jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If a homeless woman asked you for spare change to eat how would you react?

1. gg.zaino profile image83
    gg.zainoposted 7 years ago

If a homeless woman asked you for spare  change to eat how would you react?

This person looks as though she were standing at deaths door, her clothes are tattered - her skin leathery and yellowed - and she is pushing a shopping cart full of all her earthly belongings.  You believe she has been drinking and she smells awful...

2. shanebarry1 profile image58
    shanebarry1posted 7 years ago

I would give her what change i had in my wallet

3. kaltopsyd profile image79
    kaltopsydposted 7 years ago

I would offer to buy her something to eat. That way you can differentiate between a con artist and a true, suffering soul. If she denies food, she's not really hungry. (I've had personal experience).

4. bjspivey-rivers profile image72
    bjspivey-riversposted 7 years ago

Some of these people are mentally ill, and some have drug or alcohol abuse problems, but some, even of these, are really hungry.  If there was food nearby, I would offer to buy some for them.  If not, I'd probably give some spare change.

5. puebloman profile image60
    pueblomanposted 7 years ago

I would (xxxxxxxxxmy answer is too shortxxxxxxx) buy her some food

6. ExpandYourMind profile image73
    ExpandYourMindposted 7 years ago

I'd give her a few dollars if I had it and feel thankful I'm not in the same situation -- at least not now.

7. Thunder Vixen profile image59
    Thunder Vixenposted 7 years ago

I would either buy her food or give her some change, a lot of people you wouldn't expect are in this situation and people ignore it everyday. I think it's sick. My mom is homeless however usually has money for food from her disability (which is why she has no job)  which is only enough for food but not her shelter. Sometimes she does run out because she helps the other homeless buy food, and so from this understanding of my mom. I would give almost any homeless person change even if they had been drinking. For all you know they were given the beer or found it in the trash...which does happen a lot.

8. ryancarter profile image61
    ryancarterposted 7 years ago

Every time someone asks me for money, I give them 5 bucks or so.  I know that some of these people probably use it for drugs or alcohol, but some of them might actually use it for food.

I remember I found the exact same Ashley sofa and loveseat that we were looking for in a BigLots Furniture store.  I saved like 90 bucks on it.  As I was walking out to my car, a guy and his wife pulled up beside me in a beat up old Blazer.  They told me that they needed some gas money to get to where they were going, and in the backseat I saw their children.  The kids seemed happy enough, and even talked to me a little bit.

The guy said that he could sell me some of his tools that he had in the back, but I kinda thought they were stolen.  I just handed him the 90 bucks that I saved on the couches, and told him not to worry about it.  I really don't know what he actually did with the money, but I could tell that he was tearing up when he pulled off. 

Either he felt bad about taking my money, or he was genuinely moved.  Everybody needs a little nudge every now and then, including me.  I've been knocked on my butt so many times (mostly by my own bad decisions), I just feel that some people deserve a little help.

9. profile image51
    megan17609posted 7 years ago

i will be okay. cause i feel bad for them

Closed to reply

working