jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Do you think that your life is better with social websites like Facebook?

1. EinsFloW profile image63
    EinsFloWposted 7 years ago

Do you think that your life is better with social websites like Facebook?

2. iskra1916 profile image60
    iskra1916posted 7 years ago

Not qualitively but it is really dependent on the individual and many other variables. I make minimal use of Facebook although I would keep it logged-on in one of my tabs.

It would be an invaluable resource for keeping in realtime contact with relatives and friends overseas.

There is also a potential for some people to put too much reliance on social networking sites and become overly reliant on 'virtual' friends.

3. drdspervez profile image69
    drdspervezposted 7 years ago

It depends on my mood,i just go through the face book because i have other important things to do also.

DR. DURRESHAHWAR PERVEZ

4. Earl S. Wynn profile image84
    Earl S. Wynnposted 7 years ago

I think so. Almost everyone I love lives more than two hours away from where I do, so it's nice to have something like Facebook which allows me to keep in near constant contact with the ones I love.

5. cookibuq profile image60
    cookibuqposted 7 years ago

sort of...It's fun, keeps you informed of what your friends are up to and you can keep in touch with them wherever you are. Main downfall is that you could also get addicted and be stuck on the chair staring at the screen for a good few hours...tried and tested ._.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Not even a little bit.  My life should include natural socialization to a much higher degree than it does because of the advent of myspace and facebook.  I can, however, thank myspace for my online writing hobby.

7. forlan profile image57
    forlanposted 7 years ago

No, I do not. Facebook just help us to find new friend and to make a business contact

8. Neverletitgo profile image78
    Neverletitgoposted 7 years ago

Of course yes, because I can interact with different people and can make a lot of friends. I can share my time with my best friends who live distance area.

9. Mayaanjali profile image70
    Mayaanjaliposted 7 years ago

It is fun connecting to old contacts but the time consumed in front of the computer is a lot .

10. cockrelle profile image57
    cockrelleposted 7 years ago

Social networks unfortunately work both ways. They can be used to promote one’s self, yet a simple careless post could go as far as to ruin your career. I believe as long as people are responsible, we can greatly benefit though social media sites.

11. lindajot profile image71
    lindajotposted 7 years ago

nope - I only get on to look at photos from those I don't see everyday.  I don't enjoy gossip, or negativity and besides the few that make me smile, the rest just drag me down.

12. Wayne Brown profile image83
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

I don't know that life is indeed any better. There is a convenience aspect to it that allows one to stay abreast of what is going on with various people without expending singular efforts on each one and the same is true in the opposite.  From that standpoint, I think it provides a service that gives us some level of pleasure and peace of mind. Certainly, it is an area that you can take far too seriously and get far too involved into without any real gain.  WB