jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Where on the government agenda would you rank education as a social priority?

1. burning bush profile image73
    burning bushposted 7 years ago

Where on the government agenda would you rank education as a social priority?

Use a scale of 1-10.

2. profile image58
    patspnnposted 7 years ago

On the goverment agenda I would rank  education  as #4 as a social priority

3. Neverletitgo profile image77
    Neverletitgoposted 7 years ago

I would rank #2 after our Citizens' safety.

4. profile image58
    foreignpressposted 7 years ago

In the forefront, as the public sees it, perhaps third. In the background, behind the scenes, I rank it number one. The reason is that education can be used as a tool for indoctrination. A political agenda cannot be accomplished without the support of the majority. If children are "taught" in a certain way from an early age they slowly begin to believe the newly-revised textbooks and blind obdience is the result. As we become more global and cultures merge, education will be one tool that can control the multitudes.

5. cockrelle profile image58
    cockrelleposted 7 years ago

I believe we should be ranking education as the highest social priority we have. Education is the future of our country.

6. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i would have to say # 3. education is important but taking care of our fellow man is much more important. protecting our country is also more important.

7. kosanya profile image69
    kosanyaposted 7 years ago

I think education should be our top priority. We do not want to live in a society full of dumb and ignorant people. Do we?

8. Rabid Puma profile image59
    Rabid Pumaposted 7 years ago

Which government? I think the federal government should stay out of it almost entirely; at that level it's mostly a bureaucracy sponging up money and trying to micromanage a macroscopic entity.

On the state and local levels I think it should be paramount.

9. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

Education is a high priority for this government - they seek to do away with it in every way possible, or at least that is what it seems like to me.

10. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I rank it high, but in the entire world America ranks 26, behind even some Third World countries, not a good thing.

11. Wayne Brown profile image84
    Wayne Brownposted 7 years ago

7 at best.  Education is simply a political football for most politicians and the public buys into it.  Think of the billions and billions of dollars spend on the concept of education since this country began and yet we still complain today that the quality is substandard.  That complaint allows politicians to keep pouring money down the drain.  In reality, what is wrong with our education system is not the teacher or the facilities, it is the students and their attitudes toward learning and bettering themselves.  A person who wants to learn will survive and do well even in a marginal school environment. At the same time, a poor student will continue to perform poorly even in the best of schools.  We need to fix the attitudes of those sent to learn and the rest will take care of itself.  Even anarchy cannot suppress the urge to learn...those who desire to learn will find a way. WB

Closed to reply

working