jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think the government is really hiding something in area 51 ?

1. possum lover profile image57
    possum loverposted 7 years ago

Do you think the government is really hiding something in area 51 ?

2. rafken profile image78
    rafkenposted 7 years ago

Yes I think so, although it may not be an alien.

3. RealityBomb profile image75
    RealityBombposted 7 years ago

The government is hiding something everywhere. Area 51 however, probably but also probably not what you'll expect. If they have some facility that deals with evidence of an extra-terrestrial nature then I'd imagine it would be such a secret location that it'll never get mentioned by any media outlet or movie.

So what could they be hiding at the infamous Area-51? I would guess its reputation. Its probably home to something boring and nowhere near as impressive as a shot ufo.

4. wilbury4 profile image72
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

I think "people" have assisted in building the mystery and suspicion over Area 51. Suspicion and rumour spread fast. Maybe something did happen there, maybe something is still happening there, then maybe your government are just going along with the rumours and keeping quiet to prolong them????

5. L a d y f a c e profile image78
    L a d y f a c eposted 7 years ago

In all honesty I think that no matter what I think, I'm still a 50-50 shot away from being right. So I suppose, I hope they're hiding something. Although, like someone said before me, if they really are, it's probably not all that impressive.

6. Wayne Brown profile image85
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

Obviously the government is hiding something in Area 51. Every military power must have a secretive research and development program if they are to stay up with technology and bargain from a position of strength.  You only have to look as far as the U-2 and SR-71 aircraft produced in the 50's to know the level of technology that is at work in such a place.  Many people work there and many secrets are kept but few know the big picture and are confined to small operating areas.  Largely, I think the public would likely find Area 51 much more mundane than their imagination might suppose.  Too many associate what is going on there with intent to hide alien beings from the public or to deceive the public.  In essence, it comes down to the fact that we cannot maintain ourselves as a strong military power in the world unless we sustain secrets related to technological development.  In that sense, Area 51 is no different that the building which houses the FBI or the CIA.  WB

7. TheHoleStory profile image79
    TheHoleStoryposted 7 years ago

There's no doubt that there was something there at one time. If it's still there today is anyone's guess.

working