jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Am I diffrent from other teenagers because i'm adopted?

1. profile image51
    Kuruchi25posted 7 years ago

Am I diffrent from other teenagers because i'm adopted?

2. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

No, there is no difference except that you're not with your biological parents. My husband was adopted (at the age of 13), and several very good friends, and there was absolutely nothing different about them as compared to everyone else as a result. Everyone is unique and has differences, but there is certainly no negative differentiation because of something like adoption.

3. sofs profile image83
    sofsposted 7 years ago

YES YOU ARE! You are chosen while we did not have  that wonderful opportunity of choosing our own children. I believe this a very special relationship , even more special than natural parent child relationship. I have a nephew and a niece who were adopted and they are family, more loved and appreciated.
    Do not ever think of yourself as different or inferior!!
    Remember you are special!
    God bless! and best wishes!

4. RevRainbowlady profile image61
    RevRainbowladyposted 7 years ago

Yes, you are different from other teenagers, but not just because you are adopted. You are different because you are a unique individual. Everyone is different from everyone else. Even twins are not truly identical because they have different personalities.

Different also does not mean better or worse. Being adopted is different from most kids, but that also means that your parents absolutely wanted and planned to have you as part of their family. Kids who are not adopted may not be able to say that with any degree of certainty. I love both my sons with all my heart, but neither one of them was planned.

5. juiwei2000 profile image60
    juiwei2000posted 7 years ago

Look, man we are all different in our own way, teen or not teen.

Genetically, racially, family background, life experience, but that do not mean e.g. we are either superior or inferior.

working