jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Are you going to vote Tuesday? If not, why?

1. JayDeck profile image71
    JayDeckposted 7 years ago

Are you going to vote Tuesday? If not, why?

2. Treasuresofheaven profile image72
    Treasuresofheavenposted 7 years ago

I am going to vote, this is a huge election.  There are many open seats to fill.  Governor, Senate, Judges, etc...  These are very important offices.  I'd rather stay home and not vote, I've had enough voting lately.  However, I do know how important it is to vote, so I will exercise my right.  I do want to set an example for my children.  I feel strong about my candidates, and they can't win if I don't vote.

3. Balm In Gilead profile image56
    Balm In Gileadposted 7 years ago

Yes.  I am not pleased with my choices...Yet again!  I am voting hoping to minimize the damage.
    The real decisions are made in the primaries.  I wish more people would take them seriously.  Most candidates who come anywhere close to my way of thinking have already lost.

4. EllenDean profile image81
    EllenDeanposted 7 years ago

YES!  I live in Thailand and am still able to vote on an absentee ballot. So many people have suffered to give every American citizen the right to vote - why wouldn't someone take advantage of that privileged? 

It's odd to me that one of the things publicized and promoted on the news is when due to our forces being in Iraq, citizens now have the right to vote - why would we go to another country to offer that great privilege when we wouldn't vote on our own soil?

I hope everyone votes...even if they don't like the candidates.No one will be perfect 100% and I may not even agree with who others are voting for, but I hope everyone expresses their right to do so....even if they live in foreign countries.

Closed to reply