jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why does everyone hate cops?

1. DrNaj profile image57
    DrNajposted 7 years ago

Why does everyone hate cops?

2. Jason Oleinik profile image71
    Jason Oleinikposted 7 years ago

The "stupid, uneducated brawn-over-brains" cop stereotype is very popular (and in some cases true!).

3. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 7 years ago

I don't hate cops. But the Innocence Project has found many people to be innocent who were arrested and found guilty. The police will zoom in on a suspect and won't let go. The real criminals get away. It doesn't seem to matter as long as SOMEONE punishes for a crime.  http://www.innocenceproject.org/news/Blog.php

Policemen are overly brutal.

One man whose dog fell through the ice on a lake, called for help. They sent a cop with no rescue equipment and the first responding fire department had none either. The man asked why did you even show up? He headed toward the lake to comfort his dog. The cop tackled, handcuffed, and arrested the man, for OBSTRUCTION of Justice?? All in front of his wife and kids.

They finally saved his dog after he was almost dead.  I don't get cops

4. Mr. Happy profile image82
    Mr. Happyposted 7 years ago

I was stopped by a few police officers on bikes on the Sunday of the G20 week-end (the 27th of June) and they asked my friend and I for ID. I told the officers I had none.

Immediately they jumped off their bikes and approaching me one asked to see what was in my back-pack. I was throughly prepared for that incident, I somewhat foresaw it coming.

"Sure," I replied throwing my back-pack on the ground.

"I shoot photographs and I write so you will find film, books, notebooks, a scarf and some vinegar in case you guys go crazy with the tear-gas ..."

While I was describing the contents of my bag one officer was searching through it seeing all the things I was mentioning. At one point thought he came to my clip-board and exclaimed:

"Ohh, you have this ... the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms, good."

"Yes, and you can pull it out if you want and I will show you why you guys are overstepping your boundaries now. I do not have to give you my name and I am actually being a nice guy now for letting you perform and illegal search."

That that was the end of their questioning - it was the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms that made the bully cops stop harassing me.

Too often I have seen police officers bully people. I cannot stand that!

5. profile image0
    Rosemary Banksposted 6 years ago

Too many of them are fake and can't be trusted.

working