Christian refugees coming into America very low count.

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (128 posts)
  1. Jackie Lynnley profile image82
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years ago

Why is that I wonder? I mean isn't it the Christians that are being persecuted and aren't they the ones we should be giving refuge to? Why are the numbers so very low compared to Muslim refugees? You would think the numbers would be even at worst but no.

"(CNSNews.com) – The number of Syrian refugees admitted into the United States jumped to 1,037 during May – an increase of 130 percent over the previous month – but the proportion of Christians among them remains miniscule: two Christians (0.19 percent) compared to 1,035 Muslims.

May’s figure of 1,037 Syrian refugees brings the total number since the beginning of 2016 to 2,099 – compared to 2,192 for the whole of 2015, according to State Department Refugee Processing Center data.

Earlier years since the Syrian civil war began saw much smaller numbers arriving – 20 in 2011 (dated from mid-March); 41 in 2012; 45 in 2013; and 249 in 2014.

Of the 2,099 Syrian refugees admitted so far this year, six (0.28 percent) are Christians, 2,043 (97.3 percent) are Sunni Muslims. The remaining 50 are 17 (0.8 percent) Shi’a, 30 (1.4 percent) other Muslims and 10 (0.47 percent) Yazidis.

Similar proportions are seen in the number of Syrian refugees having arrived in the U.S. since the start of fiscal year 2016: 2,773 in total, comprising 12 (0.4 percent) Christians, 2,703 (97.4 percent) Sunnis, 17 (0.6 percent) Shi’a, 30 (1.1 percent) other Muslims and 10 (0.3 percent) Yazidis.

And since the conflict erupted, of a total of 4,646 Syrian refugees admitted, 60 (1.3 percent) are Christians; 4,422 (95.1 percent) are Sunni Muslims. The remaining 163 include Shi’a, other Muslims, Zoroastrians, Baha’i, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Yazidi, and refugees identified as “other religion” or as having “no religion.”

Syrians of all faith and ethnic backgrounds have been fleeing their homeland, with almost five million now registered by the U.N. refugee agency UNHCR as “persons of concern.”

They have done so to escape the violence and deprivation generally, or to get away specifically from ISIS, other jihadists rebel groups, or the Assad regime – which is itself a minority regime that has committed atrocities, including alleged war crimes, against majority Sunnis and others.

Although Syrians of all stripes have been affected, the number of Christians among those admitted into the U.S. – 1.3 percent – remains significantly smaller than the proportion of Christians in the total population when the war began – an estimated 10 percent, according to the CIA World Factbook.

Last week, Rep. Chris Smith (R-N.J.) said the very small proportion of Christians among Syrian refugees resettled in the U.S. “has got to change.” "

Do you agree with this? They are begging for our help, why are the numbers so low?
    http://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13179469_f1024.jpg

1. wilderness profile image95
      wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps because there aren't whole countries of predominately Christians being persecuted.  They aren't trying to escape as a country full of people.  There aren't a hundred thousand Christians marching out of their country.

Perhaps we'll have more (or more likely more atheists) when the radical Muslims begin to take over the countries of Europe.

Jackie Lynnleyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Seems a shame since we can see above their plea for help and we can't help. I mean it is the Christians being persecuted, the Muslims for the most part have the same religion as ISIS don't they? They all go by the Quran don't they and are Islam? I think I read they cannot put Christians with these groups because they are anti-Christian so what are we really doing to help anything?

"the Muslims for the most part have the same religion as ISIS don't they"

To about the same degree Westboro Baptist Church, the KKK and the Pope all have the same religion.  They all go by the bible and are all Christian, after all!

In the world right now, it isn't primarily Christians being persecuted.  It is Muslims, and can't really see it matters who is doing the persecuting.

Muslims are not Christian (not as a rule although some have become Christian and speak against Islam and Muslim beliefs) and you are so ignorant on this I see no use to discuss it with you.

"Muslims for the most part have the same religion as ISIS don't they?"

Well, one of us is ignorant, anyway.  But where did the "Muslims are not Christian" come from?  Certainly I did not suggest they are!

2. IslandBites profile image89
              IslandBitesposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Please, go educate yourself.

1. Live to Learn profile image61
                Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You might consider taking your own advice. smile

1. IslandBites profile image89

Is there a point or were you simply so blown away with the sage quality of my responses that you thought they merited being posted again?

You're welcome! smile

Glad to help.

2. colorfulone profile image78
      colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

It is disastrous, calamitous, and shocking.

Thousands of Christians, Yazidis, and other religious minorities have been persecuted, killed and terrorized by the Islamic State (ISIS). Hundreds of young girls continue to be kidnapped, raped and sold as sex slaves. Thousands of other individuals have watched silently as their loved ones have been systemically slaughtered because of their faith.  At the same time, Americans vainly hope for resolute leadership from the Obama Administration.

Rather than offer a forceful response to a spate of terror in Syria, Iraq, Orlando, Nice, and Paris, Attorney General Lynch suggested that the “most effective” response is expressions of peace and love. It appears that members of the Obama Administration live in the world of make believe, wherein they are prepared to offer jobs, economic opportunity, and love as the solution to ISIS jihadists who have sworn an oath of hatred and world domination.

Inaction and indecisiveness are reinforced by deflection. This pattern continues to afflict members of the Obama Administration. This week, Secretary of State John Kerry, speaking in Dhaka, Bangladesh, feebly proposed: “Perhaps the media would do us all a service if they didn’t cover [terror attacks] quite as much. People wouldn’t know what’s going on.”

That is the most ghastly pronouncement of willful blindness that I’ve ever heard.

Reality is quite different. Rather than doing “us all a service” by not covering terror and genocide, the media, in reality, would be performing a service for the Obama Administration by deflecting attention from its own inaction in fighting the scourge of terror.

Inaction persists.

It has been more than 5 months since Secretary Kerry declared that atrocities being carried out by ISIS against Christian, Yazidis and other minorities constitutes “genocide.” Responding to pressure from the legislative branch and from the ACLJ and others, Secretary Kerry has stated that the perpetrators must be held accountable. He has also stated that naming these crimes is important but what is essential is to stop them.

So the question becomes, what action, if any, has the Obama Administration taken to stop genocide? Has the Obama Administration sought support for immediate and decisive action from the United Nations or, alternatively has the Administration unleashed the United States’ military to launch an unremitting campaign to destroy the world’s leading terror group?

Instead of naming the genocidal enemy as radical Islamic terror and instead of eradicating the Islamic State, it appears that the Obama Administration is currently more focused on (1) hiding the details of apparent ransom payments to the number one state sponsor of terror, Iran, (2) scrubbing the evidence of its deletion of a State Department video indicating that secret bilateral negotiations with Iran had commenced much earlier than the Administration claimed, and (3) pushing back at suggestions that it agreed to a secret deal with Iran that enabled the Islamic Republic of Iran to dodge restrictions included as part of last year’s nuclear deal.

Taken together, a clear pattern of hiding evidence emerges:  Just like the Obama Administration sought to keep the American people in the dark about its bilateral negotiations with Iran, it appears that Secretary Kerry and the Obama Administration prefer to hide their failure to take decisive action to stop genocide.

While Secretary Kerry wants the news media to keep silent about the genocidal slaughter caused by ISIS terrorists because that would make the Administration’s job easier and because silence would allow the Administration’s continuing failure to either name the enemy and or take action to end genocide to escape scrutiny, this week the ACLJ filed a federal lawsuit in order to establish what, if anything, the Obama Administration is doing in response to the genocide being waged by ISIS.

In July, the ACLJ sent a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Request to the State Department asking for records that would indicate what if any action the Obama Administration is taking to stop, to respond to, or to provide relief to the victims of the genocide in Syria and Iraq. Regrettably, the State Department has ignored our request.

As a consequence, the ACLJ has gone to court to seek information that would show what the Obama Administration has done to confront ISIS, bring the perpetrators to justice, and protect Christians and other victims of the Islamic State’s genocidal campaign.

If the Administration has already taken forceful action to stop genocide, why would it keep such information secret? On the other hand, if it has done nothing, this means thousands of other Christians and members of other religious minorities remain in the cross-hairs of ISIS terrorists.

Just as the ACLJ has filed a lawsuit against the State Department to uncover information relating to the State Department’s decision to delete questions by Fox News reporter James Rosen regarding the Administration’s commencement of secret negotiations with Iran, the ACLJ will forcefully pursue its new lawsuit and demand that the Obama Administration answer questions regarding its failure to stop genocide. The ACLJ Government Accountability Office will continue to lead this effort.

Secretary Kerry is dangerously wrong. We don’t need less attention on the terrorist threats we face; we need more attention and more action to stop this historic evil.

The time for timidity and indecisiveness is over. The time for action is now.

Please sign the petition:
      http://aclj.org/persecuted-church/secre … p-genocide

2. MizBejabbers profile image88
    MizBejabbersposted 7 years ago

There probably aren't that many Christians living in theocratic Muslim countries like Syria. It hasn't been safe for Christians to live in those countries since the Crusades. But I agree with you that if they need refuge, then we should give it to them. It's highly unlikely that they would be harboring terrorists.

There really are many more than most people realize. Do you recall the parents many months ago who threw their children from mountaintops rather than let ISIS torture them? That was so horrible.

2. profile image52
      Setank Setunkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

How about 9 million in Egypt, 2 million in Syria, and 1.5 million in Lebanon. There is still about 1/2 million in Iraq and 3 or 4 hundred thousand living in Iran.

Are they leaving their country, asking for refugee status or do we need to go door to door offering it?

1. profile image52
          Setank Setunkposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Wilderness; Don't need your argumentative comments. I was providing a point of information for MizBejabbers regarding the number of Christians living in the Middle East.

Thank you Setank, I certainly appreciate the information and I do know it is many and that if Americans had a say in anything anymore they would be the ones we would be rescuing and bringing in to help. But instead we are not even getting the women and children we were promised but just the young strong men who should be protecting the women and children in their countries. Even with hands tied though we are not stupid as to what exactly is going on.
            http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/ … n-refugees

3. MizBejabbers profile image88
      MizBejabbersposted 7 years agoin reply to this

OK, y'all, I stand corrected. I didn't realize there were that many. I agree that whether there are two or two billion, we should help them because their goal is not to destroy western civilization.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image82

All we have to do is see what they are doing everywhere they go to know what is coming, don't you think? We are not a stupid people, are we?
      https://youtu.be/2hQAgKvV3Uw

3. Live to Learn profile image61
    Live to Learnposted 7 years ago

I would think non muslims would be given the highest priority for refuge since they are the ones we all know will suffer the most at the hands of jihadists.

As to muslims. It's a religious thing. It is their religion. Maybe they should work on cleaning it up and not ask us to mop up their messes.

1. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What an ignorant, idiotic and callous comment to make. Way to sink to a new low. Priority should be given to children whose parents and families have been killed. Should we ask those children whether they know what a crucifix is before we agree to help them? Disgusting comment.

Right back atcha there, don. You decided to attack without the benefit of thinking first.  Orphans would fall into a different category. They can't simply choose to apply for refugee status to America or anywhere else, for that matter. Only ignorance would cause someone to think what you apparently did. 

As to the idiotic statement about a crucifix. Are all non muslims Christian? Are Yazidis Christian? They are non muslim. They are being targeted also. What are you, completely lacking in the ability to think beyond jumping to conclusions?

The only disgusting thing about this whole exchange is your propensity to get on a high horse when you have absolutely no clue as to what you are talking about.

1. Don W profile image83

Your comment referred only to those seeking "refuge". Orphaned children have sought (and been given) refuge in the US. So much so that Chris Christie explicitly refused to accept orphaned refugees. Charities have been set up to  find homes for orphaned refugees, and articles have been written titled "What happens to orphan refugees in America?". Besides that, your effort to exempt children from the vile discrimination you propose, doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Yes of course the crucifix idea is ridiculous. That's the point. Prioritising one group of people in need over another, on the grounds of their religion, is ridiculous. So naturally any way you try to do that will be ridiculous also.

And no it's not a "Muslim thing". It's a human thing. There are people who believe all religions are ridiculous. That doesn't mean they would (or should) help non-religious people before anyone else.

As I said, it was an idiotic, ignorant and callous statement. Your floundering defense of it only convinces me of that more.

I'm not floundering. Simply flabbergasted at the ignorance of the complaint.

Edit. Orphaned children can not seek, on their own accord, refugee status; that I am aware of. I'd be surprised to see a toddler walk into an embassy and fill out the paperwork. Agencies would be in place to attempt to place them. I don't know anything about what you are speaking of in New Jersey so can't comment. But, it is not a flounder to assume that orphaned children would be treated differently than adults in a war situation.

You appear to be floundering around after the ignorant crucifix statement. I'm afraid you can prioritize. People who are in jeopardy of being victims of genocide should be taken out first. By your reasoning, there is no reason to wonder why the world did not do more to help the Jews during WWII.

You can call it discrimination all you want. That is your right. But, I disagree. It is simply attempting to help those who need help the most. If two people live in a village which can be attacked at any moment and we know if it is attacked one will surely die where the other might.....who do we help first?

So, I stand by my assessment that your complaint is idiotic and ignorant. And, callous toward people most in danger. Your floundering defense of it only convinces me of that more.

1. Don W profile image83

Your comment suggests we should discriminate based on religion when we help, because ISIS discriminates based on religion when it commits genocide. It doesn't. Shia Muslims have been killed, abducted, and forced to flee ISIS in their tens of thousands. So if your comment really meant priority should be given to "people who are in jeopardy of being victims of genocide" then you would have included certain groups of Muslims in there too. Instead you make the abhorrent statement that because it's "their" religion, any Muslims who suffer because of ISIS should be less of a priority and be left to "mop up their messes".

WWII? You're clutching at straws now, but if you want to go there, the nazis targeted Jews and non Jews, like the Romani people. Likewise ISIS targets Muslim and non Muslims alike. In that scenario priority can only be given to those who are most vulnerable, with children being at the top of that list for obvious reasons. If not, then you are effectively saying the lives of one group of people is more important than the lives of another, which is unethical. Saving the life of a Jewish holocaust victim was not more important than saving the life of a Romani holocaust victim. Likewise saving the life of a non Muslim ISIS victim is not more important than saving the life a Muslim ISIS victim. Your comment suggests otherwise, which is why I think it's idiotic, ignorant and callous (at best).

I am not aware of any Muslim group the State Department has determined to be in jeopardy of genocide in that area. If there is one, they should be added to the ranks of the Christians and Yazidis that were so named.

As to the religion aspect. Yes. It is their religion. I'm afraid when you acquiesce to the rule of law of a religion (such as has been done in most of the Middle East) you set the stage for these types of problems. A secular society might be something they should look into.

I would be flabbergasted by your comments about the Jews during WWII but, having read through your other comments I find myself realizing I was right about you. You are clutching at straws, yourself, by insisting that anyone would not give children first priority in having them removed from the area of a conflict.

I find your comments to be idiotic, ignorant callous and uncivil, at best. I'm not accustomed to conversing with people who have no idea how to communicate in a civil manner. So, excuse me if I simply copy and paste the drivel you keep typing.

1. Don W profile image83

You have the whole web at your fingertips, yet suddenly you're incapable of finding comments from the Secretary of State on genocide committed against Muslims by ISIS. I don't buy it.

Now you're blaming the victims of these atrocities for having the audacity to live in non-secular societies. As if people who live in non-secular societies deserve to be murdered by religious fanatics. Are you even reading these comments before you write them, or are you just throwing sentences together at random? I hope it's the latter.

It's very simple: when groups of civilians are being murdered by nut-jobs, that's not the time to further your anti-religion or pro-religion agenda. That's the time to help. And you don't choose who to help by doing a survey of people's personal religious beliefs. You just help. Whether they are Christian, Muslim, Jew, atheist or something else, is irrelevant. ISIS doesn't discriminate by religion in their killing, but you want us to discriminate by religion in our helping? You're entitled to call my comments uncivil, but I'll take uncivil over uncivilized any day of the week.

I'm not quite certain why this appears to be rocket science to a few of you and I am sorry you can't grasp this. Those who are targeted, by virtue of the fact that they are not of some particular religion or not the correct sect.....those whom the international community has agreed are in jeopardy of being murdered just for that fact.....potential victims of genocide; should these people ask for refuge they should be given first priority.

And, to assuage Don's apparently delicate sensibilities with that statement I am not including children in this statement. Orphaned children are a totally different matter and the only conversation I would think the international community might have is where is best for these kids.

If adults are being targeted because of their religion I see no reason to get in a tiffy fit because some point out what those who are targeting these innocents have proclaimed.

If this bothers you I'd say get over it.

Thanks for the link, alter ego. When I saw an article on Kerry's comments I didn't see mention of Shia Muslims.

However, that still doesn't explain why the uproar over my comment. Since I wasn't aware of the fact that Shia were targeted I didn't include them in the comment. I did say those who were in the most danger should take priority. The complaint about a crucifix was quite over the top since Yazidis are not Christian. If Shia are being targeted they should also be a priority.

However, I do still believe that it is a Muslim problem and the religion, itself, is a large part of the problem and those of different sects should work within their religion to help change that.

2. Jackie Lynnley profile image82

More of what is going on not concentrating on refugees we can trust. https://youtu.be/iqAJGXI5l88

..and to add to Live to Learn I will ask you who it is ISIS is targeting? That is who we should be protecting. I sure hope someone gets in power to put a stop to what is happening before it gets too far out of hand and unless you are one of them you would be a fool not to want the same.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image82

How about some video or photos of those helpless children? How about some proof exactly who is coming in before you get high and mighty with no concern for your country...if it is. If it isn't then what's it to you? No one can make me feel bad because I know who we should be helping the ones not ISIS or Islam with the same beliefs as ISIS and the Muslim religion in general no? You want to give me a low down of that and just what they believe and will try to force on this country to change who we are instead of becoming one of us. Sharia law and no one should live who is not one of them? That is who we want? No, that is who the president wants, not the real American citizens.

1. Don W profile image83

Bursting your bubble of ignorance is not my job. It's yours. The evidence is at your fingertips. If you're capable of spewing ignorance over a forum, then you're capable of finding out facts about the world you live in. So go find your own evidence of Muslims targeted by ISIS. Go find the UN reports that outline the genocide committed against Muslims. Go find the photos and videos of "helpless children" if that's what you need to see. I'm not doing it for you. No one can rid you of your ignorance except you. But we both know you won't. You'll stay in your bubble of ignorance, because that's easier than dealing with inconvenient truths. Like the fact that Muslims serve, and have died defending the Constitution. The fact there are Muslim men and women in the intelligence services risking their lives right now for your freedom to make idiotic comments on a web forum. But they can't be "real American citizens" because they're Muslims, right? Someone can't be a Muslim and love their country, right? Like I say, only you can rid yourself of that type of ignorance and idiocy.

You do not know the Muslim religion is Islam? How is it different than ISIS? I care about America and Americans first, yes this is where I live and this is where our country will and already is becoming like others and are you so ignorant you do not know that? I think you do, I just think you are one of the ones who want Americans like me to keep quite while it surrounds us and will become so much harder to control. But like many Americans I look out for the country and I am not blind or politically correct and that is what displeases you and people like you. I do not lie and I do not care what you think of me. I am not a leftist, I cannot be persuaded to give up my ideas and thoughts and have eyes to see and ears to hear.
                https://youtu.be/e_F2YwTPoUM

1. Don W profile image83

ISIS can't take over the country. Muslims can't take over the country. I'm sorry, but thinking that is idiotic. Your comments are based on fear and ignorance. But your fear is irrational, and your ignorance unnecessary.

The fear is an emotional response to what you see in the news media, and elsewhere. Case in point are the videos you have posted. Where is the video about the billions of Muslims who work, play with their kids, pray and just live their lives. Where are the stories that say "Today billions of Muslims did absolutely nothing out of the ordinary!" Those videos and stories wouldn't get readers, viewers or clicks. So the only "Muslims" you see and hear about are those who either hurt people, or talk about hurting people. That isn't reality.

Instead of acknowledging that, you allow yourself to be terrified. So terrified that you'd hesitate to help people fleeing genocide. ISIS is called a terror organization for a reason. Its goal is to terrorize people. In your case, mission accomplished.

As for your ignorance, do you know any Muslims personally? Have you spent time with a Muslim family? Are you part of a local church that does outreach with other faith communities, including Muslims? If you want to know what ordinary Muslims think, speak to ordinary Muslims (yes they exist!) instead of reading blogs, and watching videos by people who are either as scared as you are, or are hate-filled and have an agenda.

Unfortunately that takes some thought and some effort. It's much easier to spread BS on the web (helping ISIS in the process). And don't talk to me about putting "America first". There was an anti-semitic organization that campaigned not to fight Hitler during WWII. It's name was "America First" too (go look it up). How ironic that you would use the same phrase to refuse help for Muslims, some fleeing from genocide. Funny how people with hateful agendas use patriotism as their excuse.

Being American doesn't mean being Christian. If you think it does, visit Arlington, read the names of all the Muslims who died defending the Constitution. Then go tell their families they weren't American, because they were Muslims. But remember you only have the freedom to say that because they fought and died for it. You haven't posted any videos about those Muslims? Why not?

Maybe you should ask yourself what is Muslim religion for that is what Muslim is, not a people and then ask yourself what they believe, everyone of them. So apparently you did not watch the videos. There are no videos that says they are just good old boys that do not live by their religion. Maybe what you are speaking of is the Christian refugee camps...oh but is there any of those?

2. Live to Learn profile image61

I watched the video. It's scary. It's pretty much in line with what the Muslims who hosted a meet and greet said to us about 10 years ago. They said it while they were smiling, and reminding us that Islam would be good for America. I didn't know what to say in response. I really wanted to be polite but they scared the beejeebies out of me because they honestly appeared to think these were things we would be happy with.

And here is more and this is the future of the US...sooner with Hillary.
                    https://youtu.be/Vp_1JvRsCYE

2. Live to Learn profile image61

I think the thing that bothers me is we have two positions with incredibly loud voices, each taking conclusions to the extreme without taking the other possibilities into account.

On the right, we have those who see the worst case scenarios and worry about these affecting peace and tranquillity in America. They have fair concerns. Look at young women being targeted in Germany by groups of refugees. Look at the unrest in France, although I believe many of these are homegrown. Legitimate fears pushed beyond reason with harsh conclusions. And insulting any they believe disagree.

Then on the left, ignorance driven by a need to espouse political correctness. Blind adherence to a naive belief that all people will frolic in freedom singing kumba ya. And, insulting any who they believe disagree.

It's a pickle.

Clearly there is a problem and anyone denying it is the problem. http://shoebat.com/2016/09/16/muslims-a … -the-city/

Don, don't get your knickers in a wad. I think that LTL was just echoing Jackie's concern that the world seemed greatly concerned over the plight of Muslim refugees, but very little attention was being given to the displaced Christians and Jews.  LTL is correct in saying that Muslims have been fighting for generations with each other and that they should not expect the world to clean up their continuing mess.You sound like a closet Muslim, so I don't know why LTL is arguing with you unless she enjoys it.

1. Don W profile image83

That part if the discussion is kind of over. Might be worth reading a bit more before commenting. And if I were a Muslim I wouldn't be closeted about it. No, I just don't consider it sensible to judge all Muslims on the basis of what some Muslims do. In the same way that, just because hundreds of millions of Christians live in countries where it's legal to kill and imprison gay people, that doesn't mean every Christian on the planet hates gay people. If you think it does, then you sound like a closet bigot. I know which I'd rather be.

4. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

What Muslim refugee's really need is to be helped in their own regions , their own homes  , without the  shock therapy of forced migrations and marches .   These forced world migrations are simply one or two failing religious centered  political  systems  getting rid of their own problems of hunger , cultural diversity and  economic  liabilities .

What American in these forums  can honestly say that uprooting a entire  culture of people , as if this were YOU and YOUR family and city ,   to another  entirely different world culture across the continent ?  While in these same countries  Christians are being persecuted  beyond the realization  or care of the mainstream media  !

The P.C. foreign policies  of intellectual midgets in the white house and beyond , has to stop now !

How do we "help" them?  Boots on the ground?

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Muslims  AND the integrity of the Muslim family ,their  religion , their  cultural  wonders , their  children's futures ..................all around  , it would be cheaper  for all of us all , Europe  and the rest of the world  to pitch in and protect them  in their  own home environment .   The refugee travels and crisis alone has injured  and killed them more  than had they just stayed home .      If we are to spend the resources relocating to save  them anyway , it would have been  as wiser to save them in their own environs !

Cheaper in dollars, much more expensive in the lives of our men and women that will die protecting them. 

But beyond that, a people will never be free until they do it themselves.  The blood cost cannot be paid by a third party - that only gives a temporary respite at best.

And finally, I for one am tired of paying the cost, whether in dollars, lives or self respect, of playing policeman and forcing other cultures to conform to our norms.

1. MizBejabbers profile image88

I was with you all the way until "forcing other cultures to conform to our norms." Please explain.
            If we take them in, we don't have to allow their cultures to break our laws (child brides, female mutilation, molesting women for wearing western dress and appearing in public without a chaperon (for example, Germany where women are taking self-defense classes for protection)) If they aren't willing to obey our laws, then they should not seek asylum in our country.

I was referring more to going into their countries and remaking it into something we would like to have.

For instance, the US has a long history of fighting one way or another over "human rights".  Not all countries agree with what WE think of as natural rights, so we force them into our mold.

That's where it all gets irritating. We agree on such as that, but then we have to foot the bill to clean up the messes. We have to take in the refugees from these countries. And,,once we do, then we have to find ways to coexist peacefully when that would not have been an option had we moved to their countries.

Don't get me wrong. I think we should help in any way we can but it is all very, very lopsided.

Problem is that the refugees don't want to be American, living in and becoming a part of the American culture.  They want their own culture, with Americans living that culture with them.

Not interested.

I'm not interested either.

2. Credence2 profile image78
                    Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

You get one sensationalist video and want to blanket apply this to all refugees, simply not credible

Thanks for clarifying. I'm not interested either.

This will be everywhere soon. Americans better wake up. https://makeamericagreattoday.com/ameri … -hometown/

I read somewhere that our government give refugees like $1800 a month compared to $1200 for Veterans. Now maybe that is not exact but that is close I know and it does not surprise me at all and did you see the one with the food stamp fraud and his daughter gives Americans the middle finger while his wife say the words!
          https://youtu.be/FmHIDjV2JWo

1. profile image0
            ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

The present administration is HELL  bent on increasing the voter base of liberal politics .   The average American  election is so closely divided, ideologically ,  that to greatly advance one party , even slightly ,  is to win  the election  thus the influx of liberal  illegals AND the inclusion of the Muslim refugee's!   Beg ,borrow or steal the election  -  IS the new way for  a dyeing party to survive.

Hillary's  total lack of integrity , honesty and  good character knows no  boundaries ,  No voter I.D.?  , All the better for Clintons  stolen elections!

1. Credence2 profile image78

Just like the right wing voter base is hell bent on increasing votes for right wing politicians. Let's just see who does it better?

Now illegals will be voting? We have lost this country, if this stands!!

3. colorfulone profile image78
              colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

U.S. Spends Another $10 Mil to Register New Immigrant Voters
              http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/ … nt-voters/

Since 2009 USCIS has doled out $63 million in these grants to prepare more than 156,000 resident immigrants in dozens of states for U.S. citizenship, according to the agency’s figures. Besides the free classes, Uncle Sam also offers immigrants free “naturalization legal services,” the latest USCIS grant announcement states. “Recipient organizations serve both traditional immigrant destinations and new immigrant getaway cities in 21 states,” the USCIS document reads. The latest $10 million investment will prepare approximately 25,000 residents from more than 50 countries, according to the agency. More than a dozen states—including California, New York, Florida, Washington and Ohio—with large resident immigrant populations are being targeted as well as cities with huge immigrant populations such as Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco and Washington D.C.

Not true. That's an old (2004) claim that began in Canada.

Refugee Cash Assistance
            What it is:
            The Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) Program helps refugees by providing cash and medical assistance (Refugee Medical Assistance program) during their first eight months in the U.S.

Income and Resource Requirements:
            To be eligible for the RCA program you must have resources of less than $1,000. Certain resources, such as the first $5,000 of equity in a vehicle, are exempt.

If you are a family of two eligible for RCA, you will get $420 if you have no income. If one or both of you are working, we count half of your earnings against your grant. If you are a family of two, once you earn over $839 per month, you would no longer receive RCA. You will continue to receive RMA for the rest of your first eight months in the U.S.

If you are getting unearned income, such as gift cards, or gambling winnings, or ongoing payments from your VOLAG agency, we count this income dollar for dollar against your grant. If you are a family of two, once you started receiving $420 per month in unearned income you would no longer receive RCA. You will continue to receive RMA for the rest of your first eight months in the U.S.

3. MizBejabbers profile image88

Jackie, I don't know where the $1,200 for veterans is coming from. There are varying degrees of pay to veterans depending on whether it is retirement or disability and rank at retirement and percentage of disability. My husband gets about $550 a month for a 30% disability that prevented him from earning top dollar as an engineer in his chosen field. Some veterans who are classified as 100% disabled get about $3,800 a month just for a back injury like the one I have. I'm still working BTW. The veterans system is another story though for another forum.

Your comment directs us all to clarifications that need to be made regarding this issue so that we may properly compare apples with apples, thanks.

Wow well a lot is going somewhere isn't it? https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the … -refugees/

When looking at an almost 700billion defense budget the numbers quoted in the article sound quite paltry in comparison.

Thanks for providing the article, but in all fairness this excerpt has to be considered :

But going back to the conventional wisdom that refugees are financial burdens: Swanson cites research from Denmark to Uganda to Cleveland that found that they actually end up paying back their host countries by creating jobs (one study found that refugees are more likely to open small businesses) and encouraging their new neighbors to specialize in jobs they're better suited for, making economies run more efficiently. The studies found that refugees were either cost-neutral or cost-positive for their host countries. (Another little-known fact: Refugees must reimburse the United States for their flights.)

According to this MizB we might save money giving them $1800 if this is what it will cost but of course this will go into many pockets other than what it should like the millions that went for the first crashed ObamaCare site. http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sessi … le/2576450

5. colorfulone profile image78
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Obama administration has exceeded its Syrian refugee admission target by 15 percent, with 11,491 resettled in the United States as of the beginning of this week...

15% Over Target: 11,491 Syrian Refugees Admitted Already; 0.46% Are Christians
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/pat … christians

6. IslandBites profile image89
    IslandBitesposted 7 years ago

"My purpose here today is to assert in my judgment, (ISIS) is responsible for genocide against groups in areas under its control including Yazidis, Christians and Shiite Muslims,"
    - Secretary of State John Kerry

---

According to a 2009 report published by the Counter Terrorism Center at the United States Military Academy at West Point, Al-Qaeda kills over seven times more Muslims than non-Muslims.

The U.S. National Counterterrorism Center – the United States government organization responsible for national and international counterterrorism efforts – reported in 2011: In cases where the religious affiliation of terrorism casualties could be determined, Muslims suffered between 82 and 97 percent of terrorism-related fatalities over the past five years.

The UN reported last year that Muslims are the largest victims of ISIS in Iraq.

---

Btw,

(2015) Between January and July, Assad’s military and pro-government militias killed 7,894 people, while the Islamic State killed 1,131, according to the Syrian Network for Human Rights, a monitoring group based in Britain. Government forces are responsible for many more of the estimated 250,000 deaths in the four-year-old conflict. At least 4 million Syrians have fled Syria since 2011. It's ISIS, but it's also government, rebel groups, Russia, US...

So, no. It's not only christian dying. "Everybody" is dying, "everybody" is getting hurt, "everybody" is a refugee.

Why would christians have priority (or any religion for that matter)? There's separation of State and religion in the US.

Would christian americans have priority over muslim american citizens in a catastrophic event?

Then maybe since you are so intelligent you could tell us why they come here and want us to change to be like them and snub our flag and ways and act like it is their country and want Sharia Law?If they have the same religion that think no one should live but them how are they different from ISIS? Tell me.  Do Christian pay us back that way and degrade us as a country?
      Look at all the crimes the law is trying to sweep under the carpet too of theirs, but maybe that is best left for another forum.

1. IslandBites profile image89

They come here... Who? Syrian refugees? Muslims? From Indonesia, Malaysia, Turkey, Angola, France, England, Spain... Any muslim? All muslims? Thousands, right? Where are they doing that? In the fake websites you read? Or maybe because youtube nutjob  says so?

Yeah, muslims believe no one should live... That's why all 3 millions of american muslims have been killing so many non-muslim americans. :-O
        You know, since Islam has been a part of the US since the beginning, I wonder how many non-muslim americans have been killed by muslim americans through the last centuries... Billions, i guess.

roll

These girls will tell you all about it!!!
      https://youtu.be/V8ZGDLA-CjE

7. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

mohammad once gave a reward, a trophy to someone that brought him the severed head of one of his enemies.  How could anyone characterize any person that would follow someone like that as being moderate.

Come on. Let's be reasonable. Think about the atrocities of the Old Testament. Many Christians attempt to reason that they were well and good because God commanded them.

1. PhoenixV profile image64
        PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I'm not Jewish. Christians follow Jesus' life and teachings. A dozen or so JW's havent hijacked commercial jets and flew them into skyscrapers killing everyone on board the planes and thousands of civilian casualties. Have you heard of any Quakers burying their daughters up to their head while the entire village throws stones at her head while she pleads for her life. Or some Mormons making beheading videos. Or maybe some Methodist gonna turn Canada into their own caliphate. These things are happening now and not just being done by random few extremists. Theyre making videos of it and putting it on youtube along with the amounts of people involved. And you are right about it being exported.  The difference I believe is following Jesus or following a warlord. The results are exactly what one would expect

http://mashable.com/2014/08/11/babaric- … fV0UQEu5qp

I agree, for the most part. The beauty of Christianity is, as you said, they follow Christ. Christ didn't write book. Probably for this exact reason. So people would think, their thinking would evolve and grow more and more peaceful and more and more separated into individual interpretation. With Islam there is no possibility to evolve. 'Mohammed said, end of it'.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)