!!

2. Goody5 profile image60
    Goody5posted 11 years ago

I have to agree with a lot of the points in this hub - http://theholestory.hubpages.com/hub/Th … n-calendar Besides since we have leap days now then it may have already passed.

whitacre1880posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I do see some good points to this hub as well. Thanks you for sharing that hub with me!

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Just another day, and four days before Christmas.

4. whitacre1880 profile image62
    whitacre1880posted 11 years ago

this is something i found while researching about this. whats your feelings on this as well?

" The current era (known to the Mayans as a baktun) does end on December 21, 2012. However, the world will not end; the calendar simply rolls over to the next baktun. It’s very similar to the Gregorian date of January 1, 2000.
    And just like we celebrated the beginning of the new millennium, the Mayans would have celebrated the beginning of a new baktun."

1. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I wrote a Hub on this you may want to check out.

2. whitacre1880 profile image62

Can you share that link with me?

3. profile image0
    4. whitacre1880 profile image62

Thank you for that. That was very well written and very interesting!

5. profile image0

You are very welcome whitacre.

5. ThompsonPen profile image64
    ThompsonPenposted 11 years ago

It's my birthday that day!
    I think that we have a great many miscalculations. However. I also think that we are coming into a new era, one which will make us or break us. I think the next century or so is going to be an extremely interesting one. But end of the world is not what I think is coming.

6. Bradley Coldbrook profile image60
    Bradley Coldbrookposted 11 years ago

http://bradleycoldbrook.hubpages.com/hu … Armageddon
    Time To Evolve Our Faith
    To Hell With Armageddon

Those who claim such doomful days

use scripture as their source,

but prophets gave their warnings

to prevent such woeful course.

Even though their words were true,

which told of trauma down the road,

they were statements of what’s coming,

if proper care was not bestowed.

To surrender to acceptance

that evil ways will rule the day,

insisting humans have no chance

because it’s what the prophets say,

is the attitude of quitters,

who resign to giving up,

who say “that’s just the way It’s Written,

thus, it’s vain to interrupt.”

As sure as we are living,

and create what is to be,

it is up to us to be the ones

who evolve humanity.

No more using lame excuses

“That’s just the way it’s meant to be . . .”

Only if we do not listen,

or choose the lazy way to see.

For scores of generations,

each one Chicken Little’d the same,

interpreting each challenge

as “The End”, which never came.

Every storm, or drought, or famine,

pestilence, or disease,

were reacted to with someone saying

“It’s all in the prophecies,

and there’s nothing we can do . . .”

but to heck with that, let’s be real,

and make the most of each new day new!

As sure as Jonah had lamented

his spoken doom did not come true,

what good is any warning

if it doesn’t alter what we do?

To those who say we’re all just doomed

to drink the cup of wrath,

only if we choose such ignorance,

must we know such aftermath.

Instead of being foolish,

and surrendering to doom,

let’s unite around the world,

so to the heavens we can bloom!

Understanding where we came from,

and where we’ve proven we can go,

let our faith remain steadfast

that to the stars, as friends, we’ll grow.

Bradley Coldbrook

December

7. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 11 years ago

Everyone I know of is talking about Christmas and plans for next year.
    Out of the 7 billion people walking this planet I sort of doubt most people believe OMG! there are only 4 more weeks to go before the world comes to end! lol!

maybe not most, but there are definitely some

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)