It's the 9th anniversary since 9/11. How have things changed since that fateful day?
Answer however you wish. I encourage everyone to answer--even Muslims. (Because, yes, muslims did die in the attacks).
The obvious answers are:
1) Airport security is tighter. National security is a higher priority and it is tighter in general.
2) Prejudice towards Muslims and anyone who is or appears to be of Middle Eastern descent has increased.
3) Americans have become more patriotic. Proud and protective of our country. Being American in and of itself has become a unifying commonality.
4) Ironic in the presence of #3, general prejudice (overall, not targeted) seems to have reduced. We did vote Obama in after all (or maybe that's unrelated).
5) Education and knowledge of the Muslim religion, and it's different sects has increased.
6) Acknowledgment and appreciation of the work our military, police and fireman do has increased.
7) We (Americans) have a greater appreciation of the (relative) peace and civility that we usually take for granted in our country. There is no war on our soil and we are not as poverty stricken as other (smaller and third world) countries.
8) We appreciate our loved ones more. 9/11 was like having the rug snatched from under us. It was horrifying and so, so many people were lost. It proves that you never know what is going to happen, and no one is promised a new day.
9) We learned that our country has it's vulnerabilities, but we also have great strength, hope and optimism. We have showed a strong recovery from that tragedy, and we're still not done with the after effects, however we continue to forge ahead.
by NiaG3 years ago
Since things have kind of been changed up has anyone else felt the sting of low views...and longer updating times? Is this just another lull and things will pick back up or do we need to work harder to get more views in?
by Chris Mills3 years ago
On Friday, April 3rd, I chose two of my hubs with the highest hub scores and made one, distinct change. On Saturday, after seeing the results, I did the same thing to six more. First I will give my results,...
by Jackie Lynnley18 months ago
Why is that I wonder? I mean isn't it the Christians that are being persecuted and aren't they the ones we should be giving refuge to? Why are the numbers so very low compared to Muslim refugees? You would think the...
by The Examiner-14 years ago
In other words, I know that everybody will not have the same answer, but I was wondering this: Whether there are more who are unsatisfied or satisfied?
by Zara Rasul4 years ago
How has HubPages changed since the time you starting writing for the site?
by Mike Bouska8 years ago
My adsense earnings increase with every month that passes, but Amazon has slowed down to a low ebb(from 20-30 sales a month to 1 or 2, and since Ebay changed their affiliate model I went from regular payouts to nothing...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.